DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber

Brian Fowler

On the plus side, Shield/Wyatts was worth all of the moneys. Probably not much above a very-good match, but the crowd made it spectacular.

Couldn't disagree more. It was perfectly laid out and the execution was spot on. THEN you had the crowd making it even more of a spectacle. The WWE has had some fantastic six-man tags since the Shield have debuted, but this was their best, no?

There are a couple of things that stuck out to me that I probably won't mind as much on second viewing. The Rollins table bump was lame, as they pretty much just shoved him off one table through another. And Reigns barely got Wyatt up on the Samoan drop spot. It was laid out incredibly well and the crowd was so batshit that I still think it was spectacular. Just maybe not better from an in-ring standpoint than other Shield matches.

I'd say that I have no interest in Bryan vs Kane if it happens, and I'd prefer him to be in that main event title match obviously, but I can't think of many things involving Bryan that I wouldn't be into. And if instead of a Kane series it leads to his inclusion in the main event, well that's OK by me. But you do have to think that, hot as Bryan is, if they don't pull the trigger on him soon it'll be a wasted opportunity.

If WWE were contractually obligated to give Batista a title win at Wrestlemania, do you still want Bryan in the match even if it means he eats the pin, or would you be okay with giving him an opportunity to have a show-stealing match (so maybe not against Kane or HHH) if he was going to be scheduled for a title feud against a heel-turned Batista?

Facebook poll for WWE PPV's returns!

Elimination Chamber opinions:

Thumbs up: 1437

Thumbs down: 5505.

I'm too done with the damn Outlaws to be annoyed that they're still Tag Champs.  The Six Man made up for it.

They say a picture's worth 1,000 words. Here's my 5,000 word essay on #WWEChamber

Bh_Ni_Xh0_IUAAIDTJ_jpg_large.jpg

Damn, they've lost Tara Ried (current day), Darius Rucker, Winona Ryder (rehab years), fat Miz, and Phoebe from the Romanian version of FRIENDS.

They're basically fucked.

The guy in the Tigers hat looked way more like Jose Lima than Darius Rucker to me.

I'd say that I have no interest in Bryan vs Kane if it happens, and I'd prefer him to be in that main event title match obviously, but I can't think of many things involving Bryan that I wouldn't be into. And if instead of a Kane series it leads to his inclusion in the main event, well that's OK by me. But you do have to think that, hot as Bryan is, if they don't pull the trigger on him soon it'll be a wasted opportunity.

If WWE were contractually obligated to give Batista a title win at Wrestlemania, do you still want Bryan in the match even if it means he eats the pin, or would you be okay with giving him an opportunity to have a show-stealing match (so maybe not against Kane or HHH) if he was going to be scheduled for a title feud against a heel-turned Batista?

No one said Batista winning the title from Orton has to be the last match Dave wrestles that night...

Also, for real, they're not doing Kane/Bryan at 'Mania. It's either Bryan in a three-way or he gets Helmsley and wins and then gets the belt a few months down the line, even if it's only for a few months. This really isn't bad booking. It's delayed gratification. They're basically acknowleding on TV he's the biggest babyface in the company. This is like RVD's quest to win the ECW title. However, it's very possible the end result will be similar.

I don't think WWE is going out of business in the next 12 months.

• Like 1

I'm too done with the damn Outlaws to be annoyed that they're still Tag Champs.  The Six Man made up for it.

See that's why I hate Facebook.  That was not a thumbs-down show.

Maybe this'll be the last time the guarantee a returning star a title win at Wrestlemania, since if they aren't fucking around with DB to troll the fans now, they shot themselves in the foot getting someone back that the fans are currently not giving a shit about.

Or are the fans shitting on Batistia because they figure he's the reason Bryan's getting fucked as far as Mania is concerned.

Lost in all the hoopla tonight is WHY THE FUCK are the New Age Outlaws STILL the tag team champions?

I think the consensus is that they are a walking, talking ad for the WWE Network.

Maybe they should just screw the Usos and have the New Age Outlaws lose the titles to the Wyatts and have a crazy Wyatts vs Cena/Bryan tag title match at Wrestlemania.

I was hoping the Shield/Wyatts match would end in a double countout/DQ and that we'd get some type of bunkhouse no-DQ gimmick match at Wrestlemania, but with the interference in the EC match it looks like that was the blowoff after all, with them building to Cena/Bray.  Maybe it's for the best as a rematch would be very difficult to live up to the expectations set there.  It's looking like Raw will feature Reigns confronting Ambrose about what happened to him at the end of the match, leading to a WM match with the question of whose side Rollins will take.  Speaking of Rollins I think he was the MVP of that match for his team.  Harper's tope was a big holy shit moment.

The EC match was better than I thought it would be.  Holy shit at Cesaro's suplex of Cena and Bryan during that AA attempt, shame he had be eliminated in such an undignified fashion.  I'm assuming they're going to build a program between he and Sheamus next and I won't mind seeing them bomb the fuck out of eachother for 10 minutes as they've had great chemistry so far.

It really struck me tonight how good Erick Rowan is now, I always liked the guy but even still, he looked seriously impressive out there. Really dug Ambrose windmilling in, arms flailing too.

Enjoyed Alberto/Batista mainly because Alberto laid it in a bit.

Were there people chanting "fruity pebbles" at Darren Young?

Main event was great.

Maybe this'll be the last time the guarantee a returning star a title win at Wrestlemania, since if they aren't fucking around with DB to troll the fans now, they shot themselves in the foot getting someone back that the fans are currently not giving a shit about.

Or are the fans shitting on Batistia because they figure he's the reason Bryan's getting fucked as far as Mania is concerned.

I don't think it's as smarky as that.

He just comes across like a guy who thinks he's a way bigger deal than he is.  Like, physically, he's less impressive than he acts.  On the mic he's less impressive than his smug looks would indicate.  Everyone senses it, whether they're insider enough to care about booking or not.

See that's why I hate Facebook.  That was not a thumbs-down show.

It wasn't.  It was a good show with only 2/3 bad matches.

But we've watched wrestling long enough to know that a Main Event ending can warp your opinion of a show.  Dead silence is not the way to go off the air, no matter how good the 2 hours and 45 minutes leading up to it were.

Batista vs Bryan could be entertaining. I mean the crowd would give a shit about a Batista match for a change, in fact the heat would be pretty good. Would I prefer a 30 minutes Bryan-Cesaro match? Yeah, but I don't really think that's a possibility at this point. I'm not massively fussed though in all honesty. Whatever he's involved with will end up being, at worst, good. Even if he loses. Again.

Fuck-you booking aside, this show delivered the goods. Even the shitty matches were redeemed by the postmatch Barrett promos. Considering that with the coming of the WWE Network, this is the last PPV I'll ever strea-I mean, um, legally purchase and watch through legitimate channels, I'm glad they went out on a high note.

• Like 1