DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Yeah on Crota, if the sword guy is 32 you beat him in two attempts, before the ogres spawn.

I made my alt a long time ago and never could bring myself to level it up until this past week. Most of the story missions I had friends help power through. But most of it is doing bounties. I hit 20 before even doing a Mars mission.I agree it is a bit of a chore although it didn't seem too bad only doing it for an hour at a time. But for double the chance for exotics, raid gear, mats, and coins, it is well worth it to me. Both of my characters are Titans but my third will be a warlock just to change it up and experience a different style.

• Like 1

Yeah, I have a level 7 alt that is a Warlock, but I have so much raid Hunter gear that I'm thinking of making another Hunter. Seems weird, though. On the other hand, with regards to my Warlock, for whatever reason, I keep getting exotic gear and legendary gear for Warlocks. Like in the Nightfall this week, I didn't get fucked, and wound up with an exotic helm for a Warlock.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, the Nightfall, holy shit. Having maxed out Vision of Cornflakes, Hezen Vengeance and Pocket Infinity makes that a cake walk. In the Omnigul fight, I went in, fired off three rockets at Omnigul, popped my golden gun special and hit Omnigul with 3 out of 4 shots, and then threw my solar grenade thing and she was hurting bad. Like I said, such a cake walk this week and way easier than it was before when there was lightswitch and arc burn. Stupid arc burn.

• Like 4

Yeah, that Nightfall solar burn is pretty great this week. My friend had a maxed out Vision + Gjallarhorn, which helped us a bunch.

I was hitting 10k+ critical hits on Fallen Majors and 22k criticals on Vandals with my Black Hammer. It was ridiculous. 

Totally forgot today was Friday.

Xur - the creepy bastard - is all the way in the back in what you could basically call "the Pilot's Lounge"

He is selling Dragon's Breath which I could see some folks having strong feelings about.

I will finally be re-rolling Last Word. I don't think I need to buy the Patience & Time re-roll since I am pretty sure the one I bought a couple of weeks ago from Xur was the upgraded version.

And he has the re-roll for Ghalajhorn again so JT won't throw his controller.

• Like 1

Welp, another week of not spending strange coins. I have 50 at this point and could probably get 9 more before the reset. I was hoping Xur would sell the Suros to see what all the fuss is about.

The Dragon's Breath is pretty good, and might come in handy if you haven't already done the Nightfall. 

Save your coins. It's good, but if you already have the Gjallarhorn, you don't need to rush to get this.

You can get the Dragon's Breath from the first chest of the new raid. That's how I got it, and my friend got it that way too. Sure, it's random, but maybe you'll get lucky.

12 new missions for whatever Comet is sounds good. Not so sure I'll still be playing by the time that rolls around though.

• Like 2

I am trying to figure out how that guy thinks the major expansion (that Comet thing) will cost $60

And if he is right - there is no fucking way I am paying that

What would you expect to pay for basically a full game and two dlc packs?

The way he phrased it is that it was Expansion Pass I & II - which in theory would already be bought (like it was $20 for the Dark Below)

So if there is a cheaper price if you already have the Expansion Passes than that is another matter

If it means III and IV that that is different.

But it is also implying that Comet which is a much bigger DLC would cost the same as one of the regular expansion (which we already know is $20). So that - to me - drives home how overpriced the Expansion Packs are.

The expansion pass I and II bundled together for The Dark Below and House of Wolves was $35.

What is speculated is that there will be a physical release of Comet that will include The Dark Below and House of Wolves expansions in addition to the two new dlc pack subscriptions included.

I don't know about that but $60 for this Comet release plus it's two dlcs regardless of inclusion of past expansions seemed pretty good considering you will get a total of most likely 18 story missions and 7 strikes. Plus the raids.

• Like 2

Hey it's all speculation so I wouldn't be surprised if that's correct.  But from what I've read it's supposed to be a Destiny 1.5 with a ton of additional content.  The photo does support that as well.  It's a timeline photo that shows Destiny, it's expansions, Comet, and it's expansions.  I doubt it would be part of a timeline to just show a release of Destiny packaged with the first two expansion packs included.  Not to mention the release dates.  House of Wolves drops in March with Comet set to drop in September with the next two expansions set for after that.  With only three months between expansions I and II, I seriously doubt it would be 9+ months between expansion II and the next expansion.  It makes sense that it's a six month break if the next content is a more massive expansion.  

• Like 1

Are the Crucible rewards totally random or is there something I can do to get better rewards?

I also completed my Bad Juju exotic bounty. I like this gun very much, but I wish it did Arc, Solar or Void damage.

It's funny.

Being away for a week and then having other stuff to play - my interest in grinding in Destiny is very low.

That being said - I will always start my morning by doing the vanguard bounties with my Titan. And then depending on how I feel - I might do them with one of my alts.

I am trying to get to Eris Level 3 so I can upgrade at least one of these fucking Husk of the Pits that I have in my vault (I have 4 right now).

My desire to play in the Crucible though is almost non-existence.