DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

I can NOT wait for the live HoF Ceremony on the Network when Warrior gives his speech.

10442-21221.jpg

"My God, it will be beautiful."

Especially when you consider there's a good chance Hogan's gonna be in the front row. I can imagine Warrior being good and composed for a few minutes, until he locks eyes with Hogan and it sends him into a rage.

I'm currently watching a WWF PPV Main Event that stands right now at Ultimate Warrior and Shawn Michaels vs. Arn Anderson, Haku, and Bobby Heenan.

I love this Network

EDIT: BOBBY FUCKING HEENAN JUST TEASED A TOP ROPE TO FLOOR DIVE ON SHAWN MICHAELS!!!  HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

EDIT: HE DID IT AGAIN WITH WARRIOR!!!

EDIT EDIT EDIT: And Heenan is bumping like a fucking pinball for Warrior.

Alright I watched long enough to see the Steiner brothers vs. Harlem Heat and that was a really fun match. 

If you like tag teams recklessly throwing bombs at one another and damn match structure, '95-'97 WCW is for you. At one point, the Road Warriors, Steiners, Harlem Heat, and Public Enemy are all on the roster and being reasonably pushed. Basically every tag match is just spot after spot of dudes throwing each other around without a care.

Unfortunately, most of this stuff is on Nitro and not PPV, but maybe you can find it through the search engine. 

Second'd. I remember several Nitros where Harlem Heat v. Steiners actually main evented a couple of Nitro's in either late 96 or 1997. Or maybe the Faces of Fear were involved. Either way, those matches were always fun and the crowds were always hot.

You know what'd be awesome?  If the live stream for WWE Network started airing old shows in their old timeslots.  Thunder on Thursdays!  Nitro late on Mondays (after Raw, like you're on a split feed or something).  Superstars, WCW Saturday Night and all the varied territory shows on the weekends!  

Hell, if they can toss in a quick vignette to make WCW Saturday Night start at 6:05 Eastern, I'd love them forever.

Not that I don't already - this is already the greatest thing ever for a pro wrestling fan, and it's going to get even better.  That's got me almost giddy.

• Like 4

I'm watching Spring Stampede '94. You know who was really good before his knee injury before he left WCW? Johnny B. Badd. He and DDP had great chemistry.

The variety of matches on this card is amazing. We've got garbage matches, brawls, scientific bouts, etc. 

Great choice. I was watching some of it on Monday. I still have the VHS tape from the night it aired. Maybe the best PPV of all-time. It's loaded and as you said... there's something for everyone. Even the two "street fights" are completely different in style. One is the garbage/weapons style fall count anywhere and the other is a classic come-as-you-are jeans and boots bloodbath. You even have Vader/Bossman trading blows.

I have to confess, outside of work/school.. I have no idea what else is going on in the world right now. WWEN is going to consume all my free time.

• Like 1

It's probably a pipe dream, but I would love for them to put up old OVW shows if enough people start watching NXT.

Everything seems to be working perfectly today, which is bitter sweet because the first thing that has worked was an Alan Funk match followed by a Kid Romeo match.

Great choice. I was watching some of it on Monday. I still have the VHS tape from the night it aired. Maybe the best PPV of all-time. It's loaded and as you said... there's something for everyone. Even the two "street fights" are completely different in style. One is the garbage/weapons style fall count anywhere and the other is a classic come-as-you-are jeans and boots bloodbath. You even have Vader/Bossman trading blows.

I have to confess, outside of work/school.. I have no idea what else is going on in the world right now. WWEN is going to consume all my free time.

GAB 89 says hello

The wrestling classic has made me realize that I really didn't watch ALOT of WWF in 1985. I know I watched some and I know I was big on AWA then. I don't remember anything between Mania and the classic.

And for those keeping track, Terry Funk is edited when he says WWF on this show.

I feel like my childhood was wasted. WCW were here on British TV & I just dismissed them as a WWF imitator. What a grievous error.

Not getting WCW in Canada until '97 other than the PPVs my grandfather would record off his blackbox for me (fuck yeah, old man piracy), made me also feel like I had an incomplete childhood. But, at least I had those PPVs.

Watching Raw Episode 2.

Forgot about non-Rooster "Terrific Terry Taylor" in WWF. Did not forget that Curt Hennig is my favorite wrestler. Pretty sure if 11 year old Vince Greene could be anyone, it would have been Mr. Perfect. 

This is going to be a tremendous time suck whenever the wife - who isn't into this sort of thing, as a proper Long Island lady - is not around. Or on my lunch breaks.

Fuck yeah for Doom's power jazz theme not being dubbed over....

But fuck no for Simmons getting a crappy re-dub at Wrestle War '92. I actually think of that song more as Simmons's theme then Doom, but I also viewed him as the star of Doom.

On a Simmons note from different threads, hard for Simmons to come across as a top-flight champ when he spent most of the time feuding with Cactus's misfits like Barbarian (who was awesome, but fresh off of 2+ years of jobbing up north) and a washed up Tony Atlas. The Rick Rude feud was a step in the right direction before the injury, but he already had spent 3 months as a mid card  world champ. In hindsight, he should have won the belt from Vader after a multi-month feud to re-establish him as a main eventer and then went right into a Dangerous Alliance feud.