DVDVR Message Board

The NXT Thread

rzombie1988

An interview with Prince Devitt from an NXT Live Event:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zwcVSy5fT8

Irish-born Fergal, aka Prince Devitt, is one of WWE's latest signings. He recently reported to NXT, WWE's developmental program, training at the state-of-the-art WWE Performance Center in Orlando. Sporting a tremendous resume, Fergal is ready for the challenge en route to becoming a top flight WWE superstar. He fielded some questions before an NXT show at the Havert L. Fenn Center in Fort Pierce, Fla.

Seems especially happy to be in NXT.

So I'm taking the NXT plunge tonight. I don't want to go too far back with it, but I don't want to start on a filler episode or something. Am I cool starting with last week's or do I need to hop back a bit?

Go back two weeks ago. One of my favorite episodes in a long time. Sasha vs Bailey and Neville vs Breeze.

As for Adam Rose, I love the idea that he's fun-loving and goofy until he smells a shot at some gold, at which point he reaches into the depths of his soul and taps into Leo Kruger so that he can stomp the shit out of you. Anyway, this match was super fun. 

Rose stomping and killing Kalisto in the corner was awesome. 

Delusional heel Tyson Kidd might be my favorite thing about WWE television right now. 

I love that Sasha Banks continues to establish that her real Achilles heel is hubris. 

I am sad if Regal as GM means no more of him on commentary. Which reminds me, I can't tell Alex Riley's shitty heel commentary apart from Byron Saxton's shitty heel commentary, but either way, they really bum me out. 

I liked Bull Dempsey's inset promo tonight. He had some nice delivery. I really do think that he's going to put it together and be really good at some point. 

Delusional heel Tyson Kidd might be my favorite thing about WWE television right now. 

I love that Sasha Banks continues to establish that her real Achilles heel is hubris. 

I am sad if Regal as GM means no more of him on commentary. Which reminds me, I can't tell Alex Riley's shitty heel commentary apart from Byron Saxton's shitty heel commentary, but either way, they really bum me out. 

I liked Bull Dempsey's inset promo tonight. He had some nice delivery. I really do think that he's going to put it together and be really good at some point. 

Dude, I can't tell Riley, Saxton, or Phillips apart. They all have the same voice and none of them are any good. Saxton can be decent when he's not trying to be an over the top heel. I can only tell it's Phillips when he busts out his "whoawhoawhoawhoawhoawhoawhoa" five times a match.

I preferred the previous Bayley/Sasha match but this week's wasn't bad. Charlotte was good with the crowd but took it a bit too far to the point Bayley had to refocus her. All three women have a bunch of potential. Hopefully they can drop the "divas" label and create a strong women's division on the main roster with AJ, Emma, Paige, and Alicia Fox.

Going back to the poor crowd reactions to Neville, I don't even think it's just him. They're missing Bo's presence and major heeling in a bad way. Breeze and Kidd are fine heels but they don't drive the crowd nuts like Bo did.

I'll miss Regal in the booth but the show does need a deus ex machina commissioner at times to do things like set up a Fatal Fourway for the title. The benefit of it being Regal is he's REALLY good at explaining those types of situations, isn't connected to The Authority so he can give fair decisions as opposed to the biased ones JBL was supposed to lend to the promotion, and has the kayfabe gravitas of having been at NXT since Day 1. Also, the young bucks who are still learning how to perform in front of a TV will have one of the best ever to work with. That's really important.

Last night's show was predictably good. I liked how Bailey/Sasha ended -- Sasha's hubris cost her, and Bailey's Belly-To-Bailey now is a flash pin move she can hit for a win suddenly and convincingly. Charlotte was AWESOME heeling on the crowd and Bailey was great bringing the focus back on her. I am really, really, really looking forward to that match. I also really hope they do those sit-down interviews before NXT Takeover they've done in the past because I think those two will hit that out of the park.

The final match was really fun and set up a good Sami/Neville tension. I loved Sami staring at the title like it was the ring from Lord Of The Rings to end the show.

Takeover is going to rule.

Hopefully Regal as GM means they are setting him up for a feud with somebody and we'll get some Regal matches.

From a real time perspective in terms of when it was taped. Regal as GM came on the heels of Devitt reporting to NXT. Devitt is someone Regal has mentored/took an interest in for years.

• Like 1