DVDVR Message Board

Raw 2-17-14

MGFanJay

Christian-Bryan was Christian's best match in ages - Christian's got a killer edge to him as a heel and he's needed that for years. Reigns-Henry was perfect and furthered that Reigns is better than Ambrose, while also setting up that match and furthering the Wyatts deal. Cesaro-Cena was damn near perfect. Cesaro came off like the motherfucking man here. Counter after counter after counter and it led to the Swing and AA meaning so much more when they finally hit.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/02/raw-2-17-14.html

Screens -

11448b308688733.jpg

a1eb77308687364.jpg

ec0858308705623.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/dclec7tiab4pdwrpcngwxyjihwnvpqs2

Cesaro vs Cena was so damn great.

I was questioning the wisdom of having the physical contact between the shield and the Wyatts there at the end. Crowd ate it up though and they cut the show quick enough.

Cesaro vs Cena was just so good. First time I have wanted to come in and comment on something as it was happening since Henry's retirement speech.

Roman Reigns has changed, man.

I missed the last half of the show doing husband ice-dancing duty, but I did see the Shield stuff and had plenty of twizzle time to think about it and I got to say I like how the turn is going.  I can tell because I like Reigns, but I understand the heel here.  I know a story is going well when I get the heel's side of things and that's what's happening here.  

Dean is the same guy he always was.   he didn't make a big show out of it.  He just started pounding on the week's victim.  Just like they always did.  i think he even said "That's what we do!"  Because that's. what. shield. does. right?

Right, Roman?

Five weeks ago, Roman would have been right there with him beating on Henry.  The fuck?  It was good enough for you five weeks ago, but now it's wrong somehow?  This. is. who. we. are.  At least, it's who Dean is.  Same as he always was.  That's just his nature.  I guess maybe Roman wants to better himself!!!  Start watching Downtown Abbey!!!!  Maybe take a community college course on social work?  Maybe you want to start selling more t-shirts? Sounds like a buch of BULLSHIT to me and Dean.

You are what you are, Roman.  Join us, Roman.  Embrace your nature, Roman!  Eat the noodles, ROMAN!

Lost_boys_fan_art_the_lost_boys_movie_12

Note that Dean is morphing from one Kiefer villain (Ace Merrill) into the next one (David from THE LOST BOYS).  Which makes Roman Jason Patric.  FUCK JASON PATRIC!!! THERE IS A "K" IN PATRICK!!!!!!  Also AFTER DARK, MY SWEET was disappointing.

Actually, now that I think about it, a better analogy is Otto from REPO MAN.  You're just a white suburban punk like us, Roman (okay, Samoan suburban just go with me here).  Always were, always will be.

Dean's all like, LET'S GO DO SOME CRIMES.  LET'S GO GET SUSHI AND NOT PAY!!!!

a204b981993811e090c312313b10052d_small.j
"Man, Roman would have loved this, until he went all weak-ass."

Dammit.  It's somewhere in there.  Somewhere between Otto and Michael is Roman Reigns.  And somewhere between "THEY'RE ONLY NOODLES, MICHAEL" and "I KILL PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!!" is Dean.

Which makes Seth Rollins a cross between
debbi.jpg   and  tumblr_mueyuk_LTnn1skvbcxo3_400.jpg

• Like 16

And they wonder why their PPVs don't do as well as they want.

For free we get MOTY candidates like Cesaro-Cena but on ppv we get boring shit like Orton-Cena part 54.

Cesaro is totally the Next Big Thing. The People's Elbow reaction for the Swing is awesome.

• Like 3

For free we get MOTY candidates like Cesaro-Cena but on ppv we get boring shit like Orton-Cena part 54.

Cesaro is totally the Next Big Thing. The People's Elbow reaction for the Swing is awesome.

Vince: "Just goes to show John can carry anyone to a good match."

Man, Zeb's reaction was great.  I'm just to it on DVR now.  Fucking amazing heel manager scream.

By far the spot of the night was the Cesaro suplex on Cena from outside the ring back in. THAT is just stupid strength right there. 

I kinda wish they'd bring in Jesse Ventura for a World's Strongest Arm tournament. You figure they could put Cesaro, Henry, Big E, Reigns, Harper, and a few other guys in there. Print the money now!

Batista fashion watch:

This week is an AMERICAN IDOL-themed combo. 

Daughtry's shirt 

Carrie Underwood's jeans

Paula Abdul's wit

"You say you're a face, you're really a butt!"

Fantastic, Dave.

Roman Reigns has changed, man.

I missed the last half of the show doing husband ice-dancing duty.....

Wait, what?

Had to switch to the Olympics.  One couple danced to a remix of the soundtrack from ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST which wasn't awful  There was also a pretty hot Black Swan.

Cesaro being able to flip out of the AA is crazy. Punk sure as hell always had trouble doing it.

Speaking of Punk hope his fans feel free to hijack that Chicago show. Will take awhile to lose the shine from that Cesaro/Cena match and a freaking this is awesome chant during a Cena match. One of the rare times I actually was glad to hear that chant start.

Wow.  Just got to Titus' promo.  I think this breakup is perfect.  Darren gets to be a good-looking face and Titus gets to cut loose on some insane promos and mad suits.

And their match on Sunday will be the perfect opportunity to get popcorn!

• Like 1

I really liked the Cena/Cesaro match.  From what I caught of the Orton match on Friday, I'm hoping they work him into a sustained singles push as both matches were fun as hell.

Aaaaand if we're continuing the Repo Man booking, Ricardo Rodriguez and someone as the goddamn Rodriguez brothers.....

• Like 2