DVDVR Message Board

The NXT Thread

rzombie1988

It's not just good, it's ROVERT approved!

Does that automatically mean we get the Meltzer seal of approval?

Yes. Said seal is Meltzer's face on the Raisin Bran logo, touting "Two Scoops!"

But instead of raisins he's just pouring workrate into a bowl.

• Like 3

F4WOnline.com reports that there are people backstage at WWE who believe the Payback event on Sunday will be a good show because there is no way WWE can let the developmental talent on the NXT Takeover special outshine the main roster on PPV.

Or they could start to dumb down the NXT product to ensure it no longer is in a position to overshadow the main roster.

F4WOnline.com reports that there are people backstage at WWE who believe the Payback event on Sunday will be a good show because there is no way WWE can let the developmental talent on the NXT Takeover special outshine the main roster on PPV.

Or they could start to dumb down the NXT product to ensure it no longer is in a position to overshadow the main roster.

NXT is Triple H's baby, that ain't likely to happen.

The random Nattie hate has always been fucking ridiculous. She's not a great worker but she's far from terrible. She's had plenty of "ok" matches and even a couple good ones. That's all you can really ask in a division that gets almost no time to deliver anything memorable. People were putting over AJ title defenses from last year...  they were no better than the Nattie/Charlotte match.

• Like 1

I think a lot of the hate Nattie gets isn't because she stinks. It's because she completely lacks self awareness thinks (as well as her fans) that she's Manami Toyota or Bull Nakano or something. That is a very big reason why Nattie gets so much shit and Total Divas certainly hasn't helped her any in that regard.

• Like 2

The random Nattie hate has always been fucking ridiculous. She's not a great worker but she's far from terrible. She's had plenty of "ok" matches and even a couple good ones. That's all you can really ask in a division that gets almost no time to deliver anything memorable. People were putting over AJ title defenses from last year...  they were no better than the Nattie/Charlotte match.

Really? I remember everyone saying the Nattie/AJ matches were *finally* bring it from the Divas, but come the PPVs.. No one even talked about them here in the PPV threads.

I think a lot of the hate Nattie gets isn't because she stinks. It's because she completely lacks self awareness thinks (as well as her fans) that she's Manami Toyota or Bull Nakano or something. That is a very big reason why Nattie gets so much shit and Total Divas certainly hasn't helped her any in that regard.

It's sad that people are buying what Total Divas is selling. Away from that show, she has never appeared anything like that. And other Divas have had nothing but good things to say about her behind the scenes. 

The thing about Nattie is there's just nothing that comes off as natural about her on screen. She always seems so rigid in the ring, and it always feels like she's thinking about every move for a second or two before she does it. She's fine when she's in there with someone decent, but she can't carry a match on her own (which explains why she looks better on 2014 NXT than 2008-2013 WWE). Also, the internet backlash against ring-work is always amplified if you have any kind of workrate gimmick.

• Like 1

The thing about Nattie is there's just nothing that comes off as natural about her on screen. She always seems so rigid in the ring, and it always feels like she's thinking about every move for a second or two before she does it. She's fine when she's in there with someone decent, but she can't carry a match on her own (which explains why she looks better on 2014 NXT than 2008-2013 WWE). Also, the internet backlash against ring-work is always amplified if you have any kind of workrate gimmick.

Also, so much of her match on Thursday was just FORCED. Both her and Charlotte would randomly scream or cry out because "THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE INTENSE!" It never seemed very natural.

I would argue I enjoyed Nattie's match against AJ on Main Event more, and that was by no means a classic.

I'd say the Charlotte match was 80% Nattie and 20% Charlotte. Now, I think moving forward that Charlotte has the potential to be the best woman in the WWE, but I felt this match was clearly the Nattie show. Yes, they were working from a del Rey blueprint, but Nattie was visibly in charge and guiding the match along. And, besides the Figure-Four stuff, I felt it was a really good match with an intensity that was earned and came across well.

My wife, who does not like wrestling, enjoyed Tyler Breeze and made me realize he was essentially doing a Zoolander gimmick in some ways.

She also thought Bo Dallas was funny when they showed him on the video package. Him giving out cookies to the NXT crowd is what sold her. 

Adrian Neville seems to get exponentially less interesting every week. He hasn't had a good interesting match on NXT since the ladder match with Bo. I think the biggest problem with him may be that Zayn is substantially better than him in every way, if their roles were reversed and Zayn had the belt and Neville was feuding with Breeze or Graves on the undercard I probably wouldn't feel this way.

Aside from that this was a real solid show, the best regular NXT episode in at least a month. I loved the videos for Breeze and Bo, the Divas match was good, although I wish they'd build around a Bayley/Sasha feud for the belt, even the tag match was OK with a really scary spot. I'm so glad the last taping cycle ended and we can get back to the good stuff, the last month of NXT TV before the special was brutal.