DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Haven't seen it mentioned here yet but Iron Banner is back this week, also.

I figured with that going, this is as good a week as any to get that max weekly Crucible achievement that I've been meaning to for forever.

Good question Craig, I wonder about that myself.  I saw online that one of the guns you can get through ranking up is the handcannon.  I'd like to check out the perk roll on that thing to see if it's worth the headache.  Always in search of a good handcannon. 

The thing I hate about Bad Juju is that you have to spend some much time doing strikes... which really isn't high on my priority list.

Oh yea, I'm pretty sure I'm never going to finish that one.

I checked on my progress this morning and couldn't believe I was only at 5 strikes.  Feels like i've done so many more since getting the bounty.

Which is wonderful since i can finally finish off the pocket infinity bounty again

I did that this morning.  Cheesed the Nightfall to finish the bounty and then ran it legit with my Hunter and my Titan alt to help out a group of random guys.  Got a Coiled Hiss 1919 which I kept and a pair of Titan boots that I shredded for shards.  Chest armor is now fully ascended for my Titan.

Finally got a Husk of the Pit today while knocking out one of Eris's bounties.   Bought an Embalming Orb and transferred the orb and the rifle to my Titan alt.  Ran around killing Hive and converted Husk of the Pit into Eidolon Ally. 

I guess I will be playing this game until Bungie gets around to creating the Hard version of the Crota raid.

I have a planning group meeting on Thursday afternoon so I won't be on shift Thursday night - Friday morning.  If you are on Rippa, let's try to knock out that last Urn mission on Thursday so that we can cash in on Xurday.

• Like 1

I feel like I went through a rite of passage earlier today: got my first legendary drop, only to take it to the cryptarch and discover it was COMPLETELY FUCKING WORTHLESS because it was hunter gear and I'm a warlock.

I feel like I went through a rite of passage earlier today: got my first legendary drop, only to take it to the cryptarch and discover it was COMPLETELY FUCKING WORTHLESS because it was hunter gear and I'm a warlock.

That is when you start shredding stuff for Ascendant Materials or save the stuff in your vault until you create an alt.

Eva what's your psn name?

On another note, glfpunk and his buddy are awesome. Those two came in during the bridge fight, and after some fuck ups on my crew's part, we wound up taking Crota down. It was pretty awesome. I walked away from that raid with 16 shards in all after breaking down a helmet and boots. Oh and I got the Ballerhorn. Hell yeah. Totally satisfying to beat him legit.

• Like 1

That shit was great, and the VoG was a ton of fun too.  Always more interesting when someone in the group is taking shots lol.  I like how my dumbass did the whole bridge encounter with Fatebringer and Patience and Time because I thought my Icebreaker and Ghorn were on another character only to realize that I had them all along like an idiot haha. 

Finally got the Mex Vythoclast.  I'll level it up and then vault it most likely but I've wanted it for a long time, sonofbitch just wouldn't drop for me.  The VoG run would have been an amazing loot haul in the old days.  Got boots, two chest pieces, helmet, Hezens Vengeance, a ship, and the Vex. 

• Like 1

Dude I kept laughing my ass off during VoG. That was maybe the toughest part. It's also been forever since I played VoG and forgot a bunch. I also have never gone into those first portals so when you guys were like "Craig, go" I just went in and promptly died. Good times though, glad I could kinda help.

• Like 1

Haha, our VoG runs at the Gatekeeper phase always start with littlebean saying "I'll keep the middle on lockdown by myself no problem" and within about ten seconds "who the fuck is shooting me!?" I swear, every time lol.  Those are such quick phases though, wiping doesn't even matter.  We just fuck with each other and have a good time of it. 

I've played with people before that have just one person go in each portal at the same time and solo the gatekeeper and grab the relic and then everyone goes to the middle and that way takes all of two minutes or so to complete but there's no room for error being by yourself so we just do it the long way. 

Hit 24 last night, nearly made VanguarVanguard 2 as well, and I am finally getting to be a decent fusion shot in PVE (PvP I continue to be a mills tone and probably always will.) Y'all can feel free to grab me for stuff, though the caveat that I am legally blind is in effct.

• Like 1

I also realized I'm way close to hitting 32. I forgot I have an exotic helm fully upgraded. So I only need 19 shards instead of 40. Considering I have 26 energy, I just need to hit rank 4 with Eris.

• Like 1

I think I can hit 32 with 12 more shards but it would involve me wearing the exotic chest piece instead of the Ruin Wings exotic gauntlets that I like to wear.  I need to hit up some Eris bounties because I do have 42 energy just sitting there. 

I am going to do a little bit of IB just to start getting my rank back up.

Eventually I figure I need to get the 36 gauntlets but I am not in a rush since I don't think I will ever do enough raids to get other 36 stuff.

Of course if I am going to have a 1.62 K/D and 22 kills every time I do an IB match like the first one I did, I am grinding the fuck out of that sucker.

• Like 1

Got the Compete in 5 Control Matches bounty this morning and went 3-2.  First match was a disaster because I was the lone capturer on a team of campers. 

Then I was on a 3 match win streak.  The new maps are really messing with players who aren't regular PvPers and I have lost enough Skirmish matches to be familiar with the layout for Burning Shrine and Asylum. 

I was on a team full of lowbies on the Asylum match and we were getting beat pretty badly, but suddenly we started mounting a comeback with about five minutes to go and pulled out a victory.   I was pretty happy.

Lost the last match in a heartbreaker on the Shores of Time.  That map is one of my favorites but it hasn't been kind to me lately.

I am on shift tonight, but I have a meeting at 1400 tomorrow so I will be at home at the time that normal humans are.  The only thing I really want to do is knock out the last sacred urn mission on my Titan before Xur leaves the Tower.

My Hunter main is about 600 points away from Crota's Bane Rank 4.  About damn time.

I am going to do a little bit of IB just to start getting my rank back up.

Eventually I figure I need to get the 36 gauntlets but I am not in a rush since I don't think I will ever do enough raids to get other 36 stuff.

Of course if I am going to have a 1.62 K/D and 22 kills every time I do an IB match like the first one I did, I am grinding the fuck out of that sucker.

I had an impressive win streak going with Mis and his crew in the IB before the DLC came out.  I boycotted the IB that hit after the DLC because I still think players should've been able to plus up old IB gear via the Reforge process.

I've been on night shift most of the week during this IB and I am headed up to Maryland for MLK weekend, so my playtime will be sporadic at best.  Not enough time to dedicate to getting rank with the IB.

I hate to be all negative nancy every time I come around here but damn...Bungie really shit the bed wide awake with the handling of the dlc and ib stuff this go 'round.  

I felt the same way JT, I really thought they should have given players an incentive for continually playing the game by allowing them to re-roll weapons and armor (at least the IB specific ones) earned in the IB.  But no, Bungie was like fuck you for playing this game, and it has been that way since it came out.  

Finally I'd had enough of the bullshit when the first IB hit post-dlc drop.  I rarely even game anymore, and if I do it's in short bursts.  I played the nightfall on tuesday ONCE and I got the knucklehead helm for my hunter....I've broken down three of those already.  I really don't see the point in playing at this juncture.

If I can catch the night shift on GTA splitting wigs in LS, I'll jump in and I may try out the evolve beta on xb1 but I'm really just burnt on video games now.  Rockstar has delayed heists again I suppose....Shocking, I know.  Last I heard it would be first update on the next gens, but I'm pretty sure they got an update around Christmas...then it was going to be January.  

Seems like there was a second golden age for video games a few years back, and I think we're on the other side of that now.  These days it feels like huge video game companies are just laying the dick to us E.T. style.

/end rant

I suspect that my Destiny playtime will trail off after a while. 

I still haven't gotten a post DLC secondary weapon for my Hunter or a post DLC heavy weapon for my Titan.  Once I get and fully ascend those weapons and do the Crota raid to check that block, I will transition back to GTA5 to finish the story mission and maybe tackle Watch Dogs.

Unless something major happens like the Sony content is released for XBox, Once I put Destiny down I probably won't pick it back up until House of Wolves comes out.

By then, I should have a XBone.  The Division will end up as my new obsession.

• Like 1