DVDVR Message Board

RAW 2-10-14

RIPPA

Why does the Authority keep cutting the same "wag their finger" at Orton promos like disappointed parents? They need a clearer mission statement.  What's their motivation again?

They're dicks who enjoy tearing down anyone in a public setting.

I think he was asking the kayfabe reason.

They're dicks who enjoy tearing down anyone in a public setting while claiming that it is what's best for business.

I miss Vince

The Chicago crowd will be so nuts, that I think they should just book matches and finishes to troll the crowd. The goal should be for HHH to induce a riot.

so it has to be "Cult Of Personality" with HHH/Steph starting the show, even if Punk isn't coming back

I'd bring out Steve Lombardi to the music and have him announced as the Second City Brawler. When the crowd predictably boos, he gets on the microphone and complains that they are booing him because he is gay. His opponent is Titus O'Neal, but that match is quickly interrupted by a run-in from Darren Young. After the match, they run a video package showing that the Brawler is the most recent inductee into the WWE Hall of Fame.

Cult of personality ...

Followed by ...

A midget in cm punk gear

I'm actually really curious about the CM Punk trademark and whether or not they could do stuff like that.

Because if so, as we've said before, Corey Graves as the Corporate Best in the World is the way to go.

Edit: Oh, Internet:

tumblr_mosd3hLPaI1qebw21o1_500.jpg

Drug Down, indeed.

Could have been worse ... "Stay Free" was the alt option.

• Like 2

I have this weird feeling they're just going to pull out a surprise Cesaro victory out of nowhere. Either the Orton victory is completely obvious or too obvious.

Sort of like a compromise-fuck you. Cesaro getting the giant swing on Batista in the main event of Mania is a safe feel good WrestleMania moment, and almost like their insurance for if the crowd get really rabid with HHH going over Bryan in the undercard, they will pop huge for Cesaro.

Or, they could try their damnedest to make Orton as despicable and unlikeable as possible in an attempt to get people to boo him and cheer Batista.

I think they might be planting the seeds to go the other way - Randy gets shafted by Hunter/Steph and Dave is their new chosen one. Plenty of material to use like Dave being the one to beat Hunter and leave Evolution while Randy was kicked to the curb. Dave has a part in a major motion picture while Randy is begging Vince for bit parts in direct to dvd films...

I think the crowds would cheer Orton getting really paranoid over the next couple of weeks before finally snapping and trying to punt Steph's head off.

Psycho face Orton defending the title against cocky, Authority backed heel Batista  would work better than "Hero" Dave taking the title from Corporate Orton.

Or, they could try their damnedest to make Orton as despicable and unlikeable as possible in an attempt to get people to boo him and cheer Batista.

I think they might be planting the seeds to go the other way - Randy gets shafted by Hunter/Steph and Dave is their new chosen one. Plenty of material to use like Dave being the one to beat Hunter and leave Evolution while Randy was kicked to the curb. Dave has a part in a major motion picture while Randy is begging Vince for bit parts in direct to dvd films...

I think the crowds would cheer Orton getting really paranoid over the next couple of weeks before finally snapping and trying to punt Steph's head off.

Psycho face Orton defending the title against cocky, Authority backed heel Batista  would work better than "Hero" Dave taking the title from Corporate Orton.

Yeah I pretty much think this is the only way to go with this angle.  They have to do the double turn before Mania, not at Mania.  As much as people like to slag on Orton, crowds generally would rather cheer him.  Part of the reason they had Daniel Bryan get beat up for like 10 straight shows was because Orton was still getting cheered. 

Just spin the storyline to make it that The Authority has been trying to soften Orton up and serve him up to Batista at Mania.  The crowd will still likely turn on the match but the only hope they have is if Orton is the one selling and trying to gain sympathy.  If it's Batista trying to sell and Orton slapping on chinlocks, it will be death.

• Like 1

It's one of the best aspects of Punk the performer. He is able to draw importance out of ideas like "home field advantage" and what not. Punk/Cena is obviously the best example of this, but he was doing it way back when in ROH with Samoa Joe and Jimmy Rave etc etc.

Don't forget the night he and Colt beat the Briscoez for the tag titles. Still one of the best times I had at a live wrestling show.