DVDVR Message Board

NASCAR 2014 Season Omnibus

Rev Ray

Think of all the time saved with "Will Junior win? Will he make the Chase?", because he's already done both. Now everyone can focus on the important NASCAR matters, such as "How many races until SHR teammates punch one another?" and "How many times can Stenhouse and Danica wreck each other before they finally break up?".

The 15 drivers with the most wins after race #26, as long as they are top 30 in the points, make the chase this season. It's highly unlikely there will be more than 15 winners in the first 26 races, so unless he suffers some injury that keeps him out for months, he's in the chase already.

• 4 weeks later...

I was disappointed that after 4 hours of rain, FOX didn't air driver intros, and now I will never know what David Ragan being introduced with the Quad City DJs airing in the background feels like.

I kind of like that someone is using the music from Stroker Ace, but disappointed no East Bound and Down or I Can't Drive 55.  And that Jeff Gordon's not using "Highway Star" after the commercial he did a few years ago.

I could not get a definitive look at the pit road incident that caused Brad Keselowski to go postal on Kurt Busch, so I can't speak on who was more at fault.

But, I could not help but pull for Kurt as he went for the win at Martinsville today. Was hoping for a post-race Keselowski interview, but he hit the road quick.

Kudos to Kurt for not showing his ass nationally during the interview when he could have easily buried Brad.

• 2 months later...

I could not get a definitive look at the pit road incident that caused Brad Keselowski to go postal on Kurt Busch, so I can't speak on who was more at fault.

But, I could not help but pull for Kurt as he went for the win at Martinsville today. Was hoping for a post-race Keselowski interview, but he hit the road quick.

Kudos to Kurt for not showing his ass nationally during the interview when he could have easily buried Brad.

Definitely Keselowski at fault for this one, and, couple that with the unnecesary complaining regarding Kenseth at Richmond, he's not making any friends.

Darrell Waltrip pretty much spilled the beans about Biffle to MWR on the pre-race telecast, unless he's just messing with everybody.  

Opens up a seat at Roush, possibly another, with Edwards rumored to Gibbs (again).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is pretty disturbing.  Sporting News (via twitter) is reporting Ward is dead.  Don't watch the video thinking he just bumped him.  Know ahead of time you are going to see someone run over and killed.

At first people were saying he just ran over the guys foot. I clicked on it expecting to see that and I see a guy get launched. I know Stewart is a scumbag and all, but I really hope what I saw wasn't intentional but it sure looks it.

I have a feeling over the next few days we are going to hear a lot of people saying that Ward created a situation where he was more likely to get hit than not get hit.  And a lot of people saying they could see Stewart speed up and veer toward him.

Some DA has a tough decision in front of him I guess.

Guest The Magnificent 7

What we're going to see is plenty of people (already in this thread) seeing what they want to see. 

I've seen the video and I'm not sure how people are already calling it intentional.  I thought with someone dying we'd be spared the usual sports "hot takes", but no.  We'll probably get Zapruder like breakdowns on ESPN for the next few weeks if it means ratings.

I think people won't want to actually see the video, graphic as it apparently is (I sure as hell don't). So it'll lead to lots of speculation WRT Tony's actions. Personally I 100% refuse to believe this was intentional on his part, especially on a dirt track where the lighting was not great to begin with and the guy he hit was supposedly wearing a black suit.

• Like 1

Uh I watched it... its not graphic in the traditional sense of the word, as in there is no visible blood or anything and its not a great quality video  I agree about it being not at all intentional, you could tell he yanked the wheel at the very last minute to avoid the driver, it was just too late.  It was a pretty dark track, the other driver was wearing black, and needless to say they were all driving really fast still.  Just a really unfortunate accident.

I couldn't care less about auto racing, but fuck NASCAR for letting Stewart race today.

There's nothing in the rules that allow anyone to stop him from honoring the schedule.

BTW, Stewart's team just announced that he's decided to pull out of today's race.  Wise move.