DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

I'm looking for some recommendations. I really fancy watching some Vader. What are the must see WCW Vader match or matches?

Watch Bash 92 where Vader wins the title from Sting.  It was a great "Sting didn't do his homework on Vader and ends up in over his head" moment that put over Vader huge.  Kinda like the wrestling equilivent of the first Rocky vs. Clubber Lang fight.  

Watching Superbrawl II with no issues so far.  Good god I forgot just how good this fucking Liger/Pillman match was.

• Like 1

So how have our SOs reacted to this new encroachment on their lives so far?

Mine is NOT a fan (though her dad is a fan and she's nice enough to tolerate me about it) and was less than enthused with the explanation I gave her for the Network, though she did agree with me that there was no way I could ever justify the expense to her since she doesn't like it to begin with.

Mine's OK with it.  She was actually ok with me getting it because of the PPV's, and the back stuff because of how much time I spend putting the baby to sleep, it comes in handy if I've already gone through my DVR backlog.

I'm looking for some recommendations. I really fancy watching some Vader. What are the must see WCW Vader match or matches?

Like everyone else said, every Sting match in order: Great American Bash '92, Starrcade '92, Superbrawl III ('93), Slamboree '94, and the "triangle match" w/ Ray Traylor at Fall Brawl '94. You also want the other two Ray Traylor matches, which are at Spring Stampede '94 and Bash at the Beach '94.

Flair at Starrcade '93 is a great, dramatic match. Cactus Jack Texas Death Match at Halloween Havoc '93 was well received at the time, dunno if it holds up. Stan Hansen match at...Wrestle War '91 I think? Is worth watching. I've never seen the Hogan matches but I know people really like the one at Superbrawl V at the very least.

Unfortunately neither Dustin Rhodes match from '94 (from Clash 19 and WCWSN a few weeks later) is on the network. Hopefully they'll add the Clash specials.

I don't think there has been a 360 update since Microsoft sent out that ridiculous post yesterday.

“Are you having trouble using your WWE app on your Xbox 360 console? We’ve got you covered, XBox members! Thanks for being patient while we work toward a fix. We’ll provide an update for you as soon as possible.”

And in poking around various places - it seems like each side (The WWE and Microsoft) is blaming the other.

I am assuming that at some point today the WWE will throw MLB under the bus again

I don't think there has been a 360 update since Microsoft sent out that ridiculous post yesterday.

“Are you having trouble using your WWE app on your Xbox 360 console? We’ve got you covered, XBox members! Thanks for being patient while we work toward a fix. We’ll provide an update for you as soon as possible.”

And in poking around various places - it seems like each side (The WWE and Microsoft) is blaming the other.

I am assuming that at some point today the WWE will throw MLB under the bus again

Could this lead to the return of Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz? We know Vince loves to play his real life beefs out on TV...

For some reason, the October '91 MSG show I tried to unsuccessfully watch yesterday is now no longer listed - you can still bring up 1991 in the Old School section on PC, but it brings up a "The data you requested is unavailable at this time" error.  

However, I'm able to watch Havoc '89 in Chrome on PC with absolutely no issues so far.  Every day it seems they clean things up more and more.

The live stream has continued to be picture perfect for me no matter what I watch it on - was watching Series '12 in full HD with no skip.  It gives me a lot of hope for NXT Arrival tomorrow and for WM30.

Quick question, do they give you the full show for Super Brawl II?

Yes, the full show is available if you can get it working. That goes for all the PPvs that were chopped up on home video as far as I can tell.

Mine is NOT a fan (though her dad is a fan and she's nice enough to tolerate me about it) and was less than enthused with the explanation I gave her for the Network, though she did agree with me that there was no way I could ever justify the expense to her since she doesn't like it to begin with.

Do what I do... Don't tell them. If they find out, tell them to mind their own business, shut up and watch Lifetime.

• Like 3

Do what I do... Don't tell them. If they find out, tell them to mind their own business, shut up and watch Lifetime.
tumblr_mt78qjHsL11s5slm4o1_500.gif
  • Like 3

Looks like they fixed/corrected the videos available by searching,

Still haven't made it through my first PPV. I was doing good with In Your House till I accidentally backed out of it. When I skipped back to where I left off the constant buffering was too frequent to take watching seriously.

Thinking more and more of canceling after the week trial and maybe checking it out again later when more of the bugs are worked out.

She has known about it for a few months now. I gave her fair warning. Put in ALOT of quality time over past month so she can purposely be tired of me so I can have "free time" now. I might even spend more time with her WHILE the network is down, but she doesn't know that. "Ahhh so you still want to see me even when you have the Network." Me: YUP!

I had been waiting to sign up to at least the end of the week (if not longer) due to financials but I forgot that the one week trial would mean I wouldn't be billed until my bank account was good so I might just break down today. 

And they way I explained it to my wife was that since the only reason we used Hulu Plus was because of my NXT watching - we could drop that and it would be a wash in terms of cost and she was fine with it.