DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Regarding level 20+s in the Crucible, stop complaining and start killing motherfuckers. I've had 0 problems with killing level 20+s. I do find that everyone uses Fusion Rifles (the ones you charge up) and the maps are a little small-ish to use a sniper rifle. Beyond that, I find that when heavy ammo drops, you MUST go and grab it quick and you MUST be using a rocket launcher. The other night when I played I had 2 triple kills in the same match. I could see the machine gun being useful as a suppression tool when you're trying to hold a relic/artifact zone, but the rocket launcher is the better way to go. Also, use the scatter grenade. I've had so many kills from beyond the grave.

• Like 1

My point about the Level 20 was just that they have access to weapons and armor that I do not have yet.

Your post was that one MUST use a rocket launcher and a scatter grenade. I have neither of those items.

So to me - my point stands.

It's not that I am not going to keep playing Crucible just that it will be a grind.

And more fucking Warlocks need to play for that eventual bounty (My group was 2 Titans (me and another guy) and 10 fucking Hunters)

Normally I am loath to use or maintain multiple loadouts other than what is on my person, but I can see that this Crucible bullshit is going to make me store a Fusion Rifle and a Rocket Launcher in my vault and I am going to have a Crucible loadout and a Free Roam loadout.

My point about the Level 20 was just that they have access to weapons and armor that I do not have yet.

Your post was that one MUST use a rocket launcher and a scatter grenade. I have neither of those items.

So to me - my point stands.

It's not that I am not going to keep playing Crucible just that it will be a grind.

And more fucking Warlocks need to play for that eventual bounty (My group was 2 Titans (me and another guy) and 10 fucking Hunters)

My response was directed at POE. Yes, your point does stand. You will gain access to those items at some point and the playing field will even out, regardless of armor, which I believe is nerfed a bit in the Crucible. POE's complaint was much different.

If you wait till this evening we can run that Level 5 mission together since that is the one I am on too. Thankfully I am now Level 7 so I feel comfortable doing missions by myself though it easier with a fire team.

I am still trying to figure out what the fuck was supposed to happen with that timed event with the Level 7 Captain who wouldn't take damage and then ran away.

Fucking coward

I think I know what that was.  I ran into one of those the other day.  Basically, the Fallen Captain is running around going to check points on the map.  I you don't kill him before he reaches all the checkpoints, you basically fail the public event.  I rant into that same problem on the moon because there was no one else going after him.

The default fireteam setting is for friends only, to change this so randoms can join go to menu > roster > select the box beside fireteam to change setting.

Just played the level with the sword and it was amazing.

The Director is light on details for the Raid in Destiny. This is by design. The most elaborate mission ever created by Bungie is a mystery as much as it is a challenge – a puzzle and a gauntlet. The race to see who can be first to solve it - with their cunning and their skill - is about to begin.

At 2:00 AM Pacific on Tuesday, September 16th, the Raid will accept challengers in Destiny. That’s 9:00 AM GMT.

Become Legend.

Not everyone will qualify. Among those who do, not everyone will succeed. To even approach this trial of teamwork and combat, the Guardians in your Fireteam will need to be Level 26.

Gear up. Team up.

Bring with you a team that has made the commitment to work together. Configure your loadouts so that you are powerful together in a variety of ways. Communicate with each other. The Raid will demand that you operate as a team. Cooperation is the key to your success.

Follow the Leader.

It’s very likely that you will not finish the Raid in one sitting. Your Fireteam leader is crucial to your eventual potential success. Your progress will be saved for one week. To resume your mission where you left off, you’ll need to follow the same Fireteam leader back into battle.

Enjoy the View.

There are those among you who are certain that they will be first. They have accepted our dare with a pledge to broadcast their first attempt. If you’re not yet prepared to undertake this rite of passage, you’re welcome to watch as they venture into the hostile unknown.

I'm finally getting better at The Crucible. I guess most of the cheaters/hackers are gone now.

It mystifies me how this game is getting a 75 MetaCritic average. I just did a Strike tonight and it is the most amazing thing I've ever done -- now to do this with clan members and without dying (UGH).

JT and I each knocked out a bunch of stuff last night without actually progressing on the story.

2 Gold chests, I got two more bounties. I know JT also got 50 spinmetals.

We played a couple of control matches in Crucible. I still wish there was some sort of team balancing as our first match in our team was one level 20 dude and everyone else was less than 10. The other team had 5 guys Level 18 or more (including two who were 26). Yes - in theory the level difference is balanced - but what isn't balanced is me getting one shotted by their over powered weapons.

I also cursed the heavens about the dude I shot point blank in the chest with my rocket launcher and he didn't even flinched.

Still - meleeing dudes in the Crucible is to way too amusing. I am assuming they are all swearing on their headsets like when we melee stout in GTA

Amazon is still being stupid.

Rather than ship my bundle to my APO address, apparently the first time they shipped it to somewhere in Virginia. The tracking thing on Amazon.com said "delivered" and I was no longer able to track the package.

So, I called Amazon, asked them what the hell was going on, and they went and sent a second package. This one says it has been shipped out. Looking at the order, it says that it is "Out for Delivery."

In Louisville, Kentucky.

Neither I, nor my APO address, is located in Louisville, Kentucky.

So, we'll have to see how this ends up.

JT and I each knocked out a bunch of stuff last night without actually progressing on the story.

2 Gold chests, I got two more bounties. I know JT also got 50 spinmetals.

We played a couple of control matches in Crucible. I still wish there was some sort of team balancing as our first match in our team was one level 20 dude and everyone else was less than 10. The other team had 5 guys Level 18 or more (including two who were 26). Yes - in theory the level difference is balanced - but what isn't balanced is me getting one shotted by their over powered weapons.

I also cursed the heavens about the dude I shot point blank in the chest with my rocket launcher and he didn't even flinched.

Still - meleeing dudes in the Crucible is to way too amusing. I am assuming they are all swearing on their headsets like when we melee stout in GTA

I've played enough MMOs to know for a fact that stat-based PvP is bullshit anyway but that matchmaking in Destiny can die in a car fire. 

Rippa and I finally got smart during the second Crucible and took our intergender tag-team from flag to flag and double-ganked high-ranking players but there was now way our White / Green gear could consistantly cope with the defense and damage of ubers wearing blue and purple gear and spamming fusion rifle shots..

With so many players around the world online at the same time, Bungie needs to tweak that fucking algorithm so that the playing field is much more level.  If I am going to win a Crucible at my current level and gear, I am probably going to have to be dragged to victory, kicking and screaming.

I am going to compete in at least three more Control matches because there is a bounty to collect and I could use the points towards Crucible marks.

I cheated to find one of the Gold Loot Chests we discovered last night and the other was a happy accident.  I was hauling ass through the canyon near the Mothyards fleeing from a ?? Dreg and saw the cave up in the face of the ridge.   I've found loot chests before in the caves so I took a look and GOLD~!

Only one more Gold Loot Chest to go and we will nab it when we hit the Devil's Lair.  I will hold off doing the Devil's Lair strike because there is an achievement involved in going in with a full fireteam made up of clan members.

The plot of the story is pretty interesting so far but it is hard to piece together when you are playing.   So far, all I know is that there is some sort of rogue AI named after an infamous Russian mystic that is guarding something at the Cosmodrome.

Yeah - I am thinking the Fireteam achievements are going to have to be done on like the Level 2 mission otherwise there is going to be lots of "dammit Mark" moments.

Especially since there seems to be only 4 of us on the 360.

Ideally I can complete 3 Control missions today since I am "working from home" but we shall see.

Yeah - I am thinking the Fireteam achievements are going to have to be done on like the Level 2 mission otherwise there is going to be lots of "dammit Mark" moments.

Nope, if we get through a strike with a full fireteam made of clan members, that is two achievements for the price of one.  The Devil's Lair is calling our name.  We have to go in full on Torneo Cibernetico and flying the DVDR banner.. 

You can get the Flawless Striker achievement if you personally finish the strike mission without dying.  I don't think that you forfeit the unlock if another member of the fireteam dies.  So long as we watch our shields and retreat when we get in trouble, we should make it through okay.

And yeah, I know that I am talking about the founding members of TLJ trying to make a mission run where no one gets put down.  Easier said than done.

I am going to suffer through three Control matches when I get home  from work so that I can collect this dumb Crucible bounty, and then transition to GTA5 when everyone else is online.  If no one GTA guys jump in while we're doing that, we can press on with the Level 5 story mission (The Last Array). 

We will wait until Mark is online before we do the Devil's Lair.

I stepped into The Crucible for the first time last night....and I'm not so good. 0 for 5. It's my first foray into PvsP (never got into Call of Duty or anything like that) so I'm horrendously bad at getting snuck up on and the guys running around at level 25 and killing my poor level 12 guy don't help.

The Devil's Lair is calling our name.

I tried this one last night and it was pretty hard. I had two randoms on my Fire Team and we were doing pretty well on our 3rd try when the third guy just left. Me and the 2nd guy held our own for about 5 tries but would inevitably get killed too far away from each other to revive each other in a timely fashion before the other guy got merced as well.

I did the Devil's Lair during the Beta test with randoms.  One guy was pretty good but the other was a flake.  He would wander off and get kacked and the other guy and I would die bunches of times trying to rescue him.  Finally he bailed and the two of us that were left killed the final boss enemies. 

Funny thing is that the BBEG's didn't hand us that much trouble:  it was the fucking walker tank that gave us fits.  I will defintely be consulting the YouTubes for tactical suggestions.

I kinda wish there were more ME3-ish players in this game that were actually concerned about the success of the squad and mission completion, but there are a lot of immature twinks running around the Tower.  

Everytime I log on, some clan is forning a human pyramid so that their members can take a flying leap off of the jumpship docks.  Morons..

Players are already 20+ and the game is only a week old today.  

Bungie had better take the EA / Bioware stance for ME and offer special events every weekend or people are going to get bored in a hurry.

These proposed expansion packs need to arrive in a hurry and have lots and lots of content.

From yesterday's talk

Eliminate the Target

Locations: Mothyards, Forgotten Shore, Rocketyard

An enemy appears in the area and slowly makes its way to a certain destination. Your objective is simply to eliminate it before it gets there. It is always a special enemy with more Vitality and aggressive behavior than the norm. Its progress through five checkpoints is displayed on the left, along with a timer. To complete the event, take down the enemy before the timer expires and the foe reaches checkpoint 5.

From yesterday's talk

Eliminate the Target

Locations: Mothyards, Forgotten Shore, Rocketyard

An enemy appears in the area and slowly makes its way to a certain destination. Your objective is simply to eliminate it before it gets there. It is always a special enemy with more Vitality and aggressive behavior than the norm. Its progress through five checkpoints is displayed on the left, along with a timer. To complete the event, take down the enemy before the timer expires and the foe reaches checkpoint 5.

I could not put a dent in his shields for jack shit.

By comparison, after Rippa logged off, I piddled around and collected the 30 Melee Kills Without Dying bounty and the Walker Tank public event went down near the Cosmopolis.   I and three other players almost took it down in record time and none of us died. 

I had just gotten Level 9 and the other two players were Level 7 and Level 8.

If three mid-level players with not so great gear can nearly take out a tank, why was this other guy was so hard to stop. 

Either that encounter is bugged or there is some trick to bringing down his shield.  Maybe use Arc or Void damage weapons or something?

I am curious about weapon types and what various things co. I have a sniper rifle that does fire damage.

My Sniper Rifle does Arc Damage and my new Machine Gun does Void Damage.

I imagine that damage types will be more important the more that our quality of opposition improves.  Some enemies are going to be resistant / vulnurable to certain damage types.  

The Hive are all undead so they should traditionally be weaker to fire damage while void damage shouldn't do diddly to them. 

Almost forgot,  Rippa and I by the grace of God got a Gold medal ranking in some public event.   I got an Ascendant Energy shard (classified as materiel) that I assume I am going to need to upgrade Blue or Purple gear. 

I remember Josh sending me an emphatic PM that he finally got to use the half billion spools of Sapphire Wire he'd been hoarding because he was afraid to throw it away.  He used it to upgrade some of his Hunter armor pieces.