DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLE-1 "Outbreak" on 3/2/14 (With Results!)

Kevin Wilson

So, let me get this straight...

They put the Tag Team Titles on Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards on a houseshow, so they could put on the much better sounding Richards/Edwards vs. Hayashi/Kondo.

Then on the day of the show, they decide to put Robbie E. and Jessie Godderz back into the match, to make it a 3 Way and put the titles back on those guys.

TNA! TNA! TNA!

Also don't forget that after putting the belts on Davey and Eddie on a tapes Impact they lost a match.

So, let me get this straight...

They put the Tag Team Titles on Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards on a houseshow, so they could put on the much better sounding Richards/Edwards vs. Hayashi/Kondo.

Then on the day of the show, they decide to put Robbie E. and Jessie Godderz back into the match, to make it a 3 Way and put the titles back on those guys.

TNA! TNA! TNA!

CornetteFace-FuckThisCompany.jpg

While I don't expect a good real number, 'before the show' shots in Japan are famous for not really showing the full picture since fans don't always get there until after the show starts.  Not that I am expecting a packed house or anything.

True but thats the only shot i've seen so far.

The show looks...........HUSTLE!

I can't say i'm looking forward to any of the matches but Takayama/Abyss has a freaky quality to it.

140302_kak_w-1_pict15.jpg

Really hope that Sanada/Aries delivered.

has a Sanada singles match ever really "delivered"? the guy has seemed like a lost cause to me for years now (granted I haven't seen anything from him since his TNA stint...). 

I have always liked Sanada.  He is the 'style' of wrestler that I like so I probably give him the benefit of the doubt, although I think he is still in the 'has potential' range rather than the 'delivers on a regular basis' range.  I thought his match vs. KAI at the first W-1 show was good, but their match at the next event was very not good.  But I try to be optimistic :)  But he hasn't been in TNA yet, you thinking of Okada or Akira Raijin?

I don't think I confused him with Okada or Raijin, I think I just wrongly assumed he had already done a tour there since the W1/TNA collaboration started. So my bad, doyyy. And yeah, to each their own, I'm certainly a lot harsher on Sanada and KAI than I need to be because I dislike that style and find them to be poor imitations (probably by design) of Tanahashi, as opposed to say Soya who I love to death because of my bias toward burly stiff guys. 

I did like the match with Akiyama mentioned above, but would agree it was a big carry-job. So was the TV title match he had with Honma, which was a fun match but involved a lot of Sanada going through the motions and Honma working his butt off. But then Honma's another perfect example of a guy who I am a total mark for. 

Kea in W1 makes me sad. Seems like even the last few guys who I was hoping would stick with AJPW (Kea, Soya, even Kazushi Miyamoto...) have all jumped ship. 

Surprise was Taiyo Kea (better than Bob Sapp).

Dammit, wacky random matches no one ever thought they'd see (or wanted to see) are the only way this promotion is going to survive.  Kea makes way too much sense.  Mutoh is going to have to try harder if he wants to reach WAR levels.  Or even IGF levels.  If Inoki were booking, the surprise guest would have been.... um, Stephanie McMahon?  Targar, Lord of the Volcano?  Lash Leroux?

Is Kea in business school and still making a few appearances on the side, or did nothing come of that?

Surprise was Taiyo Kea (better than Bob Sapp).

Dammit, wacky random matches no one ever thought they'd see (or wanted to see) are the only way this promotion is going to survive.  Kea makes way too much sense.  Mutoh is going to have to try harder if he wants to reach WAR levels.  Or even IGF levels.  If Inoki were booking, the surprise guest would have been.... um, Stephanie McMahon?  Targar, Lord of the Volcano?  Lash Leroux?

Bill Ding.

• 3 weeks later...

Really hope that Sanada/Aries delivered.

has a Sanada singles match ever really "delivered"? the guy has seemed like a lost cause to me for years now (granted I haven't seen anything from him since his TNA stint...). 

Ha you were right, Sanada match was actively not good.  Something just never clicked between the two.