DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

That probably depends on your router and network card, Shunna.

I'm having no trouble loading short shows tonight, but any PPVs will buffer themselves to crashing within five minutes.  Also: I find myself suspending my game of Strider every hour to see what kind of wacky interstitial bits they'll run.  So far I've seen two "Best of the Worst" segments (Shockmaster and Kennel from Hell), ads for Legends House and Monday Night War, WWE Inbox (where they take a Twitter question and ask midcarders and Divas to answer it) and Blow Away.  I've seen Blow Away at least three times now.

I know they want people to feel encouraged to sign up, but what's a bit frustrating is that, unless I've overlooked something, they aren't acknowledging it anywhere.  I'd love to see something on the website saying "Hey, we know there are issues and we're working on it, thank you for being patient", etc.  Maybe even acknowledge what the issues are. 

Instead it's just "Hey, it's awesome, sign up!" 

Yeah, yeah, capitalism and working the public, but come on, the problems are no secret.  Man up and tell us you're working on it.

Y'know, I will say this. The streaming channel working like a champ at least shows that they might be able to handle the Mania 30 volume. 

It's just sad I can't get my wrestling nerd on with the app.

I hope the 360 app is functional. The splash screen for logins is a lot better than the PS4 one.

I just finished watching the Zayn/Cesaro two out of three falls match from NXT, and I believe WWE has gone in, and removed all mentions of the Antonio portion of Cesaro's name.

The interview with the two of them afterward was new?  It was amazing.  Cesaro has been so wasted by not letting him talk quietly and be the arrogant sportsman.

I've come to realize that as far as the on demand goes, if there aren't any match break dots set up in the timeline, it's probably not going to play all the way through.  But a lot more stuff has worked today than yesterday.  Almost surreal to see them leave the Slim Jim commercials in the RAW episode.

I was attempting to watch various shows last night, and I noticed that if you only move ahead a few minutes then it tends to buffer quicker, than say if you went from the beginning all the way to the end.  It's a pain to do it more than once, but it did help on some of the shows.

On-demand not working directly resulted in me seeing Sami Zayn-Cesaro, so there's a silver lining. Side note, it's pretty unbelievable seeing El Generico pushed by WWE, even if it is just developmental. Amazing what ditching the mask and having a gimmick that allows him to show his charisma has accomplished.

While the on-demand issue is frustrating for the time being, I'm glad WWE has over a month to iron out the kinks. Would be *much* more frustrating to not get the live Mania stream.

Finally got around to watching the Wrestlemania Rewind episode. One question, who is doing the voice over for it? My brain keeps saying Pat Summerall, but I'm not sure. It could be him, though if I remember correctly he died last year.

I remember hearing Gary Thorne in one of the promos for the show as well. I'm half expecting to hear him yell about Wayne Gretzky.

I haven't been able to get anything in VOD to load for the last two hours. It's odd that it worked fairly well yesterday and not now.

Same here. From about a half hour after Raw ended til about 2 a.m. (when I called it a night) I had no trouble with vod on the PS3 - at least no trouble once I figured out I had to let the show load for about 30-40 seconds after pressing play.

Today? PS3 has been a total non-starter. I have yet to find a single show, last week's NXT, any ppv, that has played all the way through.

I very clearly noticed more dots popping up as I give up on a one show and then come back to it a half hour later so it seems like they're actively coding all this time. Whatever they're doing has fucked up the basic VOD playback unfortunately.

It appears the way to make the entire VOD library appear on the Roku is to go to the WWE Network webpage, click on My Account in the upper right, and then turn on the parental controls, then turn them right back off.

My apologies if this has already been covered.

I forgot how awesome Liberace was at WM1.  Isn't there some fantastic footage of McMahon and Patterson in the ring before the show working out the "choreography" for that? 

I think I saw that somewhere and it was the most endearing thing I've ever seen Vince do.