DVDVR Message Board

R.I.P. Nelson (Viscera/Mabel/Big Daddy V) Frazier

Ace

I'll always remember this from the sleaze thread, if for nothing else the mental image:

263. Remember back in the final days of the ministry when Viscera was tearing up the jobber circuit left and right? Well his abrupt firing shocked fans but I remember reading the real story of why he was fired. I don't remember exactly but it went something like this. It was before a live taping of monday night raw and big Vis hadn't been seen all night. Well Vince Mcmahon is in his office doing paperwork when Shawn Michaels busts in, which was odd because at this time Michaels wasn't even on the active roster. He was still playing up his neck injury angle at this time. So anyway Michaels busts in and tells Vince he just saw Viscera on the hood of a limo snorting the longest line of cocaine he'd ever seen in his life. This had to be a big freakin line of cocaine cause you have to assume Michaels had seen some big ones in his life. Vince is outraged instantly, but before he can say anything Vis walks in Coked up out of his mind. Michaels then proceeds to just say "ain't that right vis?" Viscera in his cocaine voice replies "yeah... thats right shawn." Vince stands to his feet and tells Vis he's fired on the spot. So it was right back to the 3rd ring of hell, memphis wrestling, for Vis. Fans never even got a fairwell match.

Being his size all those years it may have been inevitable even with the weight loss because of all the damage he possibly did to his heart over the years, but it could also be genetic. Who really knows?

• Like 1

This is sad, I loved his Big Daddy V run in ECW - great monster heel booking, throwing Boogeyman through a blackboard, squashing jobbers in handicap matChe's, destroying Dreamer in a Hardcore match. Shame his match with CM Punk for the title wasn't up to much as I totally brought into him winning the belt by that point. Still, his later team with Mark Henry looked very intimidating and was too short lived. RIP.

Mabel winning KOTR and getting a major title shot at 23 is a bit astounding in retrospect. Followed by him getting canned by the WWE at 23 and not really getting much of a singles resurgence for around 8-10 years

I'll always remember the 1995 RSPW/ECW Con for Mick's dumbfounded reaction to that as he bummed someone's WON in the hotel lobby. "Mabel won King of the Ring? Mabel?"

• Like 1

Frazier is getting a lot of run on Twitter in regards to people gushing over to what a wonderful human being he was. (Similiar to the sentiment following John Tenta's passing.) It is really sweet though it would have been swell if folks also told things like this when he was still alive.

Trish StratusVerified account

‏@trishstratuscom
Sad to hear the news about my friend Nelson. He was a talented, funny teddy bear w/ a big heart-thankful 4 the time I had to get to know him

therealSNITSKY ‏@BIGGENESNITSKY  1h

RIP #NelsonFrazier lost another great friend... Such sad news, so many good memories i will miss you buddy! Cya on the other side big man!!

Melissa Anderson ‏@FutureLegendCF  10h

No no no!! RIP Nelson Frazier... :(  I'm extremely upset if this is true... We traveled together in All Japan Wrestling.. Such a great guy!!

Melissa Anderson ‏@FutureLegendCF  10h

Agreed... There's no one like him...  @ChrisMasters310: Nelson was the most genuine guy I've met since entering this crazy business”

Shelton J. Benjamin ‏@Sheltyb803  9h

Just found out & crushed by  the passing of Big Daddy V/Vicera  R.I.P. my friend.

Mike Mondo ‏@MikeMondo83  9h

RIP Big Vis. Thank u 4 all the great matches we had together, but more importantly thank u for being a good friend. I'm gonna miss u buddy.

Steve Corino ‏@KINGCorino  4h

Very sad to wake up and read about Big Daddy V passing. @QueenCorino & I had a great time with him in Canada in 2012. A teddy bear of a guy.

And there are plenty more than those

• Like 1