DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Well I was told some info yesterday that could lead to me having a Xbone as soon as this weekend.

Will provide details when they are known

Well I was told some info yesterday that could lead to me having a Xbone as soon as this weekend.

Will provide details when they are known

I am going to try to get a part time job at Gamestop once I find gainful employment closer to home.  The side money and employee discount will cover my XBone.

That won't happen for a while, unfortunately.

You both need to come to the dark side and switch to the PS4.

We may have to make wellness checks on all members of the 360 / XBone Mob should both of us defect to PS.

You both need to come to the dark side and switch to the PS4.

We may have to make wellness checks on all members of the 360 / XBone Mob should both of us defect to PS.

It's fine. I am sure Halo 5 and maybe Gears 4 will swing me back over to XB1 next year. 

Fucking finally made it through the 34 PoE...no tricks, no gjallarhorn spams, just survival. It was the final rocket from my Hunger of Crota after burning a synth. Our titan had went down after an ill-fated rush with a shotgun, and the lvl 33 hunter had no heavy ammo through any of this.

• Like 1

Fucking finally made it through the 34 PoE...no tricks, no gjallarhorn spams, just survival. It was the final rocket from my Hunger of Crota after burning a synth. Our titan had went down after an ill-fated rush with a shotgun, and the lvl 33 hunter had no heavy ammo through any of this.

Way to represent!

I got your Live Party message but I really don't trust the connection on my parent's wi-fi.  I will have to look at the settings one day to see how they have it configured.  I'll bet it doesn't have UPnP enabled or it isn't set to Bridge mode.

I've got three treasure keys, two Tokens of Flight, one Token of Identity, and a Token of Judgment. When we are all online some weekend, someone needs to help me hit the Level 28 PoE.   Once I get my new HoW armor from the Hunter Vanguard or if the RNG is favorable when I cash in these keys, we are going to start smoking dudes in the Trials.

Oh God Bless you Voice in the Wilderness for showing up this AM. Your timing couldn't have been better.

Free exotic shard, here I come.

Oh God Bless you Voice in the Wilderness for showing up this AM. Your timing couldn't have been better.

Free exotic shard, here I come.

Damn you.

Somehow, sometime between last night and this morning my Destiny disc became unreadable.  I am going to try to get a pre-owned copy at Gamestop before heading home this weekend, but I did promise to take my better half to go an see either San Andreas or Spy this weekend and I have to commute a couple of times during the next few days.

I may be hitting up Dragon Age until my next payday.

Nothing too thrilling from Xur this week. He's got the Multi Tool again which is worth a purchase if you don't have it. I'll spin the wheel on a few chest engrams, try and get the one I'm missing, but it's a 1 in 8 chance and I seem to have blown all my RNG luck a few weeks ago.

Hit up a couple of Prisons. The 34 boss wasn't too bad this week. We hit him with primaries for a bit till he fed on the Dregs then just nuked him with rockets before any more could spawn. The target popping up at the end was unexpected but too little too late. A little disappointing, I was hoping for something other than yet another Servitor. Cabal boss is still the easiest in the PoE so far though. Unless there are any more they haven't used yet I'd say it's his turn to be the 34 next week.

Damn, JT's having a tough go of it lately.

It's all part of the Big G's plan, bro.   I don't need to go back home for the weekend only to sit on my ass and play Destiny the entire time. 

I've only seen my woman two or three times in the past week thanks to the commute back and forth.  We need to get some QT time in and God preempted the Destiny binge he knew I would take given half a chance.

Sometimes you need to be saved from yourself. :)

Of course - when JT gets home and his disc works

All bets are off...

XBox cannot read the disc at all.  The edges had a deep scratch.  Not really sure what happened.

I've had that happen before and I've wiped down the disc, blew into holder and then the disc works again

Tried that five times this morning.  Nada.  The disc is fubar.

JT, take it to a wal-mart and swap for a new one, because fuck walmart.  Just tell them you bought it last week and your kid did something to it.  Free new disc!

I'm a shit heel.

That being said, both my hunter and warlock are sitting at level 4 of the Iron Banner.  I've had a rough go on the 360,  shit like this happens a lot more frequently, especially late at night.   I had one match where I melee'd a warlock 12 times before he hit me once with a melee and killed me.  I just shut the damn thing off.  Fuck that, I don't need that kind of negativity in my life.

However, playing on the XB1, play goes a lot smoother for some reason.  I believe it's accountability honestly.  People can record and send it to Bungie (and believe me, I have), while also reporting individuals. 

I've gotten a lot of loot, 3 scout rifles, 4 revelation/revelator hand cannons, and a felwinter's lie that's just ridiculous (luck in the chamber and full auto), sililmar's wrath.  I've only seen one exotic (universal remote) drop through any of this.

Hitting rank five on both shouldn't be too much of a problem, but we'll see.  I'm back to work now, my weekend is over

I hit rank 5 with my Warlock, and I'm about to hit 5 with my hunter. Got my titan to 3 and will leave her at that rank.  I just started a new job last week so I didn't think I'd make this much progress. The weekend buffs and the bounties really helped. Used Etherics on Vision of Confluence, Fang of Ir Yut and the Blackhammer so far. 2 more waiting in the vault. And hopefully one more by tomorrow.

POE 34 was easy this week, and the first time we actually finished one. Pretty happy about that.

I hit rank 5 on IB today. For the record: You can't double dip on the etherics Saladin is selling with the glitch. You can only buy 2 from him each week, period. His stock doesn't reset when your IB rank does.

Oh, well. At least I'm set up to take advantage of the glitch next time...

I really need to get my alt Titan up to level 20 before next time, so I can use the alt buff to snag another easy etheric.

• Like 1

I hope he sells Etheric Light again next time. You just have to be in the tower during the reset, correct? I'll probably try that the next time IB comes around. Set an alarm and wake up 10 minutes before or something like that. 

I am halfway to Rank 5

I could just keep grinding tonight but I think I would rather just do the bounties tomorrow so I don't have to keep chasing wins

I hope he sells Etheric Light again next time. You just have to be in the tower during the reset, correct? I'll probably try that the next time IB comes around. Set an alarm and wake up 10 minutes before or something like that. 

He is supposed to sell Etheric Light every time

Funnily enough - right after I posted that I was like "I will do one more match"

I then proceeded to have to play 4 matches just to get my win. Though it does just put me that much closer for tomorrow.

• Like 1