DVDVR Message Board

The NXT Thread

rzombie1988

I think I liked the 2 out of 3 falls more but that's just because I like the gimmick better. But man, that match tonight was insanely great. Was it better than Cesaro/Cena? I think it might have been.

Wyatts/Shield is still my MOTY. That would have been my 2013 MOTY, too. But we're off to a really great start.

I think I'd take Cesaro over Bryan right now. Cesaro has had epic matches with Sami Zayn, Regan and Cena all in the span of two months. All three of those matches were so incredibly different.

I love that this is going live on Thursday nights.

TNA are so worried about taking the fight to Raw that they didn't even consider the real enemy hiding right next door....

Watching them get crushed by the WWE developmental show is going to be amazing in a horrible train crash kind of way.

Cesaro's counter to Zayn's tornado DDT through the ropes with the uppercut was absolutely insane. That whole match was fantastic.

Too Cool was a pleasant surprise. Watching Victoria/Lisa Marie Varon do the Worm setup at her restaurant along with Scotty Too Hotty is one of the damnedest things I have ever seen.

The stream at her place held out until the Rusev segment, but thank goodness came back for the main event. Attendance wasn't very much but those there were enthusiastic about it.

Loved Paige/Emma. Fantastic video packages on both building it up greatly.. Awesome match from the top two divas. Not really caring for Mojo Rawley at all. Cesaro/Zayn picked up a good bit towards the end, Cesaro looked especially great. Ladder match was good stuff too, thought both guys were real good in it. Also Too Cool was a nice little surprise to add in.

What's the word on Becky Lynch/Rebecca Knox?

Has she debuted yet?

James

She's worked a few of the live events but I don't think she's debuted on NXT TV yet. She's going to be an excellent addition, her and Paige were already fantastic together when she managed in Shimmer.

I love that this is going live on Thursday nights.

TNA are so worried about taking the fight to Raw that they didn't even consider the real enemy hiding right next door....

Watching them get crushed by the WWE developmental show is going to be amazing in a horrible train crash kind of way.

I think it's going back to it's old schedule (taping several episodes at once), just that it's "debuting" on the network next week.  But it'll be the same thing that's on Hulu now.

Went off to play some GTA for a bit when the feed cut out. Came back and I was able to go pretty quickly to where I left off in the replay. God damn that was a good night of wrestling. Even the bits that I didn't care for (the Rawley match, the tag match) weren't bothersome to me cuz they were still decent wrestling matches.

Having watched this, if the Network were nothing but NXT content, I'd still consider ponying up the $10/month for it.

I somehow allowed myself to forget that the worm takes, like, 30 seconds from start to finish.

God I hate that more than maybe any thing in wrestling ever.

In my version of hell, the only wrestling match available on the WWE Network is Too Cool vs. The New Age Outlaws

• Like 3

I somehow allowed myself to forget that the worm takes, like, 30 seconds from start to finish.

God I hate that more than maybe any thing in wrestling ever.

In my version of hell, the only wrestling match available on the WWE Network is Too Cool vs. The New Age Outlaws

Man, don't put thoughts like that in people's minds.

• Like 1

I think I liked the 2 out of 3 falls more but that's just because I like the gimmick better. But man, that match tonight was insanely great. Was it better than Cesaro/Cena? I think it might have been.

Wyatts/Shield is still my MOTY. That would have been my 2013 MOTY, too. But we're off to a really great start.

I think I'd take Cesaro over Bryan right now. Cesaro has had epic matches with Sami Zayn, Regan and Cena all in the span of two months. All three of those matches were so incredibly different.

Don't forget the Orton match, which I found to be much better than the Cena match.

Anyway, great show, and all that.  Stream worked great until Breeze broke it.  I thought the pre match packages were extremely well done, and got me more excited for Emma-Paige than ANYTHING on Wrestlemania.  Simple is better.

Also, I'm going to try to STAY HYPED all day today, and see how that plays out.

That's the best I've seen Bo look in-ring by far. The character work was awesome when he was a clueless "face", but now that he's gone full heel he's starting to put it together in the ring as well. Still not sure how he'll play out on the main roster, but I'm more optimistic than I was before that match, at least.

Pretty much everything I've seen from NXT was just the highly recommended matches, this was my first full show. It's pretty interesting... Felt like a high-level indy with WWE production values. The crowd was a very stereotypically bad indy crowd, but if the in-ring action this week is any indication, it'll be a must-watch every week.

Cesaro/Zayn was a wonderful match, really not giving Shield/Wyatts any time to soak up the spotlight in the MOTY race. I saw their 2/3 falls match, but I don't think I really needed to see anything to figure out their story based on the work in this match alone. Both guys were just phenomenal with the characterization and it was really easy to follow. Cesaro is clearly the better wrestler, but Zayn has a lot of fighting spirit and wants to prove himself against NXT's big fish in a small pond. The action was at a complementary level to the story being told. Stiff, lots of nice well-executed moves, everything ties together for a good story... Not sure what else you could want from a match.

Mojo Rawley's video package got me pumped up, but then he came out and had a stinker of a match with no energy and featured him selling for 90% of it. Plus one for the video team, but a terrible first impression from Mojo. I was more interested in the job guy's hippie gimmick.

The tag champs are interesting. Kinda look like a new age Kronik. The long-haired guy (I think that was Victor) looked like he could be alright. Konnor seemed a little behind his partner, but the no-nonsense ass-kicker gimmick did a good job hiding their limitations. 

Not sure what the fuss was about for the divas match. It was alright, way better than most of the main roster diva matches I guess, but that's not exactly a high bar. Liked what Emma was doing and hopefully she'll get to show more on the main roster. Paige didn't impress me that much, outside of the finish. Her coordination and execution didn't seem significantly better than most of the main roster divas and her main finisher isn't very good. Hopefully she'll switch to the Bull Nakano submission full time. The second use of the respect gimmick in an hour was kind of overkill too. Maybe it would've looked better not being on the same show as Cesaro/Zayn.

I liked Rusev's brief appearance in the Rumble, and was happy to see him crush these losers. Tyler Breeze looks like a guy that could make a career out of getting his ass kicked.

I loved Bo Dallas' video package and wish I could've watched that gimmick unfold in real time. I don't know if anyone's ever gotten that far into a "heel who thinks he's a face" gimmick. Bo-Lievers and kNOw more Bo had me cracking up. His fired up babyface yell during his entrance was great too.

The main event ladder match was solid. A couple good spots, but not a lot of overkill. God, Adrian Neville moves so effortlessly... Like he makes Seth Rollins look like Khali. I really hope he makes it to the main roster soon. Bo was pretty good here, and it's a real testament to the NXT roster that he was only the 4th most impressive wrestler on the show. We have to get Zayn/Neville at some point right?

• Like 1

I think I'm probably being a tad hyperbolic, but not only did I think this was decidedly better than the Cesaro/Cena match, I thought this was the best Cesaro singles match since his match with Morishima in ROH. Now that I type that out, I feel like I'm probably forgetting some other obvious ones, but I'll stand by it.