DVDVR Message Board

Community: The Final Season

Ellsworth Toohey

The last episode was probably my least favorite so far.  I may need to watch it again because I missed a few things.  It felt disjointed.  I'm glad they finally acknowledged that Abed's random love connections throughout the show's history kept disappearing after one or two appearances.  It was weird.

It's hard to see where the comedy is going to come from going forward, if that makes sense. Abed's got the pop culture one-liners, but the females on the show weren't really go-to characters to throw out the big lines. I have a feeling Harmon's going to push narrative going forward, which is tough for a show like that.

I dunno. They've been building up Hickey as a regular, while also integrating Chang and Duncan into the group more...I think it's building toward something of a different group. But I mean...it was always going to be different with the new dynamics. Troy and Pierce being gone plus Jeff being a teacher now forces change. 

Then again, I've really been enjoying this season's mix of comedy and story. To the point that it's kinda starting to shape into my favourite (though it still has a way to go)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Apparently, they're doing an animated GI Joe episode tomorrow.  I loathe this show (my wife loves the show, so I've seen most of the episodes.  Don't recall ever having a genuine laugh), but I'm actually looking forward to this.

Your wife should be posting here instead of you, and she should be giving us anecdotes on the things you mildly enjoyed or vaguely tolerated from each episode.

"Even my husband who hates this show liked when Abed and Annie made passionate love this week" and so on.  DVDVR tradition.

• Like 1

Apparently, they're doing an animated GI Joe episode tomorrow.  I loathe this show (my wife loves the show, so I've seen most of the episodes.  Don't recall ever having a genuine laugh), but I'm actually looking forward to this.

Strong username to post content correlation. I imagine the Cowboy would hate Community with a fiery passion.