DVDVR Message Board

A TNA Timeline

I feel like we could make the timeline of wasted talent and/or missed opportunities.

Samoa Joe

heel Don West/Amazing Red's manager

The X Division

The Women's Division

Monty Brown

CM Punk

Raven-Jarrett

Eric Young

Christopher Daniels

Kazarian

Alex Shelley

Hey remember that time someone put a laugh track to I think a 2007 Impact and it fit perfectly?

I'd like a Botchamania-style YouTube series where an individual star got the focus, and the vid outlined the momentum each person had and the misstep that led to their decline.

You could start big with a *great* one on Monty Brown...

And my favourite terrible TNA moment is when that one girl (cannot remember her name, thus cannot find the video), went up to Kid Kash backstage and talked about how she liked it when he dropped her on her head, then put her hand down the front of his tights and gave him a handjob, but *SWERVE* she was using some sort of lotion that caused his balls to burn and lead to him rolling around on the floor selling testicular pain.  To me, that explains TNA in a nutshell, stupid concept that gets stupider and causes unberable pain.

I would have continued from here. Hot Hands Brooks, submission expert who wins by testicular and vaginal claw. 

Oh man, it's worse than I remembered!  The terrible "Scream" by the interviewer, the fact that Kash seems to have misdirected all his anger at the chair itself, Traci telling him she liked being dropped on her head and be treated rough and how she knows her place is dancing in a cage (To big pops from the mic'ed up audience in the background I might add), Kash's aroused face, Traci's terrible stomps and finally Kash mumbling "You bitch..." to her.  It's a cavalcade of crap.

One of the things about LOL TNA that i find disturbing so far is that it comes off written by someone ultra smarky. 

It is smarky to the nth degree.  Some of the complaints are not really that bad, and when they get all into some dude hacking a forgotten TNA myspace or things about Youtube shows and the guys who make them, and other stuff most people don't give a shit about, it borders on unreadable  But, it's still nice to have a listing of all the crap in one place.  I appreciate the dedication to the detailing of a huge list of crap.

Oh yeah the dedication to that is amazing. Congrats to that guy and the team. The person (people? ) behind that are OBVIOUSLY TNA's biggest fan as they have seen every single god damn weekly PPV, episode of Impact, etc. needed to construct that massive timeline. People joke about "The Death of TNA" book, but truth be told- this wbesite is THE OUTLINE for the book.

It always amazes me how some people say TNA should go 'Attitude', yet forget that TNA almost went out of business when they were doing Attidue shit every week in Nashville. Whenever someone mentioned WWE or TNA going Attitude in the 21st century and how it will draw BIG BUSINESS...I usuaully point them to TNA 2002-2003 and their tune changes.

Oh yeah the dedication to that is amazing. Congrats to that guy and the team. The person (people? ) behind that are OBVIOUSLY TNA's biggest fan as they have seen every single god damn weekly PPV, episode of Impact, etc. needed to construct that massive timeline. People joke about "The Death of TNA" book, but truth be told- this wbesite is THE OUTLINE for the book.

It always amazes me how some people say TNA should go 'Attitude', yet forget that TNA almost went out of business when they were doing Attidue shit every week in Nashville. Whenever someone mentioned WWE or TNA going Attitude in the 21st century and how it will draw BIG BUSINESS...I usuaully point them to TNA 2002-2003 and their tune changes.

The key would be doing Attitude without bring in Attitude era guys. And also not just doing another Montreal screw job, authority figure vs baby face, or invasion/group angle but figuring out what parts of those were good and building something new.

The other day in my head I was trying to make a list of things Jarretts new group shouldn't do and the biggest one was no GM's, Owners, Commisoners. If guys cant come out to the ring and talk about why they want a match give them a damn manger of valet who can.

And my favourite terrible TNA moment is when that one girl (cannot remember her name, thus cannot find the video), went up to Kid Kash backstage and talked about how she liked it when he dropped her on her head, then put her hand down the front of his tights and gave him a handjob, but *SWERVE* she was using some sort of lotion that caused his balls to burn and lead to him rolling around on the floor selling testicular pain. To me, that explains TNA in a nutshell, stupid concept that gets stupider and causes unberable pain.

I would have continued from here. Hot Hands Brooks, submission expert who wins by testicular and vaginal claw.

Oh man, it's worse than I remembered! The terrible "Scream" by the interviewer, the fact that Kash seems to have misdirected all his anger at the chair itself, Traci telling him she liked being dropped on her head and be treated rough and how she knows her place is dancing in a cage (To big pops from the mic'ed up audience in the background I might add), Kash's aroused face, Traci's terrible stomps and finally Kash mumbling "You bitch..." to her. It's a cavalcade of crap.

And yet... I'm alittle turned on.

Monty Brown. Facing Jarrett for the title and everyone in the Impact Zone and everyone who actually paid money for the show want him to win so bad so of course Jarrett wins with a guitar shot and they run Jarrett/Nash on the next PPV.

Monty Brown: TNA's Daniel Bryan.

• Like 1

The key would be doing Attitude without bring in Attitude era guys. And also not just doing another Montreal screw job, authority figure vs baby face, or invasion/group angle but figuring out what parts of those were good and building something new.

The other day in my head I was trying to make a list of things Jarretts new group shouldn't do and the biggest one was no GM's, Owners, Commisoners. If guys cant come out to the ring and talk about why they want a match give them a damn manger of valet who can.

Even if TNA didn't bring in ECW, WCW, and WWE guys and just had people like Harris, Styles, Storm, Roode, Sabin, Kazarian, Bentley, Low Ki, Brown, Abyss, Traci Brooks, Daniels, Young, Desire, Athena, etc...the content was still something you would have seen out of 1997 ECW and 1998-2000 WWE. AJ Styles busting into locker room with a chainsaw, Lollipop getting her top ripped off and exposing herself, the Traci/Kash clip, midget wrestling, The Rainbow Express, The Johnsons, Puppet pulling a gun on JJ,THE SHOOT PROMOS~! I honestly don't believe Attitude can work today. Attitude worked in a bubble. If a woman in WWE/TNA/ROH comes to the ring  and says she is going to take it all off tonight...99% of the audience is going to call bullshit . This is because the audience is educated on TV ratings and the current company landscape. When WWE was going through that drastic change epople honestly thought ANYTHING could happen because WWE was presenting a TOTALLY different product than they had the previous 30 plus years.

Attitude was WWE's version of being cool. The next evolution of pro wrestling will happen when someone is able to channel what is cool today and how society feels and reacts to things. Back then it was screw The Man. Now its screw The Gov. WWE had MONEY on their hands with The Walkout..and fucked it all up (2011 [or was it 2012] was full of huge blown angles by WWE). That was like Occupy Wallstreet. The Nexus angle was like The NWO but with younger guys who were literally sick and tired of jumping through hoops to try and make it big and wanted to prove that when given a chance...anything can happen...even if you have to DIY when it comes to being given that chance.

TNA doesn't know what year it is. TNA thinks its 99 and if they had just one more shot on Monday Nights that everything will work out for them.TNA never understood the WHY behind anything and if they did they would understand that doing Attitude in the 21st century was doomed to fail. As for JJ's promotion. JJ has shown that he is stuck in the past as well. I agree with you, JJ will EASILY separate his promotion from TNA and WWE by simply doing a few things (and these things will cost NO MONEY):

1. No company takeover angles.

2. No company power struggle angles.

3. No on-air authority figures (having someone pop up 4 times a year is fine [ but only for big announcements] anything else is overkill).

4. Do NOT under ANY circumstance EVER start the show with a promo.

5. Do not try to control the crowd. If the audience is taking a dump on the presentation...CHANGE THE PRESENTATION. Don't turn down the crowd nosie when everyone is booing Garrett Bischoff and keep pushing him...get the guy off TV ASAP or reduce his role and turn him heel.

6. No angles AT ANY TIME involving the refs, announcers, ring announcer, time keeper, etc.

Six small things that will separate JJ's promotion from TNA and WWE. None of these things will cost the promotion ANY MONEY.

I will continue reading this LOLTNA wiki tonight seeing as a certain Network's stream is completely fucked...but that's another story for another thread. :)

• Like 1

I feel like we could make the timeline of wasted talent and/or missed opportunities.

I'd like a Botchamania-style YouTube series where an individual star got the focus, and the vid outlined the momentum each person had and the misstep that led to their decline.

You could start big with a *great* one on Monty Brown...

I think most of their roster gets one though, who is their big success story that they booked right?

Monty Brown.  Facing Jarrett for the title and everyone in the Impact Zone and everyone who actually paid money for the show want him to win so bad so of course Jarrett wins with a guitar shot and they run Jarrett/Nash on the next PPV.

That sounds so familiar...

• Like 1

I would say Austin Aries Second run started off very promising. From the time he debuted to Option C to winning the TNA WHC. Probably the best booked guy in the company at that point since Samoa Joe's 2 year undefeated streak (which had its pitfalls). It's a really hard question to answer as TNA doesn't like to evolve their stars like WWE. Husky Harris became Bray Wyatt. Completely un-over Ceasaro who tried to get over on weak sauce promos and his natural strength became The Real American who got over despite his weak sauce promos and because of his natural strength. The list goes on. It's hard to explain but alot of TNA guys stay at level one as far as character and character development go and never advance beyond that unlike WWE. This is why TNA has run the 'Young Lions' gimmick with guys who are veterans in the business and within TNA so many times and build guys like AJ Styles as 'the future of this business' rather then the present.

• Like 1

I would say Austin Aries Second run started off very promising. From the time he debuted to Option C to winning the TNA WHC. Probably the best booked guy in the company at that point since Samoa Joe's 2 year undefeated streak (which had its pitfalls).

Agreed, Aries' world title win felt like a legit star making moment at the time. Oct 2011 - Oct 2012 is my favorite period/year of TNA