DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Got all three characters to rank 5 in the banner yesterday, and still have most of my weekly bounties for the next iron banner.  So many snipers and nirwens mercy... still havent got one that can compete with the "God Roll" of headseeker and glass 1/2 full.

I will be honest, I was having a rough time this IB up until last night when I just started playing for fun.  Maybe saturday night match making, maybe self-imposed pressure trying to hit 5 on all 3 characters, im not quite sure but things just clicked and slimy and I went on a tear kicking the shit out of many with a cameo appearance by damiendeath.  

• Loads of new details about RoI from Game Informer: (sorry for the wonky formatting)

•  

•  

• Max Light 385 (NM) and 400 (HM)

• 8 new class-agnostic artifacts that allow for special buffs to characters

1. Memory of Radeghast: adds a new ability for sword heavy weapons to reflect projectiles, including ogre blasts and crucible rockets.

2. Memory of Perun: adds ability to highlight guardians with full super in yellow, and guardians with low health in red.

3. Memory of Jolder: removes sprint cooldown

4. Memory of Silmar: dramatically reduces any damage dealt by DoT effects (such as Thorn poison).

5. Memory of Felwinter: lose your super, but gain an extra grenade and melee, and boost to all stats.

6. Memory of Gheleon: gain detailed radar at all times, including when aiming a primary (grants precision radar and third eye).

7. Memory of Skorri: speeds super recharge for all nearby allies.

8. Memory of Timur: Melee an enemy for a chance to make them an ally for a short time.

• Adding more cosmetic adjustments for armor AND weapons

• The Iron Lord armor set will come from a Rise of Iron Record Book

• IB reinvented, 4 new maps. No more tempered, less rep needed overall. No more rep bonuses from gear.

• Radiant Treasures: Confirmed Microtransactions for Ornaments. Radiant Treasures seem to be the new version of Sterling Treasure. Obtainable on a weekly basis for completing goals and then also through Eververse. 

• Bungie HINTS AT CUSTOM MATCHES, aka the feature "Our community has been clammoring for."

• New Faction (NM, FWC, DO) armor sets, sparrows, ghost shells.

• Thorn is getting a quest to obtain it, just like Gjallarhorn.

• The Kvostov 7G-0X is a new exotic auto rifle with a fire mode selector. It can basically be a scout, pulse, Suros Regime, or bullet hose. Also acquired from a quest.

• Sepiks prime is back as Sepiks Perfected . And The Summoning Pits will be the Abomination Heist .

• Festival of Light returning in October

• SRL Back in December

• SRL/MoT type book to track progress of ROI

• New Cruicible mode - "Supremacy" - kill enemies to make them drop a crest. Your team only scores if someone (you or a teammate) picks up that crest. Enemy team members can also pick up the crest to deny your score, but they won’t gain any points themselves.

• "Archon's Forge" - basically new Court of Oryx. They have adjusted the summoned encounters to last longer --"around five minutes" and the drops used to summon the various possible difficulties come from Patrol.

• PS Exlusive Map - Finally, this year’s PlayStation exclusive map is Icarus, a solar-collection site on Mercury. The arena is the raised structure at the center of the much larger crater-like array. Its circular shape inevitably funnels into furious conflagrations at the center.

• When Speaking on Exotics, "These Include the long- awaited arrival of Warlock exotic boots (finally!), a new sidearm reminiscent of the classic RoboCop gun, and a SIVA-themed pulse rifle that blossoms out a cloud of seeking energy for a successful precision kill."

• every class item that has ever shown up in Destiny is returning to circulation with the exception of items from previous raids

• Class Items can change color via shader

• All Year Two weapons and armor can be infused to Rise Of Iron stats

• There are quest lines after the main story missions leading up to the new strikes

• Like 1

I like the step towards more quests and rewards from progress over waiting for RNG to take a shit in your lap. The triple RNG was too much in TTK. They improved it in the April update and looks like they are continuing on the same path.

Artefacts actually doing something useful instead of just being there to even out the amount of items needed for max light is good too.

A surprise return from the Thorn! And an artefact to counter it's perks.  I think it's just Icebreaker on the banned exotics list now. I hope the new Thorn isn't as worthless as they've made the year 1 Thorn now.

The Iron Banner overhaul was expected I guess since this is an Iron Lords themed expansion. It seems you get a guaranteed reward from completing each bounty too. I'm guessing the removal of the rep boost is to get people to play more. No longer can I just sit on all 8 bounties, play 3 games on my alts on day 6 or 7, cash in and hit rank 5. It's like they expect me to actually play the game now!

Still no word on how many paths there are to max light. The April update really nailed that with gear dropped from soloable activities (Iron Banner, Strike specifics), 2-3 man content (CoE) and the Raid. Hopefully there's multiple ways this time too.

I think they'll follow the same pattern they've been on the last two years, where the first half of the year, the HM raid is the only way to reach max light, and then a later expansion/update will let everyone who isn't a hardcore raider catch up before the next major content drop.  Of course, if Destiny 2 drops in the spring instead of the fall, it might be different.

I'm interested in the changes to IB, but at the same time, that seems to also ruin my plans of stockpiling every daily and weekly bounty from the August edition and using them to max out the first post-RoI edition with almost zero effort.  Oh well.

On 8/3/2016 at 3:59 PM, EVA said:

I'm interested in the changes to IB, but at the same time, that seems to also ruin my plans of stockpiling every daily and weekly bounty from the August edition and using them to max out the first post-RoI edition with almost zero effort.  Oh well.

I've done the same thing. I haven't played an Iron Banner proper for 2 or 3 months. Just picked up some bounties, played the weekly game to get the treasure chest and completed them as I've gone. Got 5 or 6 dailies and some weeklies done across all 3 characters. There's still rep needed though so it shouldn't be all for nothing.

Played a BUNCH of trials over the weekend...I guess because I like getting my dick kicked in repeatedly.  

As usual, ealry in the morning I tend to do better on the pvp side....went 7-0 yesterday with slimy and a random from lfg before getting the fuck beat out of us by some try hard sweaty kids...I guess those fuckers wake up by noon and were like "oh, you thought about going to mercury? Well, we will see about that" and proceeded to beat us like Ubereem did brock that time.  We left with a sore ass, panties in one hand, smeared mascara, and not enough cab fair to get back to the tower.

And today was worse....but I got a doctrine of passing with a pretty good roll on it.

I took a couple weeks off from this because life, but I played some this weekend and finally hit 300 light. I have tried to find the time to finally attempt to put together my first King's Fall run on LFG, but life and just general BS keeps getting in my way. I am thinking that tonight will finally be that night.

I also need to finish my quest log, and I have a feeling a lot of the stuff is going to require a solo run. Is the Taken Champions stuff really that difficult solo?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EVA said:

Not really, but every planet usually has one that's an absolute bitch (usually because of a bunch of sniper adds) and is in a low-traffic area, like the Rocketyard on Earth.

Oh fuck that son of a bitch.

Having played with the doctrine of passing in regular crucible now, I must say...its a little OP.

Ended up getting the grimoire card for clash wins finally.

Also, I am getting better at sniping. Not much, but I played most of the day today with a sniper.  After slimy and I finished all of our weekly crucible bounties on each character he took a powder but I stuck around to play a couple more games of clash but cause I had a daily bounty that I didnt have room for.  The ended up getting into a room with FadelessI Rule whom some of you may remember.  I deleted him a few months back because he wouldnt accept party or game invites anymore, apparently he got real pissy when everyone quit playing destiny around the time of fallout 4.  Anyway, first game I played against him I was redbar the whole way through and I was running the universal remote/sniper/bubble trifecta because I cant seem to figure out how people play with it and I wanted some practice.   He kicked the got me a couple times, once with a fist of havoc, and a shoulder charge when there was no red on my radar whatsoever...kinda like an rko outta nowhere.  Second game we were on the same team, I got error code beetle as soon as heavy dropped so I lost all my ammo.  Third game was on blind watch.  I got error code beetle again, and he got me with a fist of havoc, but this time I had switched over to striker myself and quit fucking with the uni remote.  It was time for the doctrine. I will put it this way, I ended with a 5.0 kd, my team won and he backed out. I fucked him and his buddy up with the 1000 yard stare...and not even the one I use for crucible, it was the one I use for raids.

also got another 2 kills with 1 bullet today on bannerfall.

They actually slightly nerfed Doctrine in the last weapon rebalancing, so just imagine how badass it used to be.

My buddy, who isn't very good at pvp at all, turned into a wrecking machine after he got one.

I tried doing it last night, and I couldn't get Taken to spawn correctly. I think I made the mistake of going into the Rocketyard and never really seeing a bad guy with a yellow health bar. I may try the feeble attempt of Reddit/LFG for a fireteam to accomplish it.

40 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I tried doing it last night, and I couldn't get Taken to spawn correctly. I think I made the mistake of going into the Rocketyard and never really seeing a bad guy with a yellow health bar. I may try the feeble attempt of Reddit/LFG for a fireteam to accomplish it.

It's a bitch tracking down the yellow bar Taken in the Rocketyard. Took me several attempts to find them all to get the big guy to spawn. It doesn't help that it's rare to be in there with other players.

The Rocketyard is a bit buggy, especially trying to spawn in with other people, hence why so many have problems with the Taken in there. It's something to do with passing between The Devide and the Rocketyard too fast. It spawns you in your own instance instead of with other people. To increase the chance of loading into the Rocketyard with other players walk slowly between the too. It gives it more time to load and you've got more chance of having some back up.

Same thing works for the Court of Oryx.

With the new Archon's Forge looking like it will replace it, they will probably let you cash them in for Eris rep like they did with the old House of Wolves items and Variks. Another thought, with each new expansion they remove the lasts public events. So aside from ones you get from King's Fall chests you wont be able to pick any more up either. That place is going to be deserted soon.

I was watching some of the clips Mis made and it really drove home how long it's been since I played the game as I spent far too long remembering where some of the places were

Basically the entire game on one disc - it really is for those who have never ever played Destiny before.

Looks like there is no discount for those who go from 360/PS3 to XB1/PS4 (like there was when Taken King came out)

• Like 1