DVDVR Message Board

RAW 2-10-14

RIPPA

I thought everything about this show but the first five minutes and last five minutes was awesome. The shield stuff and Wyatt stuff was great, I love how slowly the Ambrose/Reigns stuff is going.

I also love the official new name of the DDT: Girl bye. Randy Orton hit a beautiful one on John Cena.

Lita going into the HOF is nice. I guess we all can rest our fears of Stacey Kiebler getting a HOF spot. I have the last hour on DVR so I'll watch tomorrow. Judging by my Twitter timeline that women's match must have been fun.

So I'm guessing AJ inducts Lita so they can show that YouTube clip of her getting an autograph when she was like 12, right?

And the woman's trios matches have been a lot of fun. Oksana is the female Ryback - sloppy as hell but entertaining in a "wow, she just throws shit with reckless abandon" sort of way. She's my new favorite Diva.

Also, and I'm not saying this solely because of Brie's 5 inch vertical today...but the dirty secret of the ladies divsion is Nikki has actually gotten to be pretty good since her return. She has busted out several new moves that she hits well and look pretty good. I think she's clearly the better of the twins.

Johnny and Gregg should run a hyper positive Goofus and Gallant podcast gimmick. 

Nah, It'd have to be some negative nelly and one of us. 

"Goofus can't enjoy a fun wrestling show with great matches, and bitches online like a creep"

"Gallant enjoys a good show, and when he doesn't enjoy a show..he moves on with a smile."

What I want to know is who's the creepy weird puppet family from Highlights. They always freaked me the fuck out.

• Like 2

Man, RAW was fucking great tonight. That Real Americans/ Sheamus and Christian match was fucking killer, Orton/ Cena was really good, shit I only had to fast forward through the Divas tag. Everything else was great. And I liked the Outlaws getting out ribbed by Betty.

During the Americans tag my little three year old nephew came downstairs to say goodnight and wanted to "wrestle" like we do. Basically, I lay down and he jumps over me or on me. Then I miss a big splash and he jumps on me again for the three count. I couldn't  cause I hurt my side at work, so I say to him, "I can't, I have an owwie." Just then Sheamus kicks Jack in the face and the little guy says, "Oooh, now HE'S got an owwie!"   :D

Just because you're working hurt doesn't give you an excuse to just phone in the finish....and now you're on a messageboard no selling your own nephew?

That's some pretty selfish shit right there.

• Like 3

I was under-whelmed by Betty White, to be honest.

Of course, since this is Betty White and she gets a pass on everything up to and including murder, I'm going to just shift the blame on WWE for not giving her decent material.

There were a lot of brutal DDTs tonight. Good stuff. Ambrose being, indeed, the embodiment of Ace Merrill was fantastic. Cena and Orton had great heat. Best thing overall was Shield/Wyatts though, incredible matchup. Crowd was about to lose it before Bray dropped off the apron. The finisher-overkill sprint tags are starting to lose their luster already but at least there's a balance. 

• Like 1

Man, RAW was fucking great tonight. That Real Americans/ Sheamus and Christian match was fucking killer, Orton/ Cena was really good, shit I only had to fast forward through the Divas tag. Everything else was great. And I liked the Outlaws getting out ribbed by Betty.

During the Americans tag my little three year old nephew came downstairs to say goodnight and wanted to "wrestle" like we do. Basically, I lay down and he jumps over me or on me. Then I miss a big splash and he jumps on me again for the three count. I couldn't cause I hurt my side at work, so I say to him, "I can't, I have an owwie." Just then Sheamus kicks Jack in the face and the little guy says, "Oooh, now HE'S got an owwie!" :D

Just because you're working hurt doesn't give you an excuse to just phone in the finish....and now you're on a messageboard no selling your own nephew?

Well, I'll do the job tomorrow. I mean to be fair, He's beat me more times than Snuka's beaten Metal Maniac.
  • Like 5

I don't want to get hyperbolic, but that stare down is the reason I got in to pro wrestling as a kid. The three dudes who think they are the toughest got called out....and didn't back down, even the one who is constantly ducking title defenses. The three dudes that called them out did so because they also think they are the toughest dudes. It was a perfect segment, and did so much to with so little. You could show that segment to someone who has never seen any of these six men before and they would be able to tell you about the roles all six of them play. That is just perfect story telling, and makes me so excited for that match.

• Like 1

Lita going into the HOF is nice. I guess we all can rest our fears of Stacey Kiebler getting a HOF spot. I have the last hour on DVR so I'll watch tomorrow. Judging by my Twitter timeline that women's match must have been fun.

So I'm guessing AJ inducts Lita so they can show that YouTube clip of her getting an autograph when she was like 12, right?

And the woman's trios matches have been a lot of fun. Oksana is the female Ryback - sloppy as hell but entertaining in a "wow, she just throws shit with reckless abandon" sort of way. She's my new favorite Diva.

Also, and I'm not saying this solely because of Brie's 5 inch vertical today...but the dirty secret of the ladies divsion is Nikki has actually gotten to be pretty good since her return. She has busted out several new moves that she hits well and look pretty good. I think she's clearly the better of the twins.

I suspect Naomi may be of a different opinion.

During the Americans tag my little three year old nephew came downstairs to say goodnight and wanted to "wrestle" like we do. Basically, I lay down and he jumps over me or on me. Then I miss a big splash and he jumps on me again for the three count. I couldn't cause I hurt my side at work, so I say to him, "I can't, I have an owwie." Just then Sheamus kicks Jack in the face and the little guy says, "Oooh, now HE'S got an owwie!" :D

Well, I'll do the job tomorrow. I mean to be fair, He's beat me more times than Snuka's beaten Metal Maniac.

Sell the missile dropkick. He'll be a darling on here in no time.

• Like 1

I will hang with FSW and be pissed about Henry not being a world-beater though. Smilin' Mark Henry coming out to face off against the next-to-baddest six-man combo in the federation sucks. 

A Mark Henry smile isn't really a smile smile though.  Like, he's not smiling at you. 

He's smiling about you. 

About all that stuff he knows that's going on inside your endocrine system and how you're trying to hide it.

Cesaro looked like an absolute world beater in this and the next big thing. Zeb is awesome, too.

I love that the Real Americans were like the third or fourth most over faces tonight. It's amusing because it shows how much of a disconnect there is between creative and the fan base and because it makes that sanctimonious douche who writes the Raw recaps on Uproxx have to scramble to explain why they're suddenly the good guys.

Really glad for Cesaro, though. I haven't seen a progression like his since the Rock. I'm not saying he's the next Rock just that how the giant swing initially got no reaction and today everybody jumped to their feet and popped similarly to how the People's Elbow got crickets when he first did it then eventually progressed into being A BIG THING.

Also gotta give it up for tonight's crowd. The show was a lot better but shitty as last week's crowd was, these guys were inversely great.

Sell the missile dropkick. He'll be a darling on here in no time.

He actually just figured out how to a diving forward roll. So now he's being Eddie.

What the fuck was with Orton tonight? He mimed being a DJ at one point, then yelled a bunch of gibberish after the DDT. It was strange.

He's cutting promos at the crowd during matches, pretty much started it on SD last week. All part of him "getting crazier". I missed the DJ bit, but if you mimed me when I was a DJ it'd be a guy leaning over a table bored and occasionally walking over to a dressing room door to tell Deja she's next.
  • Like 1