DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

11 hours ago, misanthrope304 said:

I did watch a warlock tank a tripmine grenade, which was disconcerting.

Yeah, fuck this game.  No one should be zerging through TGs.  Light level should matter in the IB but not THAT much.

32 minutes ago, misanthrope304 said:

Wasnt light level, im 335 on everything now...tripmine nerf was what happened.  Im not sure why I was sticking people with fusion grenades and they werent dying

Anyone stuck with nades should die. Period..

This shit is fucking crazy.  The devs continue to deliberately dismantle the Crucible brick by brick by making it so that zerg combat with weapons and supers is the only way to win.

I feel like Weapons of Light is severely underrated in the Y2 Crucible meta.

High-impact sniper rifles can OHK to the body with WoL on.  And fucking EVERYBODY runs a sniper in Crucible these days.  You drop a WoL bubble, and your team is suddenly just playing whack-a-mole out there.  I was just screwing around with it earlier, and basically won several games for my team by dropping a strategic WoL bubble near the end.

It's fucking GREAT for maps like Dungeons or Pantheon where people just like to shoot at each other across hallways the whole time anyway.

Defenders really shine in Rift and Control.  Strategic Bubbles placed on enemy rifts or on a capture zone during your defensive sequence pay huge dividends. 

I don't think that WoL is undervalued in PvP.  Squishy Hunters and Warlocks prefer Blessings of Light for the overshield and defensive power. 

I've only found WoL to be beneficial in PVP when the Defender is in a coordinated fireteam and we're all working together with a solid game plan.

There are some good hidey holes for snipers in Pantheon and Dungeons but I made a career out of flanking and murdering snipers thanks to High AGI build Hunters and map familiarity and not being dumb enough to rush back into a killzone shortly after being caught flat footed.  For the life of me, I don't know why players zoom back to the exact same spot where they were recently kacked.

Haven't been on much this week, I've been too busy shooting rebel scum on Hoth. Jumped on tonight to knock out the Golgoroth challenge on my Warlock though. Just in case they go with character based for the Moments of Triumph. Assuming that list is legit that's 100% of it knocked out on one character.

Time to settle into much more casual playing until September.

Hit rank 5 on all characters, got another mg, scout rifle, and a pair of fucking gloves for my hunter....whatever.  I got multiple helms to help me get my exotics up to 335...I think im going to do golgoroth tomorrow or late tonight to get that knocked out.  Ive got about 350 strange coins saved up and xur didnt sell shit that I need.  Didnt use the 3 of coins much at all this week...I think after this run ill be easing into a much more casual play style as well

Okay, so I hit 335 on all my characters last week.

This week, I've been farming IB for 335 gear to flesh out my characters so I'm not bound to one loadout for max light.

Last night, I finally did the Golgoroth challenge to get that fragment, now all that's left is the dreaded scent chest.

I ALSO finished off the Bolt-caster quest, so now I just need to do Dark-drinker to complete my exotic sword collection.

And after that...I believe I'm done until Rise of Iron.

• Like 1

I have that Trials Hunter chest armor, and it is indeed dope.  That's the only Trials gear I kept after it became clear my Trials crew wasn't in it for the long haul so I could get a complete set.

Finished IB up today, and I think I've offically hit the point of diminishing returns on IB until the next update.

I really wanted some 335 heavy drops for infusion in that slot, but instead the game decided I needed *literally* a dozen class items.  And then for my rank 5 packages I got th 335 shotgun (okay, but I'm pretty well off in the specail slot), a 334 helmet (WHAT THE HELL?), and....another 335 class item (YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING WITH ME).

On the bright side, I have a lot of fashion versatility now.

• Like 1

Got to rank 5 in iron banner on all three characters. I ended up finding a new play style that I really enjoy and have success with. I run a scout rifle and shotgun. Never gave scouts much of a chance before but I had a lot of fun with it. 

• Like 1

I didn't game as much as I wanted to over the holiday, but I played a little bit on Thursday/Friday and then really put in some time yesterday. I am up to 289 light with my Warlock, and this was the most I had ever put into IB. I got up to rank 3 with the couple of hours I invested in it, and I was surprised at how well I held my own in there despite being under leveled. PVP is not really my strong suit, but I felt I had some good runs all day. I also had maybe my best sniper shot in a competitive FPS setting ever yesterday. I rolled a 300 Scout Rifle in IB pretty early on, and it became my best friend. I don't remember scout rifles playing well in IB prior to this weekend's session.

I will definitely try to max out IB the next time it is around. Hopefully, I'll be well into working on my Hunter to have her run through it too.

I also hopped into a 41 PoE session for the first time ever yesterday. At first, I found myself underwhelmed by it, but that last wave is definitely the one that tries to kick you in the pants. I also didn't get to the bottom in time to unlock any treasure.

I'll hit the Heroic strikes at some point this week, and I hope I can run KF for the first time on Sunday.

This is a great week to grind the Heroics because of the modifiers (Arc Burn + Small Arms), especially if you have Zhalo Supercell.  I ran a couple earlier just to see what it was like, and we cleared them all in under 8 minutes a piece.   That's crazy, and at your level, I bet you could collect tons of relevant loot.

Scout n shotgun is my bread and butter.  Unless im playing shores of time then its scout n sniper and try to hold b and c.  

But I have the old school hung jury dead orbit used to sell that had firefly and triple tap with max stability.  Mida works well too, fwiw.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, misanthrope304 said:

Scout n shotgun is my bread and butter.  Unless im playing shores of time then its scout n sniper and try to hold b and c.  

But I have the old school hung jury dead orbit used to sell that had firefly and triple tap with max stability.  Mida works well too, fwiw.

That OG Hung Jury is my main gun in PVE but lately in crucible I've been using a Lethe Noblesse I got from Variks because I rolled it with hidden hand and it just seems a lot quicker to snag headshots with it than the Hung Jury but that's all based on the user I suppose.  I tried the Colovance's Duty but I like the play style of the Hung Jury and Lethe a lot better than the slower firing Colovance.  That max stability on that Hung Jury is legit.  I was working on that bounty for PoE where you had to get precision kills and knocked it out so quick because of the stability of that gun. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, glfpunk said:

That OG Hung Jury is my main gun in PVE but lately in crucible I've been using a Lethe Noblesse I got from Variks because I rolled it with hidden hand and it just seems a lot quicker to snag headshots with it than the Hung Jury but that's all based on the user I suppose.  I tried the Colovance's Duty but I like the play style of the Hung Jury and Lethe a lot better than the slower firing Colovance.  That max stability on that Hung Jury is legit.  I was working on that bounty for PoE where you had to get precision kills and knocked it out so quick because of the stability of that gun. 

If you ever take your Warlock into the Crucible i suggest bringing the Tlaloc then if you like a scout rifle. It's the Warlock exclusive exotic from the Gunsmith quest. It's main perk is 'Overflow'. Basically while your super is fully charged it gets a ridiculous buff to reload speed, handling, stability and rate of fire. Despite maining a scout in PVE i suck at them in PVP (much prefer a pulse rifle) but i took the Tlaloc in there for the scout rifle kills portion of the Crucible quest and it's insane. I got 17 kills with it alone without really trying. I was outgunning The Last Word at one point.

• Like 2

There aren't too many things that make me happier than a Paul Tassi apology article in Forbes.

I Am Dumb.  Maybe Bungie Was Right About How They Do Matchmaking In Destiny.

How sheltered is this guy not to realize the zero-sum game that is Destiny matchmaking.  The time you think you will save by everything being matchmade will be lost in the aggravation of having to deal with idlers, griefers, team killers, and people that plain ol' have no idea what they're doing. 

And God forbid that you *gasp* actually have to interact with another human being while recruiting for a raid or Trials.

THEY MIGHT EVEN REQUIRE YOU TO USE A MIC~!

Yeah - I would pump the brakes on the snarky use of a mic thing because there are plenty of people I play with that I want to have no communication with whatsoever

• Like 1

Well, my point with the mic is that communication is key and in order to find a group of people you can trust, you may have to make a new friend or two and God forbid that you actually have to talk to someone.

Tassi swears that Matchmaking is the answer to everything while being ignorant of the fact that not all players are helpful and as a matter of fact, there is a disproportionate amount of players out there that revel in discord.

The ease of constant Matchmaking is hampered by the number of times you will have to cancel out of something because of quitters, idlers, team killers, and griefers until you FINALLY end up in a queue with players that are competent and even then there may be a language barrier or huge age discrepancy that some players hate.  I'm not going to be lectured about gameplay by someone young enough to be my kid.

I dont disagree with the point that there should have been some more matchmaking in Destiny

I mean to have it for say IB but not Trials is silly