DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ANIMATED GIF THREAD

RIPPA

Is that the famed Steiner Squaredriver?  Because holy crap that looks brutal.

Yep. square driver AKA Steiner Screwdriver.

When I was a regular at PWG shows years ago (early days), I used to wonder which was the worse bet for your health: taking the screwdriver from Steiner, or a smallish indy guy like Chris Bosh?

Is that the famed Steiner Squaredriver?  Because holy crap that looks brutal.

Yep. square driver AKA Steiner Screwdriver.

When I was a regular at PWG shows years ago (early days), I used to wonder which was the worse bet for your health: taking the screwdriver from Steiner, or a smallish indy guy like Chris Bosh?

Probably a small guy b/c he might not have the strength to properly protect you. Could let you slip at an inopportune moment.

Well as I was looking through gifs yesterday - Steiner also modified the way he did it as he became enormous and could no longer hold guys up for the suplex.

Of course... didn't make it any safer

Scott didn't get sloppy until his BPP days so I'd agree with the above.

Uhhhh... I thought the Steiners had a rep of being a bit reckless with people.  If I seem to recall, they couldn't find any job guys who were willing to take the Frankensteiner at a WWF tv taping, so they threw a mask on Mike Enos who was working as one of the Beverleys at the time so he could take the move.

Scott didn't get sloppy until his BPP days so I'd agree with the above.

Uhhhh... I thought the Steiners had a rep of being a bit reckless with people.  If I seem to recall, they couldn't find any job guys who were willing to take the Frankensteiner at a WWF tv taping, so they threw a mask on Mike Enos who was working as one of the Beverleys at the time so he could take the move.

That story is true, but I honestly don't remember Scott having a rep at the time.  Rick did though, absolutely.