DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Guess its back to the Vault then.

They've increased the light of Nightfall legendaries by 10 light. People are reportedly getting 300+ gear dropping for them. I assume if your Nightfall reward was originally going to be a 292 weapon it will drop at 302 instead. I wounder if 300-310 gear will be easier to get now since the raid goes up to 320 on Friday. 330 exotics have also been found in the database but that doesn't mean they will appear in game.

Edit: Well, its confirmed that the quest is for No Time to Explain, the exotic version of the Stranger's Rifle. I'm hoping this isn't one of those time gated exotics like Black Spindle and Sleeper Simulant as i wont have time to get on tonight. But i'm expecting it will be. The fact that you've got to run a VoG adds a bunch of time to it as well. Luckily we got quite good at 3 manning it towards the end of HoW when a lot of our group were playing other things while waiting for TTK to start.

Second Edit: It's time gated. If you didn't get the dead ghosts from the Praedyth daily last time you cant start the quest today. I assume if you pick it up today it will start tomorrow like the Sleeper Simulant quest did. I don't think i'll get chance to do the daily tonight so i'll probably have to wait until next time. These time gated quests are getting rather annoying. I don't want a video game telling me when i have to play it.

• Like 1

Full Patch Notes

2.0.1.2 - The One about Shadowshot

The Nightstalker has been running wild with unlimited power in the sandbox. With this fix, we're bringing the new Void Super ability back into check, along with increases to rewards for specific activities and other changes to the player experience.

Classes
Nightstalker Hunter
Temporarily removed the extra shots from Quiver to avoid unlimited Shadowshots
This is a temporary fix, and the node will be restored in a fixed state in an upcoming patch

Activities
Daily Heroic Story
Removed deprecated Quest requirements from "Siege of the Warmind" 
Removed deprecated Quest requirements from "The Wakening" 

Weekly Nightfall Strike
Increased the base level of Nightfall Legendary rewards by 10 Attack/Defense
Increased the chance of Legendary rewards by 10% (from 50% to 60%)
Increased the number of Strange Coins or Three of Coins awards
Ghosts have been added to the Legendary reward loot table
Legendary Engrams no longer drop from Nightfall Strike boss kills
They will continue to drop their unique Legendary items 
Removed Antiquated Runes from the loot tables

King's Fall
King's Fall Hard Mode will be available at 10AM on 10/23
Recommended Light is 310
King's Fall Hard Mode has the following changes:
King's Fall Hard Mode rewards will drop up to 320 Light
Oryx in Hard Mode will guarantee a Raid item drop each week, without requiring Moldering Shards
Oryx in Normal mode will still require Moldering Shards
Moldering Shards can drop in King's Fall Hard Mode, but only if a character hasn't cleared King's Fall Normal for the week

Crucible
Weekly Crucible Bounty
Increased base level of Weekly Crucible Bounty Legendary rewards by 10 Attack
Increased number of Strange Coins awarded
Ghosts have been added to the Legendary reward loot table

Shield Bro strike one is in the second room with enemies that has a bunch of Phalanx and random Cabal in it.  The fragment is under some debris and beams on the right side of the room. You kind of have to go along the right wall and go past it and look back toward the entrance to see it. 

I still haven't found this one. Of course - I remembered the room and the general area but had blanked on specific location.

Of course I always feel bad if my teammates are waiting for me so I generally only search for like 5 seconds.

Oh and one time I was searching was that Special Shield Brothers one to try and get the Chaperone. That wasn't a smart time to do it

If you stand at the entrance to the room and look right, the room goes downhill a bit. Just walk down the right side of the wall a ways and it's in what's basically a pile of beams.  It's just easier to spot from just past it. 

Looking at those patch notes i'm going to have to do some leveling before i finish hard mode. At best my main can be 305. I'm sure that will be enough to get to Golgoroth, maybe even fight the deathsingers, but i don't fancy fighting Oryx 15 levels lower than he is. Someone did some maths recently on light levels and damage output and i think it was about a 15% drop in damage for every 10 light levels, up to 40 levels where everything just turns into ??? enemies. Ideally the gear dropped on the way to Oryx will get you to the 310+ range but with RNG i wouldn't hold your breath.

Any guesses as to what changes the hard mode will bring? I'm hoping they scrap the no revive they had in the Vault and Crota. Granted the Prison of Elders wasn't classed as a raid but 35 was essentially 'hard mode' and that would have been hell without revives. There's already sort of a soft no revive for the Golgoroth fight. Sure you can pick people up but if too many die its a wipe. I don't much fancy the Deathsingers or Orxy fight without being able to revive people since the mechanics require a certain amount of people being alive, it will basically force a wipe. I've seen people speculate that the relic runner during the Oryx fight will be random like the Deathsingers, and that that was essentially to train people for hard mode. That seems reasonable even if it will cause a bunch of wipes if a less skilled jumper is selected. Warlocks with self res will be back in demand to save a wipe if that's the case (assuming there are revives, please...).

I'm guessing those final 3 fragments will be in there somewhere. Either in new sections added to the raid or perhaps from killing the bosses themselves.

Light level isn't that huge of a deal if you have the right weapon for the job and know how to do damage. There have been plenty of groups with everyone in the 290-292 range that completed the normal raid. Some people just suck at dealing damage and make poor decisions on what weapon to use, when to reload, when to swap weapons etc. Gotta love when doing the totems and I'm in the middle and hear the call to switch and when I get to the totem the boomer knight is still up there shooting. I'm like what the fuck are you doing? It's one head shot with a sniper rifle to take that fucker out. Success is more about having a competent group than anything else.

Had The Last Word drop with a ToC on the Taken Zealot in the CosmoDrone just now. Pretty happy about that. Also had a really dumb moment, as I finally realized that I can infuse my Neuroghast(sp?) cape, which doubles my Vanguard gains, instead of leaving it in the 250 range, so it's up to 2 now.

Quite a haul from Banshee, five guns total, going to try them out, build them up, and decide if I want to keep them over what I have. I don't see the two sniper rifles I got beating out Stillpiercer or Invective in the Special Weapons slot, but the rocket launcher has a shot in Heavy, and the scout rifle might beat out the 296 rare pulse rifle I'm running with, at least until I get Dead Orbit to level three and snatch up Hung Jury.

Gonna keep running PvE until I max out Nightstalker, then I might jump into Crucible. Not sure. I need to work out an armor set for void and solar so that I can switch back and forth between NS and Gunslinger.

Sigh - totally forgot there was one more step to the Exotic Sword Quest

So that will go into the pile of "I'm underleveled and have no friends" pile

Sorry I missed you last night Mis for the Vault run but I didn't have that quest anyway so it's not really a big deal.

Ran Paradox with one of the DARPA crew and made it to the alternate ending.  That mission still makes me sad  

Poor Praedyth.  At least he is no longer trapped in time and will be properly remembered now.

I am much better at jumping puzzles thanks to the Mis Vault of Glass Boot Camp.  Also helps that I blueprinted a pair of Bones of Eao for the trip and re-shredded them for the shard after the mission.

Totally brainfarted on getting FWC allegiance (I blame the meds I'm taking to fight my head cold), so I wonder what happens if you find all of the memories and get the alternate ending without having or getting FWC rep.  Am I totally boned out of the No Time To Explain quest?  Hmmm.

Some of the DARPA guys have never run the Vault of Glass or Crota's End, so I suspect I will either be leading or co-leading my first full blown raid very soon.

My DTR Combat Rating is now a somewhat more respectable 91.16 after losing yet another heartbreaking Control match on Memento and then helping to deliver an assbeating in The Burning Shrine aka the map that is usually the albatross around my neck.

The Burning Shrine match started off really shaky because it was six on four, but then we got two more players and our team caught fire.  We got the Decisive Win and I got a Triple Down / Way of the Gun and those kills got us our first of three Strength of the Wolf medals. 

I thought we were going to earn a Mercy medal but the other team stayed in the hunt enough for Shaxx not to call the match short.

Hit up the 3 Nightfalls to test out this new and improved loot. 2 out of 3 ain't bad. I got some 308 arms that i'll probably use to infuse something at some point, some worthless 294 boots that are already legendary marks and a rather nice, somewhat rare, 310 Thunderlord. I'm torn as to what to do with the Thunderlord. 310 heavies are some of the harder to obtain weapons in the game since there isn't an exotic heavy engram yet. You either need to get one to drop in the raid or win the engram lottery and have a legendary upscale into an exotic at 310. The collector in me wants to keep it but it would be far more useful sticking in my 306 raid machine gun or 306 raid rocket launcher.

Totally brainfarted on getting FWC allegiance (I blame the meds I'm taking to fight my head cold), so I wonder what happens if you find all of the memories and get the alternate ending without having or getting FWC rep.  Am I totally boned out of the No Time To Explain quest?  Hmmm.

The quest isn't open now.  You had to have already had the ghost before yesterday in order to get it.  Assumption is that it will come up next time Paradox is the daily heroic again or that it will become available at random.  A lot of people are pretty salty over it.  I don't mind.  I got the ghost so I'll be ready for next time.  There's still a lot of shit I'm working on in the game anyway.  I'd imagine they'll treat it like the Spindle and bring it back soon.  

I'm torn as to what to do with the Thunderlord

I'd infuse that thing into your raid MG to get it to 310 and then grab another Thunderlord from the kiosk for a shard and 2500 glimmer and just infuse that back up to around 300 as you're able to.  I'd imagine you'll get more use out of the number 310 if it were on another weapon like your MG or rocket launcher than the Thunderlord itself.  

I'm happy I realized that Mayhem Clash was the best time for me to get my kills when buffed by Ward of Dawn.

So the Defender Crucible quest line is done (and I really dig the emblem that was the reward)

Onto Sunbreaker!

I'd infuse that thing into your raid MG to get it to 310 and then grab another Thunderlord from the kiosk for a shard and 2500 glimmer and just infuse that back up to around 300 as you're able to.  I'd imagine you'll get more use out of the number 310 if it were on another weapon like your MG or rocket launcher than the Thunderlord itself.  

That's probably what i'll end up doing. I might infuse my 307 Black Spindle with my 310 4th Horseman as well. Aside from any Nightfalls that call for a specific burn, the Black Spindle is pretty much the only exotic i use at the moment. Unless i'm just dicking about in a normal mission or doing bounties, then you're light level doesn't matter anyway. Collecting really doesn't mean all that much anymore now you can just re-buy all the exotics from the giant ipads in the tower once you've unlocked them.

I did something similar.  I got a 310 Hereafter not long ago and infused my Black Spindle up to 310.  My buddy really likes the Hereafter because he said it doesn't matter if you put it away and use a different gun.  The perk still works.  That's pretty cool but I do love the impact of the Black Spindle and the ability to not have to reload.  I use the hell out of that thing.  I use Touch of Malice a lot and the Supercell too. 

So we're what 6 weeks in now? Am i the only one not getting the point of the Gunsmith and his weapons testing? Aside from the exotic quests at rank 3 and 5.

I've had one gun so far that I've kept, a decent enough arc sniper, and that's only because i haven't had a good arc 1000 Yard Stare drop for me yet. Do i just have incredibly bad luck when i order my weapons each week? or are they as underwhelming as they appear? At the moment i'm really only doing the weapons tests because its an easy way to get a much of extra legendary marks each week from sharding the guns. And the off chance that another exotic quest unlocks at a higher rank.

Some of them look awesome in design, and if i could get a decent roll i'd probably put the effort in to infusing them up. But not much worth the effort so far.

The quest isn't open now.  You had to have already had the ghost before yesterday in order to get it.  Assumption is that it will come up next time Paradox is the daily heroic again or that it will become available at random.  A lot of people are pretty salty over it.  I don't mind.  I got the ghost so I'll be ready for next time.  There's still a lot of shit I'm working on in the game anyway.  I'd imagine they'll treat it like the Spindle and bring it back soon.  

Devs say that all you have to do is wait until Paradox rolls around as the Daily and complete it with the normal ending and have FWC allegiance. 

Even if you have no rep, the NTTE quest should show up for you shortly thereafter.

I call bullshit on principle.  They should've just made Ikora the quest giver and saved people a lot of trouble.

The next patch will be out sometime in November

It supposedly will be out before the next Iron Banner because Bungie admitted they discovered a bug that was affecting the legendary drop rates - not just in IB - but all the Crucible

A solid raid with its usual mixed rewards. Started off shaky when one of our guys had a power cut and we have to grab a last min replacement. But other than that, Warpriest, Golgoroth and the Deathsingers without a wipe, and only one wipe on Oryx. Still no goddamn Ghost! seriously! What the fuck! I got a slightly better, 305 Shotgun with worse perks that i'll probably infuse the other one with. A second pair of arms, 306 this time, which will be infusion fodder for the Hunter or Titan. And a mighty fine, perfect 310, sniper ammo, boots. I'm just missing the helm on my Warlock now.

A solid raid with its usual mixed rewards. Started off shaky when one of our guys had a power cut and we have to grab a last min replacement. But other than that, Warpriest, Golgoroth and the Deathsingers without a wipe, and only one wipe on Oryx. Still no goddamn Ghost! seriously! What the fuck! I got a slightly better, 305 Shotgun with worse perks that i'll probably infuse the other one with. A second pair of arms, 306 this time, which will be infusion fodder for the Hunter or Titan. And a mighty fine, perfect 310, sniper ammo, boots. I'm just missing the helm on my Warlock now.

I remembered you complaining about the ghost and it gave me a chuckle when I did a nightfall the other day and my reward was a 305 ghost