DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

I ended on 5-6 runs through atheon yesterday, the only weapons I didn't get were praedyths revenge, legendary fatebringer, corrective measure mg, and the mythoclast. Final run of the night last night, and damien's 1st 390 atheon kill,  the mythoclast of course drops for him.  He had never gotten one.

I got the titan helmet, Hunter boots, 2 praetorian foil (1st time i got one of those) 2 legendary and 2 adept praedyths timepiece, 2 legendary vision of confluence and 1 adept version, adept fatebringer and 2 atheon's epilogue adept, found verdict, and the hezen vengeance.

The weapon I am most pleased with is the praetorian foil fusion rifle....that thing is an absolute beast.  It has solar damage, it 1 shots the detainment fields, 2 shots the oracles and minotaurs (who have void shields)

I must be the luckiest dude in the galaxy, because I got the Vex in my first VoG completion in Y1 *and* Y3. 

And between my Hunter and Titan, I got the adept versions of Fatebringer, Vision, and Epilogue.  I have NEVER gotten Praedyth's Timepiece, though.

• Like 1

So we tried to two man some stuff like old times. The Vault is not easy anymore. We managed to get to the final wave of Confux a couple of times but couldn't crack it. Gave Croat's End a shot and made it all the way to Crota without a wipe but we couldn't bring him down. Got him down to half health but there's a lot to manage in there. Seems doable with some practice though. Our best attempt  saw us die to the enrage timer rather than any actual enemy.

• Like 1

I feel like everything in VoG has been sped up.  Beforehand they mentioned that they had sped up the oracle timers, but I think they sped up the Vex, too.  They seem to get out of their spawns much quicker than they used to during the conflux/oracles section, and supplicants move at warp speed across the board.  In my experience, those fuckers are FAR more likely to cause a wipe during Atheon than the oracles.  Which is pretty much opposite of how it used to be, even with the new challenge mode.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, misanthrope304 said:

The weapon I am most pleased with is the praetorian foil fusion rifle....that thing is an absolute beast.  It has solar damage, it 1 shots the detainment fields, 2 shots the oracles and minotaurs (who have void shields)

That gun used to be one of the rarest weapons during Year 1. I don't know why, for some reason the VoG and Crota fusion rifles just wouldn't drop for people. 

How did you find the Atheon challenge mode? I've not tried it yet but it sounds like a lot of coordination if you're playing with randoms.

7 hours ago, EVA said:

I feel like everything in VoG has been sped up.  Beforehand they mentioned that they had sped up the oracle timers, but I think they sped up the Vex, too.  They seem to get out of their spawns much quicker than they used to during the conflux/oracles section, and supplicants move at warp speed across the board.  In my experience, those fuckers are FAR more likely to cause a wipe during Atheon than the oracles.  Which is pretty much opposite of how it used to be, even with the new challenge mode.

There's definitely something to it. It just feels like you are totally swarmed during the second and third conflux stages. We used to be able to lock down the middle with one of us each on left and right and just gjallarhorning the enemies in the centre. Now they just seem to keep coming and we couldn't keep on top of it.

I don't know, maybe it's because this Vault is only on the PS4/Xbox One? Now they are not held back by the last generation maybe they've increased the speed by having more enemies on screen at once? So you still have the same amount to kill but the encounter faster by more spawning at once? Just guessing though. We might have just got overwhelmed since they take more of a beating at 390.

Atheon was easier than templar... until I did the relic holder goes left, everbody else right strat.

I never got the foil in y1, but I did have a few 'light of the abyss.'  Those were way more common than the foil, which it was easier to find a leprechaun riding a unicorn than someone with a praetorian  foil. I might have seen 1 drop that I remember out of all the VoG runs i made.

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 11:03 AM, misanthrope304 said:

I have another mythoclast now, fwiw

You are on my friend's list, man.  I have aaaaalllllll of the screens you posted. :)

Shit, I messed up trying to get a screenshot and hit a double screen grab just so I could send one to you lol.

It doesn't work as well anymore after they nerfed it into the ground.  Vision of Confluence is the best gun I have again.

I've been playing some Iron Banner the last couple days.  It was my first real foray into PvP since the 1st iron banner of year 3.  I still had not reached rank 5 in year 3...until today.  I got both my hunter and titan to maximum rank with Lady Efrideet.

This is a video of clips from my hunter.  The titan video should be up shortly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Mis playing as a Titan Defender is weird

He ran Defender on a couple of our VoG debacles.  You're just not used to see him running a Titan in the Crucible.

• Like 1

I distinctly remember Mis laughing at me during a fight with the Templar when one of my G-Horn rockets blew up in my face and killed me after striking the top of his stupid Saint-13 helmet.

I recall being very very very angry... mostly at myself for being dumb.

41 minutes ago, J.T. said:

You just had to go an spoil that poor Sunbreaker's victory lap.

Fuck that guy.  My panic grenade hit the roof then stuck and I followed that up with a panic "jump straight in the air."  If he is going to fall for that, he deserves to get punched in the neck a few times.

44 minutes ago, J.T. said:

And way to be a team player and be the spotter for your sniper.

I was killing more and killing faster with the Vision than that sorry sum bitch was.  He was worthless other than being a distraction/bullet magnet.

41 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Mis playing as a Titan Defender is weird

I was having fun being a dick blinding people then punching the entire team to death  (see  B flag on twilight gap).  To be fair, I didn't create a titan until skolas was a thing.  

5 minutes ago, misanthrope304 said:

I was killing more and killing faster with the Vision than that sorry sum bitch was.  He was worthless other than being a distraction/bullet magnet.

Rippa and I made Crucible careers out of using each other as bait.

I almost miss the days of using AFK players on my Clash team as mallard decoys and sniping the dudes on the other team looing for easy kills.  Bullet to the braincase. 

That's how I got my first Marksmanship medal for scoring two headshots without reloading.  Patience & Time had ZERO recoil.  Such a wonderful, wonderful rifle.

• Like 1

Here Is What It Sounds Like When You Figure Out You're Being Used As Bait By One Of Your Buddies:

• Me:  WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU AIMING THAT SHOTGUN AT~? Oh, thanks Rippa.  Totally did not see him coming.
  • Rippa:  Goddamn it, JT. Are you fucking poaching my kills by aiming over my shoulder at the people that are shooting at me?
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...