DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

My friend and I were playing this together last night and we both had a lot of fun.  I was a Warlock and he was a Hunter.  Love the random loot system.  We would both open the same chest and while I got only money he would get money, a new gun and new head armor.  Other times I would happen upon a new weapon and he got nothing.  We were in 2 random world events.  The first was impossible at our level and only having the two of us trying to kill a sort of Attack of the Clones type AT-AT and the second was us defending a satellite for a time while being attacked by waves of enemies.  That one we beat pretty easily. 

We may only play a days worth of the Beta if our characters don't carry over so we don't burn ourselves out before the actual release date.

I am not good at PvP.

I have played against you in GTA Online deathmatches, so this does not surprise me. :)

We all rule in co-op ME3, so I expect the same level of excellence from TLJ when we raid shit in Destiny.

I am hesitant to share in Fresh's enthusiasm.  He got us hooked on GTA Online and then bailed..  Even Rippa's slow level grinding butt is close to getting the minigun.  I don't want us to be close to getting a starship and then Fresh goes, "OH, LOOK~!  SUPER SMASH BROTHERS~!" and checks out for five months. :lol:

I am not good at PvP.

I have played against you in GTA Online deathmatches, so this does not surprise me. :)

We all rule in co-op ME3, so I expect the same level of excellence from TLJ when we raid shit in Destiny.

I am hesitant to share in Fresh's enthusiasm.  He got us hooked on GTA Online and then bailed..  Even Rippa's slow level grinding butt is close to getting the minigun.  I don't want us to be close to getting a starship and then Fresh goes, "OH, LOOK~!  SUPER SMASH BROTHERS~!" and checks out for five months. :lol:

Super Smash is out in October, so yeah.... That's pretty likely to happen.

No, the problem with GTA is I don't seem to like the missions you guys do and you guys don't seem to like the ones I do. So it was just never as fun for me as ME3 was. I'll give it another try when/if heists come. Destiny is different though. There's pretty much only co-op or PvP. I'm pretty sure we're all on the same page that co-op is our priority. And even alittle PvP doesn't bother me (I got to be ok once I started using the shotgun more).

PvP in Destiny does not make much sense to me thematically since there are plenty of enemies to fight and the whole point of your adventuring is to defeat the remnants of the invading aliens. 

The focus should definitely be on Co-Op play.

Eh, they say it's a drill or practice of some shit. Fine.

But by it's very nature, it's pretty unbalanced. Because you come into it with the weapons you have picked up in all the other modes. It would be like PvP in Borderlands. Low level players don't have a chance.

But whatever, co-op rules in this game. I mean rules HARD.

J.T., have you decided which console to go with?

I was going to go with the Kinect-Free XBone on principle until it dawned on me that the loft in the new crib I'm getting with my Girlfriend is going to be pretty awesome, so I am leaning towards Xbone with Kinnect.

Not going to happen anytime soon though with the loan agreement still being evaluated.

In time for Destiny, you think?

I have both consoles (humblebrag), so which version of that game I buy depends a lot on Team Leeroy Jenkins. I have heard that the PS4 version is gonna have the most content, so I'm leaning towards that. But I wanna hear specifics on that before I decide.

Hopefully in time for Destiny.  The tax refund was going to pay for the new XBone but personal property taxes and the down payment on the townhouse, but I think I can stand being late to the Destiny party if it coincides with the construction of the new crib being nearly complete.

In time for Destiny, you think?

I have both consoles (humblebrag), so which version of that game I buy depends a lot on Team Leeroy Jenkins. I have heard that the PS4 version is gonna have the most content, so I'm leaning towards that. But I wanna hear specifics on that before I decide.

Given Bungie's recent history with Microsoft and the Halo bullshit, it is not surprising they'd save the better bits of Destiny for PS4.  Even so, I don't think that Bungie wants to be the company to alienate their XBox Halo faithful just to put their thumb in Microsoft's eye. 

XBone's will get support and new content, but probably not at the rate that PS4 will.  Microsoft will throw enough money at Bungie's way that they won't be able to ignore it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bungie for some reason has not sent me my beta codes yet. I did the thing on their website this weekend too.

They don't e-mail them this time. You gotta go to Bungie.net, go to your profile, and click "Codes". But PSN is still down, so you can't redeem them now anyway.