DVDVR Message Board

2014 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Kyle Casey

Okay, so I just got the fantasy league I was talking about in the Offseason Thread started up, so I figured I'd start this thread as a catch-all for everybody to discuss trades, ask for advice, etc. 

My league has 12 spots. I've already given spots to Craig, Kuetsar, and Dank, as well as 3 of my friends in real life. So, including me, that's 7 spots, which means there's 5 left. The league is a points league and the stats are as follows:

Batting: HR, RBI, R, SB, AVG, OPS

Pitching: W, SO, ERA, WHIP, SV, K/BB Ratio

Rosters are C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, OF, OF, OF, Util., SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, 6 Bench spots, and 2 DL spots

I think that's all the relevant info, but if I left something out, just ask. The spots are going to be first come, first served.

So, who wants in? 

As of right now (March 3), here are the guys who are in:

Me

My brother-in-law

Dank

Craig

Kuetsar

cubbymark

Kevin Wilson

Rippa

PaulS

Ed

SirFozzie

In addition, invites have been sent to two of my IRL friends, but one isn't doing fantasy baseball this year and the other one intends to, but he hasn't yet because he's a lazy bastard. So that locks this up. Good luck, eerybody!

Okay, since Craig and Dank both had trouble signing up, here's what we're going to do: If you want in, PM me with your email address, and I'll send you and invite. Also, I'll be keeping track of who's in on the first post, so you guys can tell how many spots are left.

No innings limit is cool too.

I knew I'd forget to mention something. There is an inning limit, but it's 1500 innings, so I guess that kind of makes it no limit for all intents and purposes.

• Like 1

Just completed my fantasy draft on CBS Sports for my Head to Head league. Yes, I did my fantasy draft on February 25th b/c I can't wait for the season to start. In my league, you get 21 players (16 active, 5 reserves). Here's the team I put together.

C- Yadier Molina

1B- Chris Davis

2B- Robinson Cano

3B- Ryan Zimmerman

SS- Jean Segura

OF- Michael Cuddyer

OF- Shin-Soo Choo

OF- Nick Markakis

U- Adrian Gonzalez

Reserves

1B, OF- Nick Swisher

3B- Pablo Sandoval

SS- Derek Jeter

Pitchers

SP- Felix Hernandez

SP- Jon Lester

SP- Matt Moore

SP- Chris Archer

SP- CC Sabathia

RP- Joe Nathan

RP, SP- Tyson Ross

Reserve Pitchers

SP- Hisashi Iwakuma- doubtful for start of regular season. He was a steal in the 16th round.

SP- Jake Peavy- questionable for start of spring training. I think he was a steal in the 21st round.

What's everyone's opinion on Khris Davis of the Brewers as a keeper? I can keep him for only $3 in my league. Only other position players I am keeping are Chris Davis (Orioles), Hanley Ramirez and Yasiel Puig (even though I think he'll slide, but I can keep him for $2 since I grabbed him before his call-up).

How about Gerrit Cole and Alex Cobb? I can keep Cole for $2 and Cobb for $7 (for comparison sake of value, Adam Wainwright as a keeper would be $24).