DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

They also blurred out Kat's striptease from Armageddon 1999. 

That may have been a good thing.  What jerry saw in her I am not sure

well, it's not like there was a deep draft field in that class of Memphsonians, or whatever people from Memphis are called.

I'd imagine the same blurring would be in effect (or just a cut) if Capital Carnage is hidden on the playlist

This Raw after show it's pretty cool. Definitely feels like a ESPN Sportscenter on location. And as a bonus you get a drunk Ric Flair. Stream is holding up pretty perfect too.

The coolest part (though morbid) so far was them showing Cena talking to the trainers right after his injury.

Though it didn't sound good for Cena. "I heard a pop."

One weird effect of the Preshow and then going right to the beginning of the real show makes the regular RAW announcers seem so much more big-time.  Like the deck officers on the Enterprise in that one episode that followed the cadets around.

Of course, they eventually start talking and the effect evaporates.

So right after Backstage Pass, I finally got a WCW show to work.  Glory Days, my friend's favorite ppv, which was the first thing that he tried today.  Much to his chagrin, it's the THV version.

The pre and post shows were a lot of fun, but I don't know if I see dedicating myself to it every week.  Sad part of that is that they were better than some of the stuff on the actual show.

-J\/\/

So right after Backstage Pass, I finally got a WCW show to work.  Glory Days, my friend's favorite ppv, which was the first thing that he tried today.  Much to his chagrin, it's the THV version.

The pre and post shows were a lot of fun, but I don't know if I see dedicating myself to it every week.  Sad part of that is that they were better than some of the stuff on the actual show.

-J\/\/

Over/under on how many weeks before the fans back there figure out they can turn around and chant at them?

• Like 1

-J\/\/

If by Glory Days, yo umean GAB 1989, it is complete. The THV version is about 2 hours. 

Finally saw the 1994 Fall Brawl War Games match. Col Parker takes his ass-kicking like a fucking champ. Terry Funk is a crazy bastard slipping through the middle of the two rings. The cowboy shots to the head were really stiff. No blood but such a crazy brawl.

Going to watch the aLive stream for Hardcore TV.

I think there was a run on post-Raw sign-ups that caused server surge. Truly a testament to the selling power of Hulk Hogan, brother! 

I had no trouble from about 6 pm (ET) on and then I tried to cue up some old WCW ppvs after Raw and was getting time out errors and so forth. I just culled up Greed and it seems to be working fine so I guess the hiccups are over (for now).

Speaking of Bash '89, before the two-ring battle royal, there was a text notice stating it would be "presented in the most complete form possible, due to original production technical difficulties."  Looks like a few bad camera shots and one occasion of static filling the screen.

If I recall, one or two of the Nitros on Classics on Demand had similar issues.

I think there was a run on post-Raw sign-ups that caused server surge. Truly a testament to the selling power of Hulk Hogan, brother! 

Everyone's excited for the first day of the WWE Universe!  Wait...lemme start again...and let me repeat...as...as slowly...as...I can...so that...I can feel the right word coming...and think about it before I say it...

Today...is ...the first gay of the...dammmit...I'm the gay who can launch this univers....

Let me say this one more time Gorilla Monsoon...just to be real clear....I just...got off...the phone....with President Bush...in Iraq....

• Like 2

Yeah guys, I stand corrected on Glory Days.  They do start off with the THV version for the battle royal and during that match they play the footage techinical difficulties disclaimer, then when Teddy is doing his in-ring promo, there's a weird vhs style glitch and it seems to be the ppv version from there on out.

-J\/\/