DVDVR Message Board

UFC 170: Rousey vs. McMann (2/22/2014) - Las Vegas, NV (Mandalay Bay Events Center)

Elsalvajeloco

Cyborg is apparently going to fight at 135 in Invicta first, so I guess we'll see.  I think she and her people are nutcases.  Maybe she wouldn't have problems making the weight if she got off the gear.

Also I was legit scared for Carlos Condit's life when Rory MacDonald challenged him a while back.  

Considering that Maia was able to land right hands when Rory leaped in, I didn't have a real issue with it. I still would like him to sit down more on his punches, but that's part of his speed advantage. Someone like Lawler (a southpaw BTW) would still give him problems, but his movement was still way better tonight. Part of finishing guys with strikes standing is the angles, and he got it working in the third. If he would've did that when he started taking over the round before, Maia would have been mush before the final horn.

So was anyone else disgusted by the commentary on this show?  I know Rogan and Goldberg are given points to emphasize, but this felt like they were reading off a script at times (esp. in the Rory match).  Also the stuff said during the Cormier fight to make it seem legit was hilarious.

My favorite Roganism for lack of a better word when he said I think in the prelims that Cummins had over 40 cancelled fights before going to the UFC that how scared people was of him.   Apparently people were so scared of him that they couldn't even talk about him because nobody heard of the guy 2 weeks ago. 

Apparently Dana was crushed in the post-fight press conference to learn the even only had a gate of $1.5 million. That just under 1/4 of what the show in December in the same building did.  "But Dana told me Ronda was a huge star!  The hugest UFC ever had!"

• Like 2

He's Rocky remember?! I totally forgot Rocky got his head smashed by Creed in a minute. 

In the end he turned out to be The Great White Hype, if anybody remembers that movie.

He should have stayed in the middle of the cage until the event was completely over and the Events Center had cleared out.

• Like 1

Over 300K is comparable to Velasquez vs JDS III, and higher than Henderson vs Pettis. Considering the weak opponent and the historically weak undercard the buyrate is not that bad.

Also no wonder WWE switched to the network, the fact that a Rousey squash match can almost double the buyrate of Cena vs Bryan, Lesnar vs Punk is crazy.

MacDonald is more Patrick Bateman than Bonnar will ever be.

I wish. A true MMA Bateman would be spectacular. As it is, Bonnar is way closer. He can string a sentence together, and is somewhat delusional. 

MacDonald is just a single-speed bike away from being the world's toughest Belle and Sebastian fan.

• Like 1

MacDonald is more Patrick Bateman than Bonnar will ever be.

I wish. A true MMA Bateman would be spectacular. As it is, Bonnar is way closer. He can string a sentence together, and is somewhat delusional. 

MacDonald is just a single-speed bike away from being the world's toughest Belle and Sebastian fan.

MacDonald seems....I dunno...Andrei Chikatilo-ish. Like he may have some bodies buried in some random park.