DVDVR Message Board

The NXT Thread

rzombie1988

I like how they're now incorporating NXT stuff into the big picture angle. It also looks like Dusty's going to be somehow involved on Raw that will lead to his ouster as NXT Commissioner. I think JBL was born to play evil corporate overlord. He kind of actually is one. I also like JBL siding with Bo Dallas -- maybe the whole "He'd be perfect as the young face of the Corporation" idea has actually been flown up a flagpole. That dude would be a great heel with his current gimmick. His dumb grin, awful Steve Martin with a vest suits and non-stop shilling of his popularity would be terrific since he's such a dumbass. I also think his iffy execution (his finisher is terrible) helps him because absolutely no one respects him.

I also love the idea that Sami Zayn is NXT's Daniel Bryan as the uncrowned champion beloved by all. He's actually a really great person to do the "individual trapped in corporate America" story. He's terrific in the ring but not in the WWE's typical way. He also doesn't fit into their platonic ideal as a body type. He's also a really nice guy who has decent taste in music. He's the exact type of person who gets screwed over when it comes to getting a promotion at work.

• Like 1

Great review, Greggulator. Makes it easy to keep it up with everything that's going on in NXT.

Sadly Sami didn't wear the Generico mask.

Isn't that kind of, like, the distant past by now?

It might not have come across in the post, but he meant because Sami wrestled as "El Local" masked to trick Bo into a match.

Some big things went down on tonights NXT tapings:

JBL replaced Dusty as NXT GM. HHH came out and said he was giving Dusty some time off.

The Ascension won the tag titles from Graves/Neville. They had a rematch the next week and Graves turned on Neville. Finally Adrian is away from that god awful guy. On the first week, they had a tag team gauntlet match with Enzo/Big Cass, Dawson/Rusev, Tyler Breeze/CJ Parker and the Ascension. The Ascention won ater beating Enzo and Big Cass.

Sami Zayn beat El Local. After the match Bo Dallas came out and said he was going to have a Bo Dallas inventational match. The only stip was Sami Zayn wasn't allowed. I think you know where this leads. Sadly Sami didn't wear the Generico mask. Bo beat Sami in the title match in a good match. Lots of back and forth and kicking out of finishers.

Lots of Divas action. Summer Rae and Sasha Banks are called the BFF's. They started off at week one with Sasha beating Bayley. They challenge anyone which leads to Emma comming out. This leads to week two with Emma and her mystery partner Santino beating Fandango/Summer Rae in a awesome match. Lots of comedy but the crowd was going nuts for it. Week three has Summer/Sasha at ringside during one of the worst matches of the year in Charlotte vs Santana Garrett. Poor Santana but it was awful. I'm not lying in saying almost every move was botched including the finish. I"ll be shocked if they air it. They call out Paige which leads to a Paige/Emma vs BFF's match won by Summer.

Other matches include Cesaro/Kruger(really good) Enzo/Big Cass vs Rusev/Dawson in what looks like the blow off match. RVD faced Aiden English who's really over. Also CJ Parker beat Tyler Breeze and broke his nose in the process. Good night of wrestling although it was 4 hours long. Next show has Del Rio and Christian.

Kassius Ohno returned and got beat by Luke Harper. He's in better shape than the last time he was on TV.

Pat Patterson and So cal Val were at the show. Val was in the crowd.

How was Sasha/Bayley? Thought it was interesting/random as Sasha noted on facebook that The Undertaker told her it was one of the best divas matches he's seen in awhile.

• Like 1

How was Sasha/Bayley? Thought it was interesting/random as Sasha noted on facebook that The Undertaker told her it was one of the best divas matches he's seen in awhile.

I'd now like to think that Taker spends the 10 months of his offseason every year immersing himself in divas matches, and that he's quite the connoisseur of them.

• Like 3

I'd now like to think that Taker spends the 10 months of his offseason every year immersing himself in divas matches, and that he's quite the connoisseur of them.

He thinks the Alicia Fox - Melina match is underrated.

I guess we will wait and see but of all the people to work with developmental guys I would think JBL is the last person I want given his history. Hopefully someone tells him that it isn't about him anymore. although I admit if you are going to do a "new new face" of the WWE then a team of JBL/Bo Dallas is the perfect choice. Just hope they don't book the same finishes that they do for Raw and Smackdown and try some originality

By the way, did Solomon Crowe (formerly sami Cahilan) do anything on these tapings.  It doesn't look like it unless they changed his name again. 

I didn't finish watching the show yet and I have a whole eight man to go.

But the Sami match was again really good. I would say he's one of the five best workers in the company right now but there's Randy/Bryan/Shield/Claudio so that's a ridiculously hard list to crack. But he's a star.The Bo promo was amazing. His character is just flat-out brilliant right now. They did a slow, subtle burn with it before he started acting like this. I love the thought of some wrestler just calling random Latin American voicemail systems and singing Journey. I wish this was real.The Aiden segment was a star-making segment if there ever was one. He sang a made-up showtune on the way to the ring. That is pretty spectacular. "Spotlight, please!" "Take A Bow!" Hopefully his in-ring work against actual wrestlers holds up. I think he'd be a really great lackey for Damien Sandow.

• Like 1

I tried to start watching NXT with the first show of 2013 but quickly realized that it would take longer than I want to catch up.  Starting any time after Wrestlemania, is there an episode that would make a better starting point than others? 

April just before Zayne debuted maybe.

• Like 1

Liked this episode too. However it really underscored the handicap the lack of a brand spilt presents to introducing NXT talent. Not a definitive list but I feel the following talent run against each other too much:

Daniel Bryan vs Sami Zayn
Fandango vs Tyler Breeze
Wyatt Family vs Ascension
Damien Sandow vs Aiden English

Mark Henry's look would be improved by shaving the dome too, it's actually pretty amazing that he looks so intimidating with the raggedy ann hair.

Are you kidding?  With the hair he looks like a bulked up Predator.  They should give him the helmet and a trophy room of alien species that got their wigs split.

• Like 5