DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

I am fairly certain I will give a shit about Destiny 2 by the time it is released.  It will be good to hook up with my DVDVR Guardian homeboys again and rid the skies of the Hive menace.

Just don't be angry at me when I inevitably shrink away from raid invites in favor of Dead Ghost hunting.

I'll get into Destiny 2 depending on how improved it is over Destiny. I say that knowing that being an early adopter means dealing with a bunch of bugs and other shit. Still though, if it's an improvement over what Destiny was and is, I'll be in for more.

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

I'll get into Destiny 2 depending on how improved it is over Destiny. I say that knowing that being an early adopter means dealing with a bunch of bugs and other shit. Still though, if it's an improvement over what Destiny was and is, I'll be in for more.

I will be sure to get into the Beta first before buying the game in order to kick the tires.

That will be interesting as well. I can't even remember for sure, but I thought that the only beta run last time was a multiplayer beta and that pretty much confirmed that, yes, it played a lot like Halo.

11 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I will be sure to get into the Beta first before buying the game in order to kick the tires.

We are all going to buy it don't try and claim you aren't because you aren't going to miss gaming with the crew

Yeah, I will get roped in and OCD will compel me to chronicle the history of The Hive while everyone else moves on to the next shiny thing in 2020.  Fuck that.

Also not forward to looking to hearing "Okay, we're halfway done with this raid, guys!" at three in the morning on a week night.

I've missed hanging out with the crew, but I haven't missed sleep deprivation.

I'm thinking i might just stick with one character for Destiny 2. I don't want to put as many hours in to it like i did Destiny. For the first year i pretty much didn't play anything else, that shit ain't healthy!

The final update for Destiny is out now. Aside from the usual fixes it contains the Raid Playlist: A different raid, with new challenge modes each week at 390 light. This week is Crota's End. We plan on trying to 2 man it like the days of old, i don't see it going well.... As well as bringing back the old raids at 390 there's a special Nightfall every 4 weeks with the 'Daybreak' modifier. It's basically the Mayhem modifier from the Crucible so your super is constantly charging at a fast rate. Could be some fun to have there.

I'll be dusting off the disc at least for tonight.

I finally got Flawless Raider and Platinumed the game.

We did it on Crota's End, and scarily enough, the only part we had to cheese was the abyss.  5 of us just stayed up top at the beginning and let the invis Hunter run it alone.  Everything else we did 100% the way you're "supposed" to do it.  Took like 20 minutes, tops.

• Like 3

I never managed to get Flawless Raider because for some reason, most of the raiding parties I was on had strategies that required the party to wipe during certain stages of the run.

So yeah, Crota ain't getting two manned anymore! We two manned the Abyss but the new mechanics at the bridge make it un-cheeseable with the old strategy. We formed up a group of 6 and beat the raid blind of the new mechanics. Took about 2 hours in the end. I really thought we'd just waltz through it as a duo and knock it out in half an hour. I wont spoil it for anyone looking to do a blind run but they've come up with a counter to everything that was pretty much considered a cheese in that raid. It's basically a mixture of normal and hard mode with new mechanics for the Bridge, Ir-Yut and Crota.

Ended up with the class item, arms, chest and helm all at 400 light. No weapons. One guy got a Fang of Ir-Yut (minus the burn) and someone got a Hunger from the Bridge i think so they've changed up the gear drop locations a bit it seems.

The new record book is huge and some of it is completed automatically off of past gameplay. I didn't look at it all but it looks like a hell of a grind.

There's not really any new content, just updated old content for nostalgia purposes. I don't see it bringing me back to Destiny once I've completed the updated version of Vault of Glass when it's released since it was my favourite raid. But for a free update as a 'good bye' to the first Destiny game it's pretty good.

“There will be a ton of loot”

Destiny 2 Pre-Orders Now Available; Gets Details, Special Editions, Box Art, Season Pass and More

A Digital Deluxe Edition will also be available for PS4, Xbox One and PC:

Prices are $59,99 for the Standard Edition, $99.99 for the Limited Edition (which is exclusive to GameStop in North America), $249.99 for the Collector’s Edition. The Digital Deluxe Edition costs $100.

Alongside pre-orders, we also get quite a few details on the game itself.

• From the makers of the acclaimed hit game Destiny, comes the much-anticipated sequel.
  • An action shooter that takes you on an epic journey across the solar system.
  • Humanity’s last safe city has fallen to an overwhelming invasion force, led by Ghaul, the imposing commander of the brutal Red Legion.
  • To defeat the Red Legion and confront Ghaul, you must reunite humanity’s scattered heroes, stand together, and fight back to reclaim our home.

Below you can also read the content of each edition:

Collector’s Edition:

• Destiny 2 Base Game
  • Destiny 2 Expansion Pass: Get access to both Expansion I and Expansion II, offering brand new story missions, cooperative activities, competitive multiplayer, and a wealth of new weapons, armor, and gear.
  • Destiny 2 – Frontier Bag
    • Customizable bag that can be worn as a backpack or messenger bag
    • 15” Laptop/Tablet Sleeve with protective pocket slip
  • Frontier Kit, featuring:
    • Solar panel USB charger with built-in light
    • Paracord
    • Solar blanket
  • Limited Edition SteelBook® Case
    • Booklet with secrets into the Cabal Empire
    • Cabal Schematic
    • Collectible Postcard Images
    • Cabal Military Pawns
  • Premium digital content:
    • Legendary Sword
    • Legendary Player Emote
    • Cabal Empire Themed Emblem

Limited Edition:

• Destiny 2 Base Game
  • Destiny 2 Expansion Pass: Get access to both Expansion I and Expansion II, offering brand new story missions, cooperative activities, competitive multiplayer, and a wealth of new weapons, armor, and gear.
  • Limited Edition SteelBook® Case
  • Cabal-themed Collector’s Box, containing:
    • Booklet with secrets into the Cabal Empire
    • Cabal Schematic
    • Collectible Postcard Images
    • Cabal Military Pawns
  • Premium digital content:
    • Legendary Sword
    • Legendary Player Emote

Digital Deluxe Edition:

• Destiny 2 Base Game
  • Premium Digital Content:
    • Legendary Sword
    • Legendary Player Emote

The expansion pass is also described as follows, granting info on what post-launch content we can expect.

“Get access to both Expansion I and Expansion II, offering brand new story missions, cooperative activities, competitive multiplayer, and a wealth of new weapons, armor, and gear.”

The expansion pass costs $39.99, and if you want to purchase it bundled with the game, it costs $89.99.

Is the pound really that weak now we're leaving the EU or are we just getting fleeced by Bungie again? 

In the UK for digital it's £54.99 for the base game, £79.99 for the base game and season pass, £89.99 for the deluxe edition.

For physical the only place i can see a pre-order for at the moment is game.co.uk and it's £54.99 for the base game, £89.99 for the Limited Edition or £219.99 (!?) for the Collectors Edition

So we two manned the bridge. What seemed impossible two days ago is very achievable. It takes longer to do than the entire Crota's End used to take, took us about 20 mins on the bridge alone but it is doable. Haven't tried two manning the Deathsinger yet since it was getting late but there aren't a lot of changes in that encounter compared to the original one. Two manning Crota might be a bit much though thanks to the new mechanics but i'm game to try.

19 hours ago, EVA said:

I think you could 2-man Crota with 2 gunslingers because Nighthawk one-shots the Oversoul.  But then you don't have any of the invis abilities to help swordbearer.

Yeah 2 Hunters or a Hunter and a Titan are probably the best combos for 2 manning Crota himself either for the golden gun damage, the tether or a weapons bubble. I've never tried it since the tether wasn't an option back when Crota was first relevant but i imagine the damage buff would affect the sword slams and make killing him before Ogres much easier. The problem is the only way to two man (or solo) the bridge is with a sunsinger Warlock since it requires self res to get around building the bridge.

I am more interested in vision of confluence/fatebringer(adept) to be honest JT.  

I ran sword on Crota to kill him all 3 times and got all the raid weapons  (the primary adept versions with elemental burns) last week as well as a bunch of the raid armor.  I missed the 2 minute deathsinger challenge by 3 seconds for the record book, oh well.

Vault of Glass is the challenge mode this week.   That sexy sexy VoG. Mmmmmmmhmmmm.

Real talk, Crota was a sidepiece for a bit.  I had a summer fling with Skolas. Things started to get serious with Oryx, but it didn't last.  Aksis was fun, but didn't have any staying power either. Atheon was always my main squeeze.  It has always been the best raid, in my opinion.  I always got the most satisfaction out of spanking that robot ass.

I know everyone is up to there nuts in mass effect andromeda right now, but in case you need a break and want to listen to six people try to entertain each other with all manner of dick and fart jokes,  by all means, tune in.

It will be off the rails before we get through oracles, I'm sure.

Okay that explains a lot.  I tried to tune in and check out your Twitch feed while I was getting ready for work tonight, but Twitch told me to go fuck myself.