DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber

Brian Fowler

HHH need to can on-air the equipment manager that responsible for the maintenance of the Elimination Chamber. The caulking on three of the plexi-shields was so dried out that they just popped right off. OSHA?

help these days,

RAF

I loved the spot where Cesaro did the European Uppercut onto the plexiglass with Seamus behind the covering and it didn't work!

HHH need to can on-air the equipment manager that responsible for the maintenance of the Elimination Chamber. The caulking on three of the plexi-shields was so dried out that they just popped right off. OSHA?

help these days,

RAF

I like how its supposed to be bullet proof yet can pop out with the simplest of ease.

help these days,

RAF

I like how its supposed to be bullet proof yet can pop out with the simplest of ease.

The structural integrity of the glass itself isn't the problem. It may be bulletproof. However, Seamus' Brogue Kick certainly packs the power of a Howitzer so it SHOULD crack the glass. But the issue is with the caulking/welding used to keep the glass in place. That's where there is potential litigation, as far as I'm concerned.

For folks complaining about the ending of last night's match:

1) You seriously think Daniel Bryan winning the belt -- and concluding his epic struggle -- at Elimination Chamber is the way to go?

2) You seriously think Bryan losing cleanly to a RKO is the way to go, too? Because that essentially cuts his legs out and ends the story. They didn't do that and haven't done that. How many clean losses has he taken since SummerSlam? The only one I can think of is against Bray, which only made that dude's career and sets him up as a threat to Bryan once he does win the belt.

Dude's gotta get shmozzed until he gets through all of the obstacles. That's how the story works. Bryan had a distraction from Bray, who saw a chance to manipulate Daniel to do his own bidding by convincing him "The Machine" wouldn't let him win/beating him into submission. That only made Bryan more popular.

• Like 1

help these days,

RAF

The Lexan didn't break. The fastenings did. Hell, that piece of lexan on the outside had Randy Orton face plant it and Cesaro's AA land on it and stil held (that must have been GNARLY for Cesaro mind you

Couple quick things:

- On Friday I was talking about whether they were going to force Shield/Wyatts into the face-in-peril tag structure.  The FIP portion (which was only a small part of the match) was set up really nicely by making Rollins into a face in about 30 seconds with the whole backflip out of the top rope German sequence, then having him get beaten down.

- When Josh Matthews asked the 'expert panel' right before the EC match "So no one thinks Orton's going to retain??" they kind of faked me out there.  I was thinking that question so obviously telegraphed that Orton was going to win, that it actually meant they were going to have him lose.  I clearly cannot choose the wine in front of you...

• Like 1

For folks complaining about the ending of last night's match:

1) You seriously think Daniel Bryan winning the belt -- and concluding his epic struggle -- at Elimination Chamber is the way to go?

2) You seriously think Bryan losing cleanly to a RKO is the way to go, too? Because that essentially cuts his legs out and ends the story. They didn't do that and haven't done that. How many clean losses has he taken since SummerSlam? The only one I can think of is against Bray, which only made that dude's career and sets him up as a threat to Bryan once he does win the belt.

Dude's gotta get shmozzed until he gets through all of the obstacles. That's how the story works. Bryan had a distraction from Bray, who saw a chance to manipulate Daniel to do his own bidding by convincing him "The Machine" wouldn't let him win/beating him into submission. That only made Bryan more popular.

How many fucking more times are you going to post some variation of this in this thread. I think you're on like, four now.

Gregg being overly positive is usually one of the best things about the wrestling threads. He's a ray of sunshine amongst all of us dark clouds.

Everything from the 6 man hype video  to the Wyatts leaving after their victory is pretty much one of the best things I have seen in years. Tops Shield/Rhodes and Daniel Bryan's return to YES! after the cage match against the Uso's.

• Like 1

Ending your go home PPV that "cements" the main event of your biggest PPV of the year with dead silence from a crowd because the match that Creative booked themselves into a corner sticking to is not a good thing.

You're like, the only person left that doesn't think that Batista is walking out of WM Champ and this is going in a good direction.