DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ANIMATED GIF THREAD

RIPPA

Posted Image

It's even better when the page hasn't fully loaded and it's running slow.

"You're in for a loooooong night Sunshine." 

God I remember that match.  About 30 seconds into Regal's offense, Billy's just completely shocked:  "Wait...OW.  Wait.  OW... wtf he's actually hitting me."

I believe Regal was shown the door that night. 

Jeez, Sabu did like a John Woo bump on that Pounce.

Sabu trained Monty, so of course he's gonna make him look good.

I miss both Monty Brown and The Pounce. 

Yes because Sabu doesn't normally take ridiculous bumps at all. 

That being said, you could definitely see Sabu working harder when he was in with Monty than when he was squashing a natural or something. 

Seconded on Monty Brown and the Pounce, why the hell doesn't someone else steal that move. There's not a guy in TNA who I wouldn't like about a hundred times more if they started using the Pounce. 

God Monty was so amazing as a personality.Its a shame the WWE didn't hype him when they signed him. Hell they didn't even let him o nthe mic much and that's a shame because he was a far better talker thananything else.

James

I believe Regal was shown the door that night. 

Well that night or the next day. 

Regal's version 

Well, in July of 1999, after being rehired by WCW, Regal was on an edition of WCW Live (WCW's Internet talk show) and talked about the Goldberg match.  According to Regal, he and Goldberg were told that they would be having a six minute match.  Goldberg had not worked many matches, and very few that went more than three minutes, so Regal tried to work some holds into the match.  Goldberg didn't know what was going on, and resisted a lot of the moves.  Regal said he didn't blame Goldberg for what happened, and that he was on friendly terms with Bill.  Regal blamed the booker of the match (who he would not name) for putting Goldberg in a situation he wasn't ready for.  However, Regal said he did take the heat for things following the match. As for his firing, Regal took full blame for it, and attributed it to his own personal problems (which he has since defeated).

I haven't read Regal's book yet but apparently he describes it similarly there too.

Considering this match happened shortly after his infamous "unprofessional behavior on a flight" incident - it was probably just the culmination of events.

For those who have never seen the whole thing