DVDVR Message Board

A TNA Timeline

I would say Austin Aries Second run started off very promising. From the time he debuted to Option C to winning the TNA WHC. Probably the best booked guy in the company at that point since Samoa Joe's 2 year undefeated streak (which had its pitfalls). It's a really hard question to answer as TNA doesn't like to evolve their stars like WWE. Husky Harris became Bray Wyatt. Completely un-over Ceasaro who tried to get over on weak sauce promos and his natural strength became The Real American who got over despite his weak sauce promos and because of his natural strength. The list goes on. It's hard to explain but alot of TNA guys stay at level one as far as character and character development go and never advance beyond that unlike WWE. This is why TNA has run the 'Young Lions' gimmick with guys who are veterans in the business and within TNA so many times and build guys like AJ Styles as 'the future of this business' rather then the present.

• Like 1

I would say Austin Aries Second run started off very promising. From the time he debuted to Option C to winning the TNA WHC. Probably the best booked guy in the company at that point since Samoa Joe's 2 year undefeated streak (which had its pitfalls).

Agreed, Aries' world title win felt like a legit star making moment at the time. Oct 2011 - Oct 2012 is my favorite period/year of TNA

• 3 weeks later...

I am drawing a blank. Who was that guy who had a tramp stamp? One of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen.

Probably Lance Hoyt, although Cassidey Riley had one too.

I am drawing a blank. Who was that guy who had a tramp stamp? One of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen.

Ah yes Lance Hoyt.  That's the guy I was thinking of.  Thanks!

That makes the ring around Batista's belly button look masculine.  He wasn't very interesting to watch either.

Ah yes Lance Hoyt. That's the guy I was thinking of. Thanks!

That makes the ring around Batista's belly button look masculine. He wasn't very interesting to watch either.

The best Hoyt ever got, in my opinion, was playing the Nash to Kid Kash's HBK; their tag team wasn't too shabby.

That is what was being said at the time. However, I wouldn't put it past someone in the TNA office (or one of the wrestlers for that matter) leaking that to the sheets because they were upset he was getting over. Hoyt was doing some pretty impressive stuff for a big man, but for some reason couldn't stay over in the long run.

Did Matt Bentley do the whole hanging out with fans to get cheered before Hoyt?

Seem to remember something stupid like the same group of idiots doing the Bentley bounce

everytime he wrestled.

• Like 2

Watching Hoyt since he started, always liked him and thought he could've and should've been a star once he made it to WWE especially with his size and look. Glad he's doing well in NJPW.

Wasn't Hoyt busting out top rope (possibly even springboard) dropkicks around that time?

Yep, springboard as he was doing Van Terminators.

• 2 weeks later...