DVDVR Message Board

Community: The Final Season

Ellsworth Toohey

Oh, is the season over?

Not quite yet, still one more episode to go.

I've enjoyed it a lot; more Community is always better than none. But a lot of the stuff this year has felt kinda forced or recycled. What is this, three different "Abed creates havoc by filming another wacky movie" episodes within a two-month timespan? Did none of the writers notice or care that the Grifting episode was a total rip-off of the nearly identical Conspiracy Theories episode from season 2? While it was nice to get another paintball epic, couldn't they have tried to do something a little more different than the previous ones (and did anyone else notice that they completely dropped the plot thread about the mysterious silver-balling assassin, never saying who that guy was?) And seriously, what the fuck was the deal with the giant hand? Like I said before, it's not bad television per se and I'm glad to have it (Frankie and Ellroy are welcome additions to the group), but this is below par by Community's lofty standards.

Just finished the season. Thought the second to last episode was the best. Legit laugh out loud. Overall, I thought it was decent enough but I thought it became over the top with the, "hey, we're a TV show and we're free from NBC! We're gonna do whatever we want."

Didn't they say that the janitor was Silver Balls?

Did they? I know they revealed his people were behind the whole conspiracy; but at the end when we actually saw him fighting, I think his paintballs were some non-silver color.

Just caught the finale. Bizarrely emotional, and it's definitely one of those "only for hardcore fans" deals with the insane number of obscure in-jokes. Actually, one of the better jokes that made me go "whoa, WHAT, rewind!" was when a couple of the cast members said FUCK right the fuck out of nowhere. Somehow, that perfectly gave the implication that "yeah, we could've dropped the f-bombs at any time this season... we just chose to hang onto them until the end". And all the different imaginary pitches were pretty cute. Too bad they couldn't have gotten Troy and Pierce back for one-last-time cameos, but oh well, nothing's perfect.