DVDVR Message Board

Sid Caesar, 1922-2014

Pete

This will be an amazing trio, if shirley temple and sid caesar are the first two.

There's the Shirley Temple and the Caesar salad, so a third old-time celebrity with a food-related name...

Waldorf better watch his back in case Statler tries to toss him over the balcony.

Off to the Show of Shows in the sky. Poor guy has to wait for a lot of his writing staff to join him. I hope he does okay without them.

Uncle Milty and the gang have a chair all warmed up for him. Can you imagine the Heaven roasts?

• Like 2

This will be an amazing trio, if shirley temple and sid caesar are the first two.

There's the Shirley Temple and the Caesar salad, so a third old-time celebrity with a food-related name...

Waldorf better watch his back in case Statler tries to toss him over the balcony.

Arnold Palmer? Ice-T? Kevin Bacon?

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't get the joke. .  

Off to the Show of Shows in the sky. Poor guy has to wait for a lot of his writing staff to join him. I hope he does okay without them.

Uncle Milty and the gang have a chair all warmed up for him. Can you imagine the Heaven roasts?

I wonder if they are allowed to work blue material up there.

It's really sad to see all these greats leaving this world now. I don't know if the world could take if if Mickey Rooney went next.

Put me in the category who at one time didn't know he was alive.

There's an awesome WTF podcast with Monty Hall where Monty talks about how he has lunches with some of the early TV legends still with us, and they would all meet at Sid Caesar's house since he was unable to meet with them.  And I couldn't help but think how incredibly cool it was to have a living legend so revered that other living legends would go out of their way just to visit with him.

I was hoping it was on YouTube, but there's an SNL from the Eddie Murphy years where Sid Caesar hosts and the audience just goes ballistic.  It was literally one of the greatest ovations I had ever seen.

Chuck Berry?

Fucking loved him as the Joker - I think I'll watch the Batman Movie to honor him this week.

Given some of the other RIP threads recently, I'm not sure whether I should say this or not. But I'm going to anyway.

That was Cesar Romero.