DVDVR Message Board

UFC 170: Rousey vs. McMann (2/22/2014) - Las Vegas, NV (Mandalay Bay Events Center)

Elsalvajeloco

Because it's a term for professional wrestling and it's ridiculous to use it for MMA. This isn't JYD taking on fucking Iron Mike Sharp or Rick Rude taking on Barry Horowitz on Prime Time.

Well then Ronda Rousey must make you pull your hair out with all these "heel" talk

Love how the Meltzer's of MMA are giving Cummins this Chael Sonnen like man love because he can get cut phony dick promos against Cormier.   So if the buy rate is in the shitter they going to blame Rousey becuase obviously it can't be Cormier vs Cummins as the co-main can't be it based on this great promos.  :rolleyes:

Yeah but if you weren't going to be on the show to begin with, a show purse is better than no purse at all.  I mean do we know if Dana was going to bring in cummins before the Evans injury?  if he was it was going to be a prelim fight which I would think is significantly less than the co-main event of a PPV

Just did my picks for this show and I'm seeing more decisions coming our way.  Good lord, I hope not.

Let's hope it's better than the shows we've had so far this year.

Remember Dana White's face of displeasure when a result doesn't go his way? I'm particularly thinking about Cain Velasquez vs. Brock Lesnar at UFC 121. We'll get that if Ronday Rousey loses to Sara McMann.

Yeah, there hasn't been much. Hard to promote a main event of one marketable girl doing amazing armbars, another girl who's 2 UFC fights are considered 2 of the most boring. DC hasn't done anything worth mentoning in UFC, and is fighting a coffee shop worker. Every opponent DC has had in UFC has gotten worst then the last. Mir, Nelson, now Patrick Cummings. 

I don't recall him being that upset about Cain Velasquez beating Lesnar.  I think a better example is his meltdown after GSP vs. Hendricks.

Watch when Dana had to put the belt on Cain.  He looked like he had sucked on lemons for a week.

• Like 1

I don't recall him being that upset about Cain Velasquez beating Lesnar. I think a better example is his meltdown after GSP vs. Hendricks.

Watch when Dana had to put the belt on Cain. He looked like he had sucked on lemons for a week.

Cheers!