DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

How are people easily getting 100 vanguard marks per week when it takes 30-40 minutes to do a strike which gives out a whopping 2-5 marks per go 'round? Is there something I'm missing here or are people just playing 24/7?

How are people easily getting 100 vanguard marks per week when it takes 30-40 minutes to do a strike which gives out a whopping 2-5 marks per go 'round? Is there something I'm missing here or are people just playing 24/7?

There is probably a lot of account sharing going on.   This happens all the time in the big MMOs.

There is probably a lot of account sharing going on.   This happens all the time in the big MMOs.

I've been doing bounties, strikes, and farming missions in the explore.  Sometimes two of those three overlap.  

Also, when you hit 20, it should unlock the daily/weekly heroic, and at 25 it unlocks the level 28 nightfall strike.  Those pay out very well.  Vault of glass opens at 24,  you'll need to be at least 26 from what I understand to have a shot at even getting into the vault, let alone survive.  

I need ascendant shards.

*edit*

To answer the question though, the economy is shite (around here anyway, what with the coal mines being shut down, our power plants getting taxed into shut down for burning coal).  I imagine it is much the same everywhere else.  People have time to play, not everyone works 40+, and has a family.  I just work a bad shift when there's nothing but trouble to get into once I'm off work.  It makes more sense to go home and kill shit on a video game.

Edited by misanthrope304

Sad, but true. (in regards to the comic)

I got my first purple last night, and it was a PULSE RIFLE! Yay me, because that's what I run with my bladedancer! It's pretty awesome.

I also found out that you don't have to get to level fifteen with each character to pick a sub class. I rolled a warlock after unlocking bladedancer with my main, and I was able to pick sunsinger from level one. I didn't, because I like Nova Bomb, but it'll make my plan to have one of each subclass (if I can have six characters) go quicker.

• Like 1

Sad, but true. (in regards to the comic)

I got my first purple last night, and it was a PULSE RIFLE! Yay me, because that's what I run with my bladedancer! It's pretty awesome.

I also found out that you don't have to get to level fifteen with each character to pick a sub class. I rolled a warlock after unlocking bladedancer with my main, and I was able to pick sunsinger from level one. I didn't, because I like Nova Bomb, but it'll make my plan to have one of each subclass (if I can have six characters) go quicker.

Yeah, I noticed that last week.  I think it's a glitch, and bungie may soon patch this.  I should probably get started on my titan before that happens.

Congrats on the pulse rifle.

Played some Crucible earlier to finish out 3 bounties giving me 5000 exp each! Anyway, in the midst of doing that, glfpunk got on. He played well for his team and I did well for mine. We got to play on the same side once and I felt like we were tearing it up, until we looked at the post match stats and saw that the kills leader on our team had like 40+ kills. Jesus.

• Like 1

I am glad that people here have not fallen into the online consensus of "this game's story is insanely short and wears thin once you beat the story." 

It keeps me interested in picking this thing up in the next week or so.

I personally have come to that conclusion but for me, Destiny is all about the catharsis found in shooting things in the head while talking about pro wrestling and sports and movies and shit with my fellow DVDVR members.

If all I did was play the game, I'd get tired of it pretty quickly

That's the same reason I'm playing GTA at this point.  I barely touch it on my own.  I'll probably play some Destiny by myself, because I'm way behind others on getting my character started/leveled up.

I did finally manage to unwrap Destiny yesterday and then promptly fell asleep for two hours once the install started.

If you are on tonight when I get home from work I'll help you run through some stuff.

Taking Craig's advice I started playing the story on hard for the extra experience. The last moon mission went great, however the first Venus mission has been an utter disaster. I quit in frustration after I finish the fifth or sixth wave only to have a more powerful wave follow. My lvl 14 Titan was out of ammo and down to his last ditch effort and jumped out in front of three of those big mofos delivering my super charged melee attack that sent three flying only to have the fourth strike him dead.

Before the Venus debacle I played the last half of the last Moon mission a second time with halfaloaf and it was good times. The missions are 100 times easier when there is more than one playing and both are a level or two higher than the level of the stage.

https://twitter.com/bungie/status/512697475593797635

User Actions
 Following
M3fuc9FI_bigger.pngBungieVerified account@Bungie

Bungie would like to request that you please do not pose for selfies in the Tower in a manner that is degrading to our vendors. Thank you.

my favorite reply

Daryl Roberts ‏@sorahn  3h

@bungie Tell your vendors to stop degrading my engrams!

I am guilty of this.  I positioned my beta character over the cryptarch so it looked like I was taking a big healthy dump on his head.  Clan member slimyelbow took a picture of this I believe.

Has anyone noticed that if you go to get Fresh bounties (as in, right after the 24 hour reset period) they're a lot more achievable than the ones left late in the day? I was on this morning and got a stack of Patrol Cosmodrome 6 times, Cosmodrome Sensor Mites, and 9000 xp without dying.

Now, I didn't manage the third one, because it spawned a Devil Walker special event right on top of me when I wasn't in any cover. But that was OK, because killing it got me a Gold event thingy, which Ikora swapped for a Vanguard Bounty. If I can complete 5 strikes without dying, I can have a Purple gun.

Has anyone noticed that if you go to get Fresh bounties (as in, right after the 24 hour reset period) they're a lot more achievable than the ones left late in the day? I was on this morning and got a stack of Patrol Cosmodrome 6 times, Cosmodrome Sensor Mites, and 9000 xp without dying.

Now, I didn't manage the third one, because it spawned a Devil Walker special event right on top of me when I wasn't in any cover. But that was OK, because killing it got me a Gold event thingy, which Ikora swapped for a Vanguard Bounty. If I can complete 5 strikes without dying, I can have a Purple gun.

Same fucking thing happened to me, same bounties, same devil walker, but I was on the 360, about 5-7am est....So I dumped (heheh) two mags into the legs of the devil walker, and when  it dropped down I ran in close to put three golden slugs into it's dome.  I immediately double jumped away but I jumped into some life sucking deal that instant death'd my lvl 25 ass.  

I was @ 8000+ xp.

Second time it dropped down I emptied my rocket launcher into it and it was all over.  Got gold on that one.

I'm pretty sure someone in Seattle heard the MF curse.

I ended up running through again to finish off that bounty before crashing at 7, ended up getting that vanguard armor since it level'd me up.  

What pisses me off to no end is when you are running a patrol, there's no other ppl around and an event happens.  Granted by myself I should be able to handle a level 9 captain in about 30 seconds and that's goofing off.  However this fuck doesn't take damage for about 4 minutes.  After that, he's in high tram getting to his exfil point.

I'm over the level cap (lvl20) and I still got the rest of the game's story to play!

The comic perfectly describes my experience with Destiny -- the drops in this game freakin' suck. I've noticed there are fewer players I'm finding in the main game online as a result and in Crucible as well.

I say 'phooey' to you Bladedancers. You aren't Michael Flatley. Empty your clips like real men. ;)

We rolled with Robert a bit and got him three out of the five gold chests and showed him where a couple of the dead ghosts were..

I am pushing Level 19 and am itching to get to the Moon, but I'd at least like to get through this Devils Lair strike with a full fireteam of clan members.  Rippa has bet me that Rob will be higher level than Mark by Monday and we'll end up doing the strike with him next week.  We will see.

I will be in Maryland with my girlfriend and my kid, so you have got the weekend to level up and get your gear straight. 

Be nice and overpowered so we can waltz through The Devil's Lair without dying.

I will be back on Sunday and should be online around 6PM or so.  If you and Rippa are on, we are going to hit the Fallen where they live.  

That should also be the last Gold chest we need to collect.  Be sure to get some ammo reload consumables from the gunsmith.

I will prob be watching CMLL Sunday night until 2100 but be playing before and after (since i dont need to worry about the nfl).

I think i got about 50% leveled on level 9 today. I just need to get thru the finak battle on the hivemind level. I died like 5 times tuesday and then left for work.

I will prob be watching CMLL Sunday night until 2100 but be playing before and after (since i dont need to worry about the nfl).

I think i got about 50% leveled on level 9 today. I just need to get thru the finak battle on the hivemind level. I died like 5 times tuesday and then left for work.

We rolled with Robert a bit and got him three out of the five gold chests and showed him where a couple of the dead ghosts were..

I am pushing Level 19 and am itching to get to the Moon, but I'd at least like to get through this Devils Lair strike with a full fireteam of clan members.  Rippa has bet me that Rob will be higher level than Mark by Monday and we'll end up doing the strike with him next week.  We will see.

Not sure how much I'll get to play over the weekend.  Gotta go finish up the endless baby registry before the first of my wife's 97 scheduled baby showers.  Plus go to at least one other baby store and pick out the crib, changing table, and rocker.  Assuming it stops raining 10 inches a day, the rest of my time will be taken up sitting in a field of sunflowers shooting things out of the sky.

I finally got my Titan to level 15 last night. 

These words apply to me too.

Part of this was that I cashed in multiple bounties last night so I got two levels.

JT and I had the misfortunte of playing a Control match where the entire other squad was made up of dudes from the same Clan and they were all 20+

Thankfully the Control bounty is to just participate... not win.

What pisses me off to no end is when you are running a patrol, there's no other ppl around and an event happens.  Granted by myself I should be able to handle a level 9 captain in about 30 seconds and that's goofing off.  However this fuck doesn't take damage for about 4 minutes.  After that, he's in high tram getting to his exfil point.

This is the same dude we were bitching about.

He never takes damage and then fucking takes off like Usain God Damn Bolt.

Stupid everything

• Like 1