DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

I was thinking its just a matter of where people are getting directed to, so I did a traceroute.

It can't be that the site's in Germany...

Its possible being on my work network is screwing up the routing, but yeah, multiple DNS lookups Geo IP and Traceroute point to the site in Germany.

Watching Halloween Havoc 90. Hell of an opening bout between Midnights/Ricky Morton-Tommy Rich. I miss the days where wrestling companies would have tag team matches on PPV for no other reason than to just see two good teams beat the shit out of each other.

Have been watching The Network (WWEN?) on my PS4 most of the day and it has been fine for the most part. Worst hiccups have been the '77 MSG show having some buffering issues midcard, and the first NXT episode refusing to play.

Forcing my 4yr old son to watch Starrcade '83 while he takes a nap makes me smile.

Microsoft statement -

Are you having trouble using your WWE app on your Xbox 360 console? We’ve got you covered, Xbox members! Thanks for being patient while we work toward a fix. We’ll provide an update for you as soon as possible.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones as I've had no trouble whatsoever (aside from not playing on my XBox but I know that'll get fixed.)  Watched through the first two In Your Houses's and '95 World War 3 yesterday with only a couple short buffering periods.  The live stream has been perfect every time I've checked in on it.

Was watching mine earlier, but when I went back to it a few minutes ago to watch the Live Stream on my PC, all I'm getting is "Media Error:  Video Not Available".  Is anyone else having trouble?

EDIT:  Back up and running.  Pretty sure all my free time is gone thanks to this thing!

Edited by jayhawk_in_cny

My droid was streaming just fine last night AND playing VOD with no issues, oddly enough. Since I got home last night, the WWE app has been the best player for the network for me in terms of consistency, followed by my Roku XD, PS4, and my laptop in that order. My laptop was doing fine with VOD yesterday until it suddenly stopped playing anything on the Network at all. 

From the Network Facebook Page -- https://www.facebook.com/WWENetwork/posts/605089936252217

We are currently experiencing technical issues with WWE Network’s video-on-demand library affecting 20% of viewers. Working with MLBAM, we expect to have this issue fully resolved by 6 p.m. tonight.

20% that has to be a damage control number right? I refuse to believe 80% of the sign-ups are having no issues streaming the VOD stuff.

I fired up the Network today on the PS4 after doing some Twitch stuff and thought hmm...I wonder if they allow Twitch streaming on this service. They don't, but you can upload clips of stuff online and edit them. Loving the NWA on the livestream now - David Crockett doing a "don't try this at home" bit actually works pretty well without seeming like corporate talk.

Network cost = paid for

cff2ae310531697.jpg

• Like 1

I have had issues trying to watch The Wrestling Classic all morning on my roku and PS3. Gave up and went to live stream for now. The launch issues have been irritating true but it is still early and the value is still there for having all that content at that price.

In 24 hours my live stream has been virtually issue free which soothes my mania worries. Doesn't change the card though