DVDVR Message Board

The NXT Thread

rzombie1988

Being from the UK makes it hard to see Paige rolling out of her boyfriend's truck to brain a girl outside of an Applebee's. She has the look for it but her accent disqualifies her.Paige looks like she'd hang out with dudes who would sell fake molly to chavs outside a lesser-tier club in a lesser-tier English city. If and when the chav crew stepped up, Paige would destroy the girl and take her can of cider.

• Like 5

I love Hulu Plus so much.  Aside from not having to rely on DVR for WWE shows it allows me to watch NXT  (legally) and love the holy hell out of it.  It really is the best WWE show on TV.  I really feel that I'm watching the future of WWE.  Whenever some of them get called up they're going to be great.  The crowd like mentioned before is perfect for this.

Looking at the roster I'd say that there are those that really need to be on WWE TV.  Of course you have those like Sami Zayn and Adrian Neville, but can you imagine if they brought up Paige and Emma?  If they cared to make the female division better have them do matches with women like Natalya and AJ.  They're pretty but are very talented and are different enough to not fit the cookie cutter mold.  Charlotte with more experience will be golden, though she's great already.  Hell, Summer Rae can be a good opponent if they had her wrestle.  And Sasha Banks is pretty good too.  Put them at different times on the roster and I think things can only improve.

As for Bo he's good in NXT but I have zero desire to see him called up.  Just doesn't do anything for me, singing Journey and all.  Leo Kruger is good but he will fare much better in NXT than he ever will being called up.  I wouldn't be against the idea of Corey Graves being called up, I think he can do well.

• Like 1

So the Brits have white trash also.

Look up the word "chav." That's the British term for their white trash. They're like a mix between Guidos and Kid Rock cruisegoers. They're known for wearing expensive Burbury clothes and Nike Air Trainer stuff despite underemployment, poor grammar and a lack of education, being on the public dole, etc. A lot of this is British class snobbishness at its worse but, yes, these people do exist from what my Brit friends have told me.

I don't know dude the last thing I think about when I see Paige is white trash

*shrug*

Her family are the British equivalent of white trash. 

To be fair, that doesn't really do them justice. I am only reading today that Ricky and Saraya took over a pub ("The Romany" no less) in June 2008, which was then raided and closed by police in November 2008 - with a customer getting tasered. They're proper carny folk for sure, but they seem like nice enough people if you don't get on their bad side. 

I reviewed this week's NXT here:
http://prowresblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/wwe-nxt-8142013-results-and-review.html

Overall thoughts: The show wasn't that great. It was okay but the main and the women's match needed more time and the Big E/Axel thing was a waste of time. Too many bad finishes here too. I did like the Bayley segment though and I thought they did a good job in building up stuff for next week.

Some shots from the show:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I LOVED this show.

-Paul Heyman works the crowd so well.  He comes out, talks about NXT being the home of the future.  Crowd is chanting his name, cheering him.  He says NXT is where the next Paul Heyman will come from.  He says NXT is where the next BRAAAAAAAAAAAAWK Lesnar will come from.  He says it's also where the next...crowd is all amped waiting for a CM Punk mention...Curtis Axel will come from!  Axel comes out to big heat and boos.  They say there's nobody in NXT who could challenge him which brings out Big E. Langston.  And it just reaffirms the point that Big E. needs to be a face tomorrow on WWE TV, he's just so much better.  His moves make sense when he can do them in fives with the crowd chanting "Five!" and he just seems like a naturally nice guy.  In some ways, I'd kinda like to see the Summerslam mixed tag end in a double-turn with AJ and Dolph back together and a vengeful face Big. E hunting Dolph down.  Match was short but fun.  Heyman's interference that didn't faze Big E. leading into another great "OH MY GOD! NO!" moment from Heyman.  Plus it had the quote of the night, as rzombie noted on his blog: "I just thought of something. If you put Paul Heyman's and Big E's hairdo's together, you'll have one complete haircut."(<--Regal of course). I loved this segment.

-Mason Ryan-Scott Dawson was short and kinda pointless.  Kayfabe-wise, Dawson should probably fire Sylvester Lefort as I don't believe he's won a match since hiring him as his manager.  I love that Enzo Amore guy.  There is no way his partner's 7 feet as the announcer said, is there?  Mason Ryan is friggin' terrifying.  He looks like his skin's going to just explode when he flexes.  Okay squash.  I'm amazed Ryan's not on WWE TV, quite frankly.

-Paige-Summer Rae was great.  I mean, it's obvious that Paige is probably the best diva in WWE (Wrestling-wise, at least), but I was surprised at how good Summer Rae is.  Instead of being Fandango's dance partner (And she's perfectly fine in that role), she probably should have been brought up to the roster as Layla's new recruit for LayRae (Or SummerLay) as a team because she's clearly the best Diva heel they've got.  I love the bitchy cackles she does when her opponent misses a move.

-Bayley as Chris Farley from the Chris Farley show is amazing.  That segment should have probably been on Smackdown instead.

-Main event was a lot of fun.  Even Corey Graves didn't look that bad.  But Xavier Woods was king-sized in the final stretch, nailing every one of his moves perfectly for good believable near-falls, then final stretch with the perfect timing where Rollins power-bombs him into the turnbuckle and he bounces back and gets CRUSHED by the Reigns spear.  This is as good of a Shield match as I've seen since they stopped wrestling Daniel Bryan.

Seriously loved this show.  It boggles the mind how it can just smoke something like the TNA show that ran on the same night as it, or just be so much better than Raw and Smackdown week in, week out.

Hard to disagree with people on the board that this show is the best WWE show right now. I love that it's a smaller venue although you do have tolerate being able to hear the stupid, snarky comments that get shouted out.

- Paul Heyman was great as usual. He does so many things right as a manager it makes Curtis Axel tolerable despite his poor mic ability. He sounded like a rookie compared to Langston instead of the IC champion from the RAW brand.

- Speaking of Langston, I'd love to see him get to the point where he crosses paths with Lesnar. He's strong and can be explosive like Lesnar. I love that clothesline he blasts people with.

- I love Enzo Amore but that's just because I know people who talk and act like that gimmick. I could see him end up as manager if there's nothing for him as an active wrestler.

- Watching Sami Zayn wrestle and listening to him talk, if he isn't brought up to the main roster, he should at least be the NXT champion by the end of the year.

- Mason Ryan looks GIGANTIC.

- The six man tag was much, much better than the match I watched from ROH last Saturday. I like how the SHIELD sell for other guys and then turn it up at the end. Ambrose stands out to me in particular. I loved how he blocked the guy in the corner after a tag and he how he keeps selling a body part even after he leaves the ring. 

By the way, what am I doing wrong with my sig? What's the code for the image to show up instead of the IP address?

Heyman is the fucking best at drawing heat even from crowds that love him.  That crowd went from chanting ECW and just loving being sucked up to, until he brought up Curtis Axel in the same breath as Brock Lesnar.  He has the most amazing feel for how to build up a crowd only to get them to crash and burn. Then he pees on the ashes, while cackling meniacally.  It is a talent. 

Here's a blast from the past - NXT's 1st Episode! I reviewed it here:
http://prowresblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/nxt-2232013-nxts-first-episode.html

Overall thoughts: The show was eh to okay. Not great at all and WWE really went out of their way to bury Daniel Bryan. The main was memorable but not as good as I had remembered it being. Otunga's promo was also a highlight of the show.

Some shots from the show:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image