DVDVR Message Board

The Aussie Rules 2014 Thread

SirFozzie

I registered for the Free NAB Challenge Pass at http://watchafl.afl.com.au , leaning towards possibly getting the full season pass.  Has anyone from here signed up for the streaming service before and have thoughts on its value?

I would just get FS+ if you can (Especially if you have a DVR service). AFL costs $15/week, $25/month, or $139 for full season.. FS+ has a ton of games, and is only $15/month.

• Like 1

Heh. I'm old and I remember when the VFL (I still call it the VFL) was the first pro league ESPN had access to... when WCE came into existence it was so cool finally having a club to root for without 100 years of backstory or whatever.

• 3 weeks later...

And.. the season begins with an upset? Greater Western Sydney Giants (one of the two newest clubs in the AFL) just shocked the Sydney Swans. How big an upset is it?

Consider this: The GWS Giants started last year 0-17 (they finished 1-21 on the season). As a new expansion team, they get a slightly larger financial cap, but they were 12-1 underdogs. The announcers called it a miracle.

And boy howdy did Freemantle gob Collingwood.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

We didn't make a 2015 thread, and since there's two weeks left in the regular season, I'm bumping this one instead. :)

So I stayed up until 5 am on Sunday morning watching the West Coast Eagles beat the ever-loving hell out of the Western Bulldogs. I'm almost afraid to say this, but this might be the year the Eagles win the Premiership again.

I'm a Carlton fan so I'm in the same boat as Dean. At least South Sydney has given me joy in NRL with a title last year and being top 4 this year.

We didn't make a 2015 thread, and since there's two weeks left in the regular season, I'm bumping this one instead. :)

So I stayed up until 5 am on Sunday morning watching the West Coast Eagles beat the ever-loving hell out of the Western Bulldogs. I'm almost afraid to say this, but this might be the year the Eagles win the Premiership again.

it might be, especially if they get 2 home finals.  Both WA teams (Dockers and Eagles) are tough to beat at home.

• 3 weeks later...

I woke up at 5 am to watch West Coast/Hawthorn, and god damn, was it a good decision. The Eagles are looking fantastic, up by 50 after three quarters, with the wind advantage in the fourth quarter. The scary part is Matt Priddis is out injured today.