DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ANIMATED GIF THREAD

RIPPA

I believe Regal was shown the door that night. 

Well that night or the next day. 

Regal's version 

Well, in July of 1999, after being rehired by WCW, Regal was on an edition of WCW Live (WCW's Internet talk show) and talked about the Goldberg match.  According to Regal, he and Goldberg were told that they would be having a six minute match.  Goldberg had not worked many matches, and very few that went more than three minutes, so Regal tried to work some holds into the match.  Goldberg didn't know what was going on, and resisted a lot of the moves.  Regal said he didn't blame Goldberg for what happened, and that he was on friendly terms with Bill.  Regal blamed the booker of the match (who he would not name) for putting Goldberg in a situation he wasn't ready for.  However, Regal said he did take the heat for things following the match. As for his firing, Regal took full blame for it, and attributed it to his own personal problems (which he has since defeated).

I haven't read Regal's book yet but apparently he describes it similarly there too.

Considering this match happened shortly after his infamous "unprofessional behavior on a flight" incident - it was probably just the culmination of events.

For those who have never seen the whole thing

Well yeah, but it's a much more fun story if Regal got fired for Lorenzo-ing Goldberg.

I believe Regal was shown the door that night. 

Well that night or the next day. 

Regal's version 

Well, in July of 1999, after being rehired by WCW, Regal was on an edition of WCW Live (WCW's Internet talk show) and talked about the Goldberg match.  According to Regal, he and Goldberg were told that they would be having a six minute match.  Goldberg had not worked many matches, and very few that went more than three minutes, so Regal tried to work some holds into the match.  Goldberg didn't know what was going on, and resisted a lot of the moves.  Regal said he didn't blame Goldberg for what happened, and that he was on friendly terms with Bill.  Regal blamed the booker of the match (who he would not name) for putting Goldberg in a situation he wasn't ready for.  However, Regal said he did take the heat for things following the match. As for his firing, Regal took full blame for it, and attributed it to his own personal problems (which he has since defeated).

I haven't read Regal's book yet but apparently he describes it similarly there too.

Considering this match happened shortly after his infamous "unprofessional behavior on a flight" incident - it was probably just the culmination of events.

For those who have never seen the whole thing

Well yeah, but it's a much more fun story if Regal got fired for Lorenzo-ing Goldberg.

My favorite part is the look on Goldberg's face right after he does the roar into the camera.  It went from "RRRRROOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRR!!!!!!!" to "What the fuck did I do to deserve that?"

Oooh... that gives me an excuse to post this (since we are on the ref theme)

Posted Image

I miss Mark Curtis

My favourite Mark Curtis moment was the one Lucha 6-man they did at 'Bash at the Beach' one year when the three guys bounced off the ropes to do a triple dive and Curtis just fell to this knees in the corner and covered his head like "I'm gonna get in soooo much trouble!"

Why does a fat guy, who's entire gimmick is being a dirty hillbilly psychopath cult leader shave his armpits?

In his defense, old timey Southern men would shave their pits to stay cooler and less stinky.

My grandfather in East Texas, who refused to have air conditioning, used to do this.