DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Well, that's the Oryx challenge mode box ticked. Damn smooth raid for the most part. Warpriest one and done. Struggled a little on Golgoroth since we didn't have a Hunter but we got him in 4 and then went right through to the end, killing the Daughters and Oryx, without a wipe. Whole lot of loot too! 2 Ghosts, a fusion rifle, 3 shotguns, 2 bonds, 2 hand cannons, an auto rifle, a pulse rifle, an Obsidian Mind, gloves and both normal and hard mode helms. It's the helms I've been after so i'm happy with that, i can finally get those 2 shaders.

Looks like i'm still missing a Calcified fragment so i'll have to take a look sometime to get that sorted too.

2 hours ago, misanthrope304 said:

I need the golgoroth challenge mode fragment...im not sure if ive collected 49 fragments on one character...and it looks like there are 4 ghosts on the moon I havent picked up either.

I knocked out my last one this morning. But it seems the Golgoroth challenge was done on the Titan while the other 49 are on the Warlock, hopefully the Triumph is account based and not character based. The annoying thing is the shader you get for all 50 is character based so I have to do another Golgoroth challenge on my Warlock to get it. I'd say the Golgoroth one is the hardest since it requires the most coordination. Warpriest isn't any different to how it's normally run and the Oryx challenge was actually easier than how we used to run it.

Soloing these TTK missions for an average shooter player like myself can be a bit frustrating. I was happy to finally beat the tank on Dreadnaught. I also am not sure how I survived the Thrall attack with the rupture open. I have about 4 missions left. I hopefully want to have a couple of characters be respectable before Rise of Iron drops. I have been trying to level up my Sunsinger Class for the self-res on my Warlock, which will leave the Stormbringer to level.

My hunter still has a lot of work to do, as I used the auto-25 which bascially gave her no build stuff, and I still have to start on my EXO-Titan.

• Like 1

.Cleaned up what ghosts I can get, I only have one left, and thats in the ps exclusive strike on venus. I was missing two in the summoning pits, so I started the malok strike and got those pretty quick, another was on a light in the circle of bones and one in  ... fuck I cant remember.  Qnyway I luckily had a save on the black garden and the ghost I was missing on mars proper was grabbed in about 45 seconds.  The last one was on Phobos and damn its been a while since ive watched those cutscenes.I forgot how long they were, I had enough time to take my morning constitutional after a sip of coffee, come back and theh are still playing.  JTs girl is still fine, if youre into smurfs (and I am).  

I really hope they give us something with the awoken/queen/brother storyline in the Rise of Iron but I highly doubt it.  I think we deserve to know something official but it looks like they are going in a different direction with this expansion.

I finally started the first curse questline also by hitting rank 5 in the gunsmith (I had not done a field test since october until last night).  I hear its pretty much a shit weapon, but I am a collector.

Also, watched some bungie stuff from e3, Deej says there will be only* one rise of iron edition , no collectors edition this time out.

The iron banner is back on Tuesday with helmets, cloaks/marks/bonds, scout rifles, and heavy machine guns dropping.  

*quasi highlander reference

One more thing, Paradox is the daily heroic, so if you want the No Time to Explain exotic, today is the day to collect those ghosts and kick some taken in the dick in the vault of glass.  There are plenty of youtube videos out there on what to do and where to look for stuff.  

5 hours ago, Chaos said:

Soloing these TTK missions for an average shooter player like myself can be a bit frustrating. I was happy to finally beat the tank on Dreadnaught. I also am not sure how I survived the Thrall attack with the rupture open. I have about 4 missions left. I hopefully want to have a couple of characters be respectable before Rise of Iron drops. I have been trying to level up my Sunsinger Class for the self-res on my Warlock, which will leave the Stormbringer to level.

My hunter still has a lot of work to do, as I used the auto-25 which bascially gave her no build stuff, and I still have to start on my EXO-Titan.

Those sub classes take for-fucking-ever to level up. I only just finished my Hunters last month. Granted i don't use the Hunter much but it still took an insane amount of time to getting around to doing it. Doesn't help that bounties aren't worth as much anymore and you don't get xp packages from public events now.

1 hour ago, misanthrope304 said:

One more thing, Paradox is the daily heroic, so if you want the No Time to Explain exotic, today is the day to collect those ghosts and kick some taken in the dick in the vault of glass.  There are plenty of youtube videos out there on what to do and where to look for stuff.  

They actually added an option to do the alternate versions of Paradox and Lost to Light on the difficulty select screen in the last patch. Weird that they would have it as the daily so soon after adding that feature. So if you are ever desperate for exotic shards and like getting your ass kicked constantly you can do Lost to Light for the Spindle as much as you like!

Knocked out some CoE today and Bungie really must hate people having fun. Its punch kills for the bonus. Except Trickle is on so your punch takes ages to charge. The first boss is the Taken guy that steals your super, despite the fact that it takes days to get anyway because of Trickle. On top of that, one of the bounties is to generate orbs. The perfect shitfest storm for a Prison this week.

Yeah, I did exactly one run through CoE this week, and that was enough for me.  Not fun.  And considering I'm at 335/334/334 on my characters, it's just not worth the grind at this point.  There are too many other options to level up now to punish myself with that.

Speaking of which, I need just a 335 heavy weapon on my Titan and a 335 cloak for my Hunter to reach max light.

And this week's Iron Banner is going to have heavy weapons and class items in the loot table.  Perfect!

3 minutes ago, EVA said:

Yeah, I did exactly one run through CoE this week, and that was enough for me.  Not fun.  And considering I'm at 335/334/334 on my characters, it's just not worth the grind at this point.  There are too many other options to level up now to punish myself with that.

Speaking of which, I need just a 335 heavy weapon on my Titan and a 335 cloak for my Hunter to reach max light.

And this week's Iron Banner is going to have heavy weapons and class items in the loot table.  Perfect!

Yeah, really not worth the effort at this point. I forgot to mention one of the rounds is also Cabal so its nearly impossible to get melee kills on half the enemies in there.

I'm just waiting to hear the official word on the Year Two Moments of Triumph on 7/7 now. I really hope that Crucible quest isn't part of it. I guess it's there to take the place of the Y1 'Win 100 Crucible matches' requirement but it's so goddamn tedious! 

Being able to select the missions on heroic difficulty is a nice feature.  The last time the spindle mission was the daily I ran it a few times to help DVDR clan members Damien Death69 and InlineStang66 a spindle and also thejim a spindle as well, but where I already had gotten one on my hunter, I didnt get one for him (i infused it into my beast 1000 yard stare back when they were dropping at 310).  I did pick one up for my warlock though.

On closer inspection it doesn't seem like you have to complete every crucible related quests to unlock 'The Mountaintop'. Just most of them.

I tapped out when it started asking for Rift matches and dunks since I can't stand that game mode but the 'Impress Lord Shaxx' quest doesn't look like it's apart of the Crucible quest chain.

Seems I 'only' need wins in Skirmish, Salvage and Elimination along with 6 kills with each primary weapon to unlock the last part. Still a damn unnecessarily long quest but at least I don't have to play Rift again!

I know for the Elimination part - it's a point system not just wins. Like you get like 3 for a match, 6 for a win and you need like 20 point total

Pre-patch, you only got points for victories and lots of players stalled during the Rumble segment.  

People complained about people using Boosting (bringing in friends to protect you / get killed by you to pad your point total) to win at Rumble and complete the quest and that led to the No Fireteam version of a lot of Crucible arenas.

Even with the No Fireteam arenas, not everyone is good enough at Destiny PvP to win at Rumble, so the stip was watered down to give points for participation. 

That worked for me since I could consistently come in second or third, but I've never won a Rumble match.

Good to know. I guess they changed it the same time they made the quest completion account based rather than character based.

I took advantage of the Fireteam in Rumble to do the sword and gunsmith quests. Weirdly you can still bring a Fireteam into Classic Rumble but not the regular version. I don't think there's actually a difference between them though so it never made much sense to me.

16 hours ago, Basara said:

Those sub classes take for-fucking-ever to level up. I only just finished my Hunters last month. Granted i don't use the Hunter much but it still took an insane amount of time to getting around to doing it. Doesn't help that bounties aren't worth as much anymore and you don't get xp packages from public events now.

This is what I get for waiting until now to get back into this game. All I have left on the TTK mission is Oryx himself with Regicide. I read what that battle entails, which has me curious if I'm going to be able to solo it, as it sounds like an act of Frustration. I guess I'll stumble through the added missions at some point, but I'll probably start working Strike playlists in hopes of some better gear drops, so I can get my light level to an acceptable enough level to play KF. I have also never done PoE or ToO (I'm slightly below-average at Crucible, so ToO is not as important). I'm pretty close to having Sunsinger maxed, and I'm not sure if I'll start working through Stormbringer or not.

59 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I completed the sword quests and the Gunsmith quests via Clash and Control.  It was pretty easy for me, but then again I actually enjoyed Destiny PvP.

I could have probably done the sword quest legit but that hand cannon you're given for the headshot spree was terrible. I gave up after a couple of attempts and just jumped into rumble to cheese it.

I think my crowning Crucible quest achievement was the Thorn bounty. I used Atheons Epilogue back when auto rifles literally did no damage. Knocked the whole thing out in a couple of hours.

47 minutes ago, Chaos said:

This is what I get for waiting until now to get back into this game. All I have left on the TTK mission is Oryx himself with Regicide. I read what that battle entails, which has me curious if I'm going to be able to solo it, as it sounds like an act of Frustration. I guess I'll stumble through the added missions at some point, but I'll probably start working Strike playlists in hopes of some better gear drops, so I can get my light level to an acceptable enough level to play KF. I have also never done PoE or ToO (I'm slightly below-average at Crucible, so ToO is not as important). I'm pretty close to having Sunsinger maxed, and I'm not sure if I'll start working through Stormbringer or not.

What light level are you?

The Iron Banner is tomorrow and the drop rates have been fixed. Even if you don't play enough to level up you can still get a reward at the end of each game. I believe it's the helm, class item, scout rifle and machine gun this time.

If you are 280 or so then the light 41 Prison of Elders has matchmaking and can drop blue gear up to 320.

Just now, Basara said:

What light level are you?

The Iron Banner is tomorrow and the drop rates have been fixed. Even if you don't play enough to level up you can still get a reward at the end of each game. I believe it's the helm, class item, scout rifle and machine gun this time.

If you are 280 or so then the light 41 Prison of Elders has matchmaking and can drop blue gear up to 320.

I jumped up to 248 yesterday. I may have to suffer through IB for some of that just so I can work through 41 PoE.

20 minutes ago, Basara said:

I could have probably done the sword quest legit but that hand cannon you're given for the headshot spree was terrible. I gave up after a couple of attempts and just jumped into rumble to cheese it.

I think my crowning Crucible quest achievement was the Thorn bounty. I used Atheons Epilogue back when auto rifles literally did no damage. Knocked the whole thing out in a couple of hours.

Imprecation is a shitty hand cannon.  I had trouble with headshots even with a Gunslinger specced for low recoil, but eventually you will crack the code if you play enough 6v6 matches.  I didn't play long enough to go through the agony of dealing with First Curse with a Titan or a  Warlock.

I beat the Sword quest without using the hilt.  It is dirt simple to get Sword kills as a Hunter by going Nightstalker and murdering tethered players.  

I got through the Thorn bounty with Atheon's, a Crucble re-roll of Invisible Hand M7 shotgun with Void Damage / Shot Package / Crowd Control, and a re-roll of the old IB MG that had Rangefinder / Persistence.  I got the points for Void Kills in two Control matches. 

I am normally not a pack rat, but I kept those weapons in my Vault expressly for doing the Thorn bounty.

I find myself growing wistful about the days when Destiny did not suck.

4 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I jumped up to 248 yesterday. I may have to suffer through IB for some of that just so I can work through 41 PoE.

Drop rates are much better now, a friend of mine played 4 games last time and got 2 items. I've not played more than 5 without a drop so it'll only take an hour.

How many legendary marks do you have? You can buy 280 gear from the venders so start hitting the 3 weekly strikes and the dailies if you have time to get your marks up. Armours pretty cheap so if you're at the 200 cap I think you can buy 2 items.

While you're on it, pick up every bounty, each rank with the vanguard and factions after rank 3 give you a random legendary item.

Despite some of the test weapons being terrible, rank up the gunsmith too. The order you place will give you a 280 weapon on arms day and he also drops weapons when you level him up.

Thats the 3 easiest ways to get legendary gear fast at your level. Strikes will work too for rare gear, they drop up to 310 now. So my advice would be to grab the bounties and knock out a couple of strikes each day and do the 2 daily missions. You'll be around 290 in no time.

• Like 1

It looks like Bungie canceled IB this week citing the same issue they had last week with ToO. It's odd that this problem is tied to the events and not all matchmaking aspects of this game.

NOOOOOOOOO

This was going to be my week!  Now I'll be reduced to playing loot roulette with the raid and CoE to get to 335 this week.  Assuming they even work now, because now the raid is having issues.

What the hell did they do to the game with this update?