DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Marathon session of Destiny Beta....24 hours plus...brain melted...*wipes drool*

Got RUkered ranked up running the missions on levels above him, he goes into the Crucible/Iron Banner deal yesterday at level 7 and wrecks mofo's with his Titan securing a 3.25 K/D for the match.  Dan joins us after the disconnect with Mark & Phil and we put the moon on Hard or whatever and go kill everything.  We explored the depths, killed shit we really didn't have any business fighting, died, got lost, but found the way out. Good times.   

I really hope they let me keep that sniper rifle I got from the 1st moon run.  It is tits.  After the second moon run, and putting countless (well, probably 8-14) rounds into those 2 level 12 Hallowed Knights I was able to fully upgrade it, and know it does ungodly damage on headshots.    

Crucible- Fun with 6 who know what they're doing, not so much solo'ing it.  Received a level 20 legendary hand cannon that does almost 400 damage (can't use) for playing in that shit yesterday.  Still got my K/D positive before shitting the bed the last 10 games or so last knight....but at that point, I had been awake for 36 hours, my hands were a little shakey.  Sometimes I can handle sleep deprevation, I once slept 6 hours total over the course of 8 days and was able to function.  Granted fine motor skills weren't that great, I wouldn't want to solder a circuit board or anything.  

So much knowledge was gained.

And as of right now, it's still going on.  I hope they let it run till 9/9....I'd play the fuck out of it. I really hope they let me keep my shit, I'd love to wreck some fools with that Hand Cannon but I don't see it happening.

As far as the special gift we got for playing, it may have been the leveled uncommon weapon for playing the moon (sniper rifle in my case).  I hear it's supposed to be an emblem or some shit, haven't seen it.  Also, I was going by what Bungie posted on Facebook: "PLAY Destiny today (7/26) at 2 PM Pacific.  Earn permanent rewards that you'll enjoy beyond the Beta.  Explore the moon."

One last thing, before I forget, Phil and Mark, you're showing in the group, not in the clan.  It's a beta, we'll get it figured out.  Get on bungie.net if you can and see if there is a join clan, (there's a group and a clan).  It shows you both as members of the group, not the clan.  Strange.

One last thing, before I forget, Phil and Mark, you're showing in the group, not in the clan.  It's a beta, we'll get it figured out.  Get on bungie.net if youcan and see if there is a join clan, see there's a group and a clan.  It shows you both as members of the group, not the clan.  Strange.

I'll let them in once Rippa makes me stop waiting...

No, actually, I have no idea why that is.

Fatalist Prophet  When does the Beta end?

The Destiny Beta ends when we say it ends. For days now, press releases have circulated that foretold of the end on July 27th. The Wolf, our Theoretical Physicist, has told me that he wants some room to maneuver close to the conclusion of our little social experiment. So, I’m not telling you exactly when. Please play until we nail this thing shut.

Saw that as I was trying to figure out if I joined the wrong thing (clan/group/whatever)

Yeah - when I search for DVDR it only says there is a group - no clan

So yeah... I don't know if you need to make both or something but yeah

(I also only verified my email address with Bungie this afternoon so I wonder if that was it)

So, is it done for now?

I tried logging in four or five times, but get an error message.

I still see people on my xbl list playing the beta, so it must be running at this moment.  They are still testing it however, they're (bungie) doing stuff (probably watching flash mobs of dancers at the tower)

also, this:

Saturday, July 26th at 2:00 PM PDT.

You will need to be very brave (and perhaps a bit patient) to help us reach our goal. To help you stay focused on our objectives, we’ve given you one of your own. Everyone who makes an appearance will earn a nameplate to help you prove that you were there when the record for concurrent players was set before the launch of the game. It will help you to be a rare and unique snowflake when Destiny launches in September.

stress-participation-emblem.png?cv=39835

so that's the thing we get to keep for playing yesterday I guess

I'm still trouble shooting this *while at work, trying to do...you know...work*, I saw that we need at least four members to start a clan, Fresh wasn't showing up as a member so he got demoted *temporarily, trying to get us up and running to get the in-game clan tag thing or whatever.

Also, you have to go into the group, and set it as your Destiny clan.  I've created another bungie.net account to troubleshoot this, since obviously I can't do it as an admin of the group/clan.

*edit* I'm getting 500 errors on bungie.net using chrome and firefox right now.  

img_webmaster.png

Bungie.net needs a little break. We're pampering it with some much deserved maintenance.

Bungie.net a besoin de prendre une courte pause. Il se laisse présentement dorloter avec une maintenance bien méritée. Merci de repasser plus tard.

Bungie.net necesita un respiro. Estamos dándole el cariño necesario para mantenerla en perfecto estado. Vuelve dentro de un rato.

Bungie.net braucht 'ne kleine Pause. Wir päppeln es mit wohlverdienter Wartung.

In questo momento Bungie.net si sta prendendo un (meritato) momento di pausa, causa lavori in corso. Vi preghiamo di essere pazienti.

Bungie.net precisa de uma folga. Estamos mimando-a com uma merecida manutenção.

Edited by misanthrope304
  • Like 1

Alright, so...on your bungie.net accounts, go to the GROUP page

from here :

DVDR [DVDR]

"Death, to them ALL!"

----------------

select whichever you're playing on (set as xbox, set as playstation) clan, and you will be added to clan.

you need a linked xbl/psn account

• Like 1

, I saw that we need at least four members to start a clan, Fresh wasn't showing up as a member so he got demoted *temporarily, trying to get us up and running to get the in-game clan tag thing or whatever.

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!! My precious!!!!!!!!

So when does combat training start?

What, nothing?  Alright, that was a poor attempt at humor, I apologize

*edit*

goddamnit

BtmFaShIgAARiCo.jpg

I was hoping that I would get at least a few more hours to play it tonight, seeing as how I'm off work for two fucking days now...

So, is it done for now?

I tried logging in four or five times, but get an error message.

No, it was server maintenence I think.   I got back on just in time to get a Gold level ranking for the Devil Walker group interaction.

Also managed to get through the Devil's Lair with two of the worst randoms ever.  Got a proper cloak for my Hunter to replace the shitty Makeshift Scarf just in time for the beta to end;  BOOOOOO!!!!

• Like 1

Request to join clan inbound.

And Aw, shit, I done messed around and found the Grimoire.

I am a video game backstory mark whose obsession about codex mythology is only exceeded by Rippa's OCD.

I was about to bounce to take my girlfriend out to dinner and go see Lucy (quick review.  It was fucking weird but sorta in a good way.) so I was about a minute out from the Scale Test.

I left my guy sitting in Tower at about 4:59PM EDT, so hopefully I wasn't booted by system idle before being on long enough to get the exclusive emblem.  From what I gather from the Destiny homesite, you just had to be online; you didn't have to go and do the story missions on the Moon.

• Like 1

I am a video game backstory mark whose obsession about codex mythology is only exceeded by Rippa's OCD.

Well I am the one still clamoring for a hard bound Mass Effect Codex

I am thinking about creating an Exo Titan for my main character since we have a wealth of Warlocks and Hunters, but I am partial to agility types.  It will be a hard sell to my preferred

gameplay style.

That and I've got a couple of rare materiels in my inventory courtesy of the two Gold medal group interaction encounters.

I don't particularly care for Halo style deathmatches, but I probably should've jumped into the Crucible once or twice just to see how well the Role Player mechanics meshed with the PVP element..

I wish the Beta were open for another week.  I could stand to do a little more gear farming, but deleting the beta frees up five gigs on my console.

I am thinking about creating an Exo Titan for my main character since we have a wealth of Warlocks and Hunters, but I am partial to agility types. It will be a hard sell to my preferred

gameplay style.

That and I've got a couple of rare materiels in my inventory courtesy of the two Gold medal group interaction encounters.

I don't particularly care for Halo style deathmatches, but I probably should've jumped into the Crucible once or twice just to see how well the Role Player mechanics meshed with the PVP element..

I wish the Beta were open for another week. I could stand to do a little more gear farming, but deleting the beta frees up five gigs on my console.

I thought characters were not transferable to the real game.

I am thinking about creating an Exo Titan for my main character since we have a wealth of Warlocks and Hunters, but I am partial to agility types. It will be a hard sell to my preferred

gameplay style.

I don't particularly care for Halo style deathmatches, but I probably should've jumped into the Crucible once or twice just to see how well the Role Player mechanics meshed with the PVP element..

I wish the Beta were open for another week. I could stand to do a little more gear farming, but deleting the beta frees up five gigs on my console.

I thought characters were not transferable to the real game.

I think that Bungie is still on the fence about transferring beta data to launch. 

It would kinda suck if they didn't since they had that Iron Banner special event during the Beta test and unlocked the Moon for two hours. 

It would really blow goats if Bungie didn't allow players that bothered to take part in those events to keep the items they earned.

• Like 1

Gonzo, fightingokra, and mattopersonalit are not showing up as members of the clan.  you have to select set as (xbox or playstation, as seen in post #186 in this very thread).

Also, I see Fresh began working the 'abuse of power' gimmick immediately upon being given a hammer.  Good stuff.

Now, I just need to figure out where I'm going to come up with the extra $600 bucks to put into this game (ps4/ghost edition).  I liked the beta enough that I am contemplating that.  Unfortunately the company I work for doesn't have any more pre-orders available for the ghost or limited edition (save for the ps4).  I may have to pay the full price at gamestop or the dreaded wal-mart to have day one access.  They do have the White ps4 destiny bundle's which are kind of intriguing. 

And JT, I dig the dislike button as well.  I think I read somewhere on bungie.net or maybe @bungie that if you were in the tower or actively playing you will get the emblem.  I'll copy & paste when I find it again, with link for proof.  I think you will get it.  However, that boss ass Sniper Rifle which was dealing 1986 damage on headshots that I got from the moon...I really hope I can keep that.  I know within two levels (10) it would be underpowered.

Our character ranks are still on our Bungie.net profiles, so there is hope.  Not sure how much, but a little.