DVDVR Message Board

UFC 170: Rousey vs. McMann (2/22/2014) - Las Vegas, NV (Mandalay Bay Events Center)

Elsalvajeloco

I don't recall him being that upset about Cain Velasquez beating Lesnar.  I think a better example is his meltdown after GSP vs. Hendricks.

Watch when Dana had to put the belt on Cain.  He looked like he had sucked on lemons for a week.

Cheers!

I am more annoyed that the UFC put on a card with the co-main event and main event were so lopsided both on paper and in reality.  Even if the stoppage was early (Rousey hit her three times in the head with no defense so I can see where Herb was coming from), Rousey was on her way to winning regardless.  If I had paid $150 bucks to be there or $55 to watch on PPV I'd be pissed.

You know another reason why it felt so quick was because an hour earlier he left TJ Waldburger to die. No consistency at all.

i figured that one led to the other. he got shit on for letting Waldburger take unnecessary damage, so he was quick to step in the next time.

also, i went 11-0 in picks. fuck yes!

So was anyone else disgusted by the commentary on this show?  I know Rogan and Goldberg are given points to emphasize, but this felt like they were reading off a script at times (esp. in the Rory match).  Also the stuff said during the Cormier fight to make it seem legit was hilarious.

No problem with the stoppage in the Rousey fight. McMann grabbed her stomach and went down and wasn't defending at all. She got hit three times without even an attempt to defend. That's fine.

McMann hit her hard a few times before Rousey clinched. I think keeping Rousey at distance is the way to beat her.

So, Cyborg-Rousey at 135 next? She'll annihilate Alexis Davis if that's the next fight.

And is there any fighter with more anti-charisma than Rory McDonald? Jesus, he's Lance Storm vs. RVD at Barely Legal.

• Like 1