DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

7 minutes ago, Basara said:

The Bad: Nearly all grenades have been nerfed. Trip mines no longer sticking to enemies being the big one. Bungie claim they were never supposed to stick to people yet there's a medal for it in the Crucible i believe. If that's the case, why has it taken nearly 2 years to be addressed?

TGs not sticking to enemies is actually a blessing as you are just as likely to blow yourself up in PVE as you are to kill an enemy with one of those things.  

I always used TGs "as they were meant to be used" in PvP.  Throw them on a wall or a low ceiling and just walk away from it and eventually some poor slob will come dashing around a corner and set it off.

I wish I had a dollar for every Postmortem medal I got with a TG kill that blew someone up after I respawned.

There is a Sticky Grenade medal for Hunters but it is far easier to get by using Bladesinger Flux Grenades rather than Gunglinger Tripmines.

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

There was definitely something for attachable grenades beyond hunters as I did then with my Defender

Yeah, you can beat that bounty with every class as there is at least one sub-class that has access to an attachable grenade power.

I can't remember if Stormcallers get a sticky grenade.  If they don't then the shitty thing about this patch is that Hunters and Warlocks will have to rely on one sub-class to beat the bounty while Titans can use two.

Granted, I could beat that bounty with my eyes closed with a Warlock / Sunsinger.

I was bummed by the Tripmine nerf, too.  Gunslinger + 2 tripmines + 2 throwin knives was my go-to high-level PVP build.  Looks like I'm going to have to experiment with some other builds.

Its not just that they removed the sticky aspect (though that was a great, desperation "Fuck you, you're dead, too" move), but they also slightly nerfed the damage from it, meaning more opponents with high armor values will survive the blast.  BAH.

• Like 1

Todays patch was pretty much bungie saying fuck you to hunters.  I dont think that shit was necessary, expect the nightstalker buff...  yeah, nerf the weakest fucking melee in the game, the one class that actually uses a knife for the melee, but these goddamn warlocks can fucking snipe you with a melee strike...

They were doing so well with the april update...I blame activision, dickheads

• Like 1

It was bad patch for PvP hunters, but probably a net positive on the PvE front, because Arc Blade and Golden Gun received massive damage buffs.  They're actually usable against non-red bar enemies now!

I am sure this has been covered as far as what to do in past pages, but the patch will not install on my PS4. It's giving me a filesize error, but i have about 40 GB free right now on my HD. I've tried doing the rebuild database trick and that did not work. Why do I have a feeling that my only option is going to be completely deleting the game and reinstalling it?

Yeah - Destiny tends to be stupid like that.

It happened to me when I tried to install the last patch on my One - it basically double counted the game (in that it said I needed like 40 GB free but it also was counting the 36 GB of the game already there so it was like I NEED 80 GB)

The easiest is the full re-install but obviously it is gonna take awhile

59 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - Destiny tends to be stupid like that.

It happened to me when I tried to install the last patch on my One - it basically double counted the game (in that it said I needed like 40 GB free but it also was counting the 36 GB of the game already there so it was like I NEED 80 GB)

The easiest is the full re-install but obviously it is gonna take awhile

The external install isn't awful, but that internal server install is a nightmare.

3 minutes ago, misanthrope304 said:

This crucible quest line may be the literal death of me.

It is one of the old ones or is it a new one?

If it is the old one - I bailed on it when it required Elimination matches

Oh and I just logged into my profile on bungie for probably the first time in 6 months

I find it interesting that they track (and tell me) which Calcified Fragments I have but they don't have a similiar system for Ghosts

I can only assume this is because there is a story line reason to find the Fragments

The Crucible quests for the weekly bounties are the only quests I've got left on my main but I just can't be bothered with them. I think you need something like 100 games altogether, over various different game modes, by the time you've finished. Not to mention all the other crap like getting kills with every type of gun, scoring points in different modes etc. I think I got as far as the Rift and Auto Rifle sections. I don't think the rewards are worth it unless all you play is PVP. You get 'Nightfall tier' rewards from the weekly bounties it unlocks. I'm not going to miss a extra 330 ghost each week.

On the plus side if you stick with it, I think they patched it a while ago so once you unlocked it on one character it unlocks on all 3. When TTK first came out if you wanted the weekly bounties on all the characters you had to do the entire quest on all of them.

Speaking of Crucible, the Iron Banner is back next week. Hats, class items, scouts and machine guns for anyone looking for infusion fodder. I'm guessing it's going to be packed full of God roll Maloks after the whole Omnigul farming.

The Banner isn't for me at this point but I'll probably try and pick up the bounties and knock them out over the July and August events to get a head start in the September Banner after the light increase.

It took most of the night, but I deleted and reinstalled this and it worked fine. The game oddly didn't make me do an internal server download either. I may try and dig back into this some over the weekend as I have never finished TTK content.

If the leaked list is true, I'm just 2 calcified fragments from having the Y2 moments finished already.  I just need the ones for:

-Golgoroth challenge (which I would have by now if this week's update hadn't caused the rotation to jump forward a week, for some reason)

-the Scent chest (which is a real bastard, but will be easy to shortcut with 1 or 2 of my clanmates)

A couple of friends at work just got into the game and in my explaining shit to them it made me want to play some more so I decided to get back into it.  I've just been leveling them up a bit doing Taken King story missions to get them up to 40 but the problem is outside of that, I don't know what the fuck to do anymore.  I quit playing well before the april patch and I just don't know what this shit is.  I have one of each character and they all max out around 315 light.  I don't know what the Chroma shit is or why I am getting armor that's defense level 3.  Is that just to infuse other shit into? Also I guess the thing to do now is Prison of Elders? Is Trials still a thing that exists as endgame content for PvP?   I just don't know what the fuck I'm supposed to be focusing on. 

You're in luck, the new loot system makes it very easy to level up now. Drops from end game content (hard mode raid, Challenge of the elders, exotic engrams, tier 3 Court of Oryx artefacts, Strike exclusive gear, Trials and Iron Banner) all decode above your maximum light level up to 335.  Items tend to drop between 2-8 levels above your current max so make sure you are wearing your highest level gear. Once you hit 334 it seems to be about a 60% chance it will drop at 335. I got 3 characters up to 335 in 4 weeks just playing Challenge of Elders.

Challenge of the Elders was the new prison they added with the free April update. It's a 3 players (but can be soloed) 3 rounds long and point based. You need 30,000 points in one 3 round run and 90,000 points in as many as you like (usually only takes 2 or 3 runs). This gets you a random gun and armour piece each week from Variks that drops up to 335. On top of that, the normal loot at the end of CoE consists of the 3 Prison exotics, class items and ghosts. These have a fairly high drop rate too and can be done as much as you like. So good for infusion fodder.

Trials gear follows the same loot pattern. 5 wins gets you armour and 7 a gun up to 335. The big difference is the bounties can be done daily now and the 10 game bounty drops up to 335 too. So that's 6 items a character per week from Trials if that's more your thing.

Iron Banner gear drops up to 335 at the end of each match and the drop rates are fixed finally. Maybe a 20% chance in my experience for a drop. Again, good for infusion fodder.

if you are 315 it's worth levelling up factions and the gunsmith since their packages drop gear up to 330.

Infusion is now 100% so no messing about. Stick a 335 item into something and it's straight to 335. Its the best loot system they've had so far.

As for that light level 3 stuff. You get it from sterling treasure which you can get 3 of a week per account. It's just cosmetic so if you like the look of it or it has perks you use you can infuse it up to 335.

Chroma is also cosmetic. You can add different colour lighting to Spektar gear (from sterling treasure and vanguard packages) and Challenge of Elders gear. 

• Like 1

Trials of Osiris is down...something fucked up somewhere.  

In other breaking news:

Its been a while since I ran the vault of glass.  Ive been kicking around the idea of running it with 3 people just for fun.  Im sure we could do it.  It would be much easier with 4, but its hard to get 4 people on nowadays that actually feel like running vog.  Anyway, I was checking lfg earlier and saw a post for vog normal, and the kid said he had oracles checkpoint.  Honestly, I was hooked by someone posting on lfg wanting to do vog, so I thought why the hell not.  I send a message saying I know vog and im a 335 hunter.  I join the party and its what im guessing was a teenager trying to put some bass in his voice, or he was trying to run a johnny ace gimmick im not sure...its just him and me for a minute until some other poor soul joins the party.  I reluctantly join the game and the fucker is on venus trying to build the spire by himself I shit you not.  Other dude joins the game, takes one look at this shit show and cant go to orbit fast enough.  I say "hey man, I thought you said you had oracles checkpoint"  to which he replies "I did, I dont know what happened."  I left the party and the game, fuck that.  A year ago, I would have probably roasted the dumb little shit for false advertising, but now I guess I just dont give enough of a fuck anymore.  But really, thats some fucking year one shit, wtf is wrong with these little lying ass bastards?

2 hours ago, misanthrope304 said:

Its been a while since I ran the vault of glass.  Ive been kicking around the idea of running it with 3 people just for fun.  Im sure we could do it.  It would be much easier with 4, but its hard to get 4 people on nowadays that actually feel like running vog.  Anyway, I was checking lfg earlier and saw a post for vog normal, and the kid said he had oracles checkpoint.  Honestly, I was hooked by someone posting on lfg wanting to do vog, so I thought why the hell not.  I send a message saying I know vog and im a 335 hunter.  I join the party and its what im guessing was a teenager trying to put some bass in his voice, or he was trying to run a johnny ace gimmick im not sure...its just him and me for a minute until some other poor soul joins the party.  I reluctantly join the game and the fucker is on venus trying to build the spire by himself I shit you not.  Other dude joins the game, takes one look at this shit show and cant go to orbit fast enough.  I say "hey man, I thought you said you had oracles checkpoint"  to which he replies "I did, I dont know what happened."  I left the party and the game, fuck that.  A year ago, I would have probably roasted the dumb little shit for false advertising, but now I guess I just dont give enough of a fuck anymore.  But really, thats some fucking year one shit, wtf is wrong with these little lying ass bastards?

Vault of Glass is still my favorite raid. At this point Crota's End is a glorified strike and while King's Fall felt epic and was great the first few times, there's just too much dead space between the encounters for it to stay fresh and fun and when you do fight the bosses most of the mechanics consist of "stand in a circle and snipe". You can absolutely do the VoG with 3 people. Probably the most fun I've had in there. The only hard/annoying part is Atheon. We went with a Warlock to kill himself before the teleport and then resurrect to keep the gate open for the other two. Works perfectly but if you do wipe you then have to sit there for 4 mins before starting again waiting for your super to charge since there's nothing to kill.

I think the problem with LFGing for VoG now is most people are looking to do it for the No Time To Explain quest and have never run it before. They assume because they are 300+ light it will be easy but VoG is pretty much the only raid that doesn't get a lot easier the stronger you get.

I'm hoping that Moments of Triumph list isn't 100% accurate, i really don't want to have to finish that god awful Crucible quest! Other than that i think the only one i am missing is an Oryx challenge mode kill.

I did some more Grasp of Malok farming yesterday. Probably spent about 3 hours killing Omnigul since Tuesday and have had around 30 Maloks and Bonds before i finally got what might be considered god rolls on them. I got a 35/24 split Intellect and Discipline bond which i think is the highest available total and a GoM with Rangefinder, Perfect Balance and Glass Half Full.