DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

So I tried the PoE 34 last night for the first time since PoE came out...fuck queefdrone in his stupid atheon looking ass. 

I'm going to release a PSA to those fucking vex.  When I hit 34, I'm gathering a few like minded individuals with 365 icebreakers.  We're going to go into the VoG and I'm thinking we'll kill that goofy fuck Atheon in 1 trip through for the insolence of queefdrone. 

Anyway, so we get to the big boss on 34 and Slimy has a little while before he has to pick his bro up for work.  My Dragon's Breath is doing damage to him, but not like it was doing damage to Urrox or whatever.  Icebreaker was doing 10k, close to 11, DB was hitting over 15k per hit, on this vex fuck I might have been doing 5k with DB and 2286 with Icebreaker.  I know I'm underleveled, so I've got a big damage reduction, but fuck man.

Anyway, we try this shit about 5 times and Slimy has to go pick up his brother (whoops) from work.  Slimy rigs his control up to run around in a circle to stay in the PoE, and Bo & I head out to hit the Daily or something, idk...we were doing some kinda shit, it was late, I don't really remember...Anyway, about 10-15 minutes go by and I go to join back in and Slimy's sitting in orbit...he was kicked from PoE I guess.  At that point, I just said fuckit and shut it down.  I didn't need that negativity in my life.

Haven't done shit for my titan.  Still a lvl 3, I guess I'll be hitting IB with the ol' hunter & warlock. 

I've been getting my ass kicked a lot in Crucible lately, so I'm not sure how well that's going to work out for me...I don't know the Special ammo spawn points since they changed all that shit, so I can't go ham with a shotgun (fuck invective and it's four rounds, mine's a 331 max anyway, and I'm not burning two shards on that pos).  Seems like the Bladedancer got nerfed to fuck also

Yeah Quodron was a lot harder than last weeks 34 if you're doing it legit. Urrox was fairly doable with 3 33s last week. While i managed to drag my 33 Hunter though Quodron with 2 34s using the Gjallarhorn technique i don't think it would have been possible to kill him the proper way. As a 33 as soon as i was detained i was pretty much dead. At least as a 34 if he detained you and you had full health it was still possible to break free without jail break if you're quick enough.

I'm guessing the weekly reset today brings the (non Skolas) Fallen prison at either 32 or 34, i think its the only boss we haven't seen yet. I'm thinking its some sort of Walker. Since so far all the boss fights have been beefed up versions of once in the standard game.

So your Nightfall this week is the Archon Priest with Solar, Arc and Primary burn. Apparently these stack which could mean Fatebringer, Fang of Ir Yut and Visions doing 600% damage. The Priest was one if the easiest Nightfalls already (just sit back and snipe everything) now he may well just be a joke!

There's something wrong with anyone attempting Skokas this week, Lightswitch and Brawler, no burn. I can't think of any reason why someone would want to put themselves through that unless there's a tactic here I'm missing.

The Weekly being Omnigul with just Brawler on is a chore. I will probably run it on 26 just to get some strange coins. Doubt I will have the patience for 32

I just realized that this Archon Slayer bounty unlocked a new strike.

I am a fool.

Damn.  I should be at my crib tonight with stable internets but I am not sure how long I am going to get to game.  The Nightfall is a gift this week (Winter's Run with Arc and Solar Burn) so I'd like to try to knock that out with our usual cheese tactics.  If we're not burned out, we can tackle the new Bounty Strike, too.

Crucible gods were somewhat kind yesterday.  Went one for three with Rippa in Control matches, but at least I got some murdering in so I know that I don't suck in normal PvP with the safeties on as a Level 31. Iron Banner will be a different story.

TLW is still the headknocker at medium range so between that, my Blink And Shoot tactics, and using Vanish with my Arc Blade to take me off of player radar, I think I have finally found my groove. 

My relative success in PvP with an Exotic Hand Cannon as my primary means that I am going to have to suffer through wearing the shitty, engine oil stained Sanction Six armor from the Hunter Vanguard until RNG blesses me with other gear.

One match was infuriating since we were leading almost the whole way and then some douche on our team just sat down and started idoling

His ass got reported

I did two 32 PoE's last night to finish those for the week.  Both were PUGs from reddit.  The first one couldn't have been smoother.  Did it all in one run with no trouble, very fast.  The second included a guy that was 32 and 33.  First couple of rounds were fine but by round 3 I noticed that the stats were skewed pretty bad in terms of I was the one killing all the enemies.  We get to the fourth round which is the only mildly challenging round in the whole thing and these guys could not stay alive.  I started by stating I'd take the mine that pops up in the back right corner.  We just kept wiping and they couldn't stay alive.  I swapped with them and same thing.  Ended up having to stand on the ledge above the door which cheeses the enemies from even coming out.  So they could do the mines with no enemies around. 

Then I got into some ToO and actually got with a couple guys who were decent.  We won our first three matches and I thought it was smooth sailing.  I just wanted to get to five wins so I could grab the boots.  We lost a very close match to a team and then went back to the tower so one guy could get a new card because he was attempting flawless.  Go back in and get paired up with a team of beasts.  All had grimoire score in the 3400-3500 range, all had the flawless emblem.  They waxed us.  so now I'm sitting at 3 wins and 2 losses but we still felt fine because the odds of finding a team like that are kind of low.  Next match...same team.  What the fuck.  Didn't really have time to get a new card and try to get to five wins.  Oh well.  Maybe next week. 

I did use an etheric light on Fatebringer though.   So I've got max Vision of Confluence and Fatebringer.  For this week I'm going to max out Black Hammer.  Hoping I will get more etheric light than just the three from the 34 PoE's I'll get so I can have some more armor options and get my Titan to 34. 

Bungie finally patched the double dipping ether chests today. Ah well.

On the plus side, they upped the treasure key drop rate and added some new guaranteed key drops from certain activities.

Ammo synthesis is now stackable up to 100.

Yes, it makes me one cheesey bastard, but I just used the Iron Banner glitch to score 2 etheric lights.

It's good to be a cheesey bastard sometimes.

Now to spend the next week finding out if I can double dip those lights...

• Like 1

Long story short, it's an exploit that allows your previous IB rank to carry over for 1 trip to the Tower. Meaning, if you were level 5 last time, you can just waltz up and buy everything you want right at the start. Which is what I did. Once you leave the tower, it resets your rank to zero.

It only works if you're in orbit at the time the event starts.

Yes, it makes me one cheesey bastard, but I just used the Iron Banner glitch to score 2 etheric lights.

Now to spend the next week finding out if I can double dip those lights...

Nothing wrong with that. If i want Etheric Light from IB this time though i'll have to do it legit. I used the glitch last time around to get the helm to complete my warlock armor

Yeah - I had no idea that was a thing

Funnily enough I could have been on at the reset since I was up - I just was lazy.

Oh well - time to start grinding IB to at least get one Etheric Light

I wouldn't feel bad at all, dude. I had "video game integrity" towards Destiny for like 2 months. Cutting corners is sometimes necessary to have the most fun in this game. Smaller grind = less stress. Had no idea about the IB glitch. Good for you.

So they've taken away the double dipping on chests but replaced it with a guaranteed key from doing your first wanted bounty each week. Expect it didn't give me one, it did give everyone else in my team a key though so i don't know whats up with that. They've also increased the drop rate for keys in the wolves chests and small chests in the prison. I actually got one from the prison, the first one in about 20 clears.

To be fair we all got a key each between us over 3 prisons so if that's the drop rate (1/3) its almost worth farming the 28 to get some of the Queens weapons.

Damn was the Nightfall easy. If you have a decent primary with arc or solar you'll waltz through it. The only thing to watch out for are Hobgoblins, they will one shot you without a care.

I'm tempted to level up a character or 2 in the Iron Banner even though i don't really want to play it just because getting to rank 3 in the IB would be faster than doing a level 35 prison for pretty much the same rewards (a piece of etheric light and armor).

I am a little disappointed that the armor being sold in IB is still only Light 36

But still - thanks to the buff and the extra experience from the mark, shader and emblem - I am already a quarter of the way to Level 2 after only two matches (it helps that we won both).

So I figure after I cash in all my bounties - I will be at Rank 2 tonight

Yeah, my goal for today was getting to rank 1, but I did that in just two matches. Forgot to wear my shader and the emblem on the first match, but now I'm all decked out. Should be rank 2 before the night ends. Only lost one match so far.

The first two ranks are only 100 and 1200 points, respectively. The subsequent ranks are 2500 a piece. They take a little more doing.

But still, if you hit rank 2 on day 1, you only need to make half a level each day to hit rank 5, which actually gets easier every day.