DVDVR Message Board

RAW 2-10-14

RIPPA

Guys, we are going to talk about the big obvious controversey that will be rocking the IWC all week, right?

Betty White trolling Vince with Panda earrings.  I mean, damn.

Well it is either talk about this or about the New Age Outlaws trying to treat Betty White like a 1999 Philly hotel ring rat with the drink.   Obviously Betty is well aware when someone is trying to run a train on her  

• Like 5

Reigns' and Rollins' reactions when Mark Henry came out were great.  Ambrose, on the other hand, was a bit too reminiscent of Hogan when Piper debuted in WCW.

Booo. Ambrose reactions were the best.

And his "OOOooooowwwww" when his shoulder went into the corner post was total "Peter hurts his shin" on FAMILY GUY.

Ambrose makes the Shield are the best Ace Merrill gang ever.

stand_by_me_knife.jpg

Shield ain't 'fraid of nuthin, right Ace??

• Like 2

Reigns' and Rollins' reactions when Mark Henry came out were great.  Ambrose, on the other hand, was a bit too reminiscent of Hogan when Piper debuted in WCW.

Booo. Ambrose reactions were the best.

And his "OOOooooowwwww" when his shoulder went into the corner post was total "Peter hurts his shin" on FAMILY GUY.

Ambrose makes the Shield are the best Ace Merrill gang ever.

stand_by_me_knife.jpg

Shield ain't 'fraid of nuthin, right Ace??

I'm sorry, I tried to diagram this sentence but it appears to be the work of Google Translate.

So, baby girl, Roman Reigns' face character is going to be based on Bernie Mac.

I would be all for Roman sitting in his study talking to 'Murica about everything that is wrong with them damn kids.

I honestly skipped a lot of the show tonight when I realized the dog show was on CNBC. Sheamus/Antonio is a feud that needs to happen post Wrestlemania.

Lita going into the HOF is nice. I guess we all can rest our fears of Stacey Kiebler getting a HOF spot. I have the last hour on DVR so I'll watch tomorrow. Judging by my Twitter timeline that women's match must have been fun.

I can't believe Batista pulled the "You've changed, man!" card on HHH.  Everyone does that.  It's so tired.

"Hey, Dave.  Here, I'll give you the match you want, but maybe I won't do it in exactly the tone of voice you wanted me to."

"Man, you used to be cool.  I guess it's true, you go off to State college.  Get put on academic probation.  Storm out of one creative writing class.  Get a letter from the Dean.  Have your dad drive 100 miles to come pick you up and make you pay rent to move back into the half-attic.  And then you find your old Bro and ask him if you can use his girlfriend's car while she's at work....But people change, man.  People change."

• Like 2

Tonight's show was friggin' great.

Kiss ass Randy was so pathetic and slimy. I love the past run as the entitled spoiled brat. HHH not giving the crowd a Bryan match is great heeling and the whole trend of what makes Bryan so popular -- when we're deprived of him, we only want to see him more. A dude kicking Kane a bunch of times in 2014 should not get the reaction it did. But it did because the crowd loves Bryan and that's the only chance they got to see him. I also loved the terse personal review thing.

Wyatts vs. Rhodes/Rey was AWESOME. Great stuff. The running Sister Abigail was so great. One of the best endings to a match in a long time. They're doing a really great job of having Bray come up with all of these insane ways of hitting the move, like after catching Bryan on the floor at Royal Rumble. Kudos to Rey for taking that move AND for eating a Roman spear. He's essentially come back to put new dudes over. The end promo was par for the Bray Wyatt course.

The Shield dissension stuff is really great. "Do you know how much paperwork there is..." That was so hysterical and one of the great cop-out heel bs not wanting to defend a title lines. I can just picture all of the initials someone has to do before signing a US Title match. They should show that stuff.

The Sheamus promo was actually good. He's usually intolerable. But I liked this version of him of a dude who has fun fighting and wants to grab a beer with Christian afterwards. The match itself was terrific and stiff and wonderful. Cesaro looked like an absolute world beater in this and the next big thing. Zeb is awesome, too. Just great stuff from four guys who know what the hell they're doing.

The Batista/ADR stuff is a total snooze. I really like ADR a lot, too. But man oh man is Batista a total turd. He's best as a Hollywood wanna-be douche and not as the coolest guy in the room. They're just having him there right now -- he's in a holding pattern.

Road Dogg does seem like the kind of guy who would roofie an older woman. The Usos are doing so well as they get set up to be the next big thing. Billy Gunn's only worth comes from feigning food poisoning. Road Dogg was really good on commentary and I usually hate that dude.

The Ambrose/Henry match was very smart. It wasn't a classic or anything but I liked the psychology in it a lot. I loved Reigns and Seth clowning on Dean before the match. I loved Dean's "oh man" face. Henry did a great job just tossing Dean around and Dean made it seem like he was about to die in front of our eyes. Then Dean got control of the one weakness Henry has, and went after that.

BUT MAN THAT SHOWDOWN. That felt like a movie western right there. Just six bad dudes staring each other down as the crowd eats it all up. That was one of the most electric moments they've had. I legitimately muttered an obscenity watching that unfold. This is seriously the feud of the year right now. I really cannot wait to see this match.

The main event was very good. I loved Cena's promo to sell it during the show -- We're the two best of our era, the new guard is coming up, let's see who is going to be the one to hold down the fort before we get put to pasture.

The match itself told that story so well. Two old foes who know each other incredibly well. I loved Orton's reaction after the top rope hangman's DDT. That was so inspired. And the end felt right -- Cena IS the best of his generation, but Randy's really good, too. Now who can get through him at Elimination Chamber?

Great night.

• Like 4

Wyatts vs. Rhodes/Rey was AWESOME. Great stuff. The running Sister Abigail was so great. One of the best endings to a match in a long time. They're doing a really great job of having Bray come up with all of these insane ways of hitting the move, like after catching Bryan on the floor at Royal Rumble. Kudos to Rey for taking that move AND for eating a Roman spear. He's essentially come back to put new dudes over. The end promo was par for the Bray Wyatt course.

Between Wyatt's finish on Rey and that perfectly acted standoff, I am so on board with this feud now.  Top selling point for the next PPV.

• Like 1

Between Wyatt's finish on Rey and that perfectly acted standoff, I am so on board with this feud now.  Top selling point for the next PPV.

That match is the selling point. EC will no doubt be good since they have six really good dudes in it. But it's not special. This is. And it's just a match with no gimmicks. It's just bad dudes who want to beat the hell out of each other.

On another note from the main event -- It totally felt like a Roger Federer vs. Nadal Grand Slam match from five years ago, right before Novak and Andy Murray broke through.

Man, RAW was fucking great tonight. That Real Americans/ Sheamus and Christian match was fucking killer, Orton/ Cena was really good, shit I only had to fast forward through the Divas tag. Everything else was great. And I liked the Outlaws getting out ribbed by Betty.

During the Americans tag my little three year old nephew came downstairs to say goodnight and wanted to "wrestle" like we do. Basically, I lay down and he jumps over me or on me. Then I miss a big splash and he jumps on me again for the three count. I couldn't  cause I hurt my side at work, so I say to him, "I can't, I have an owwie." Just then Sheamus kicks Jack in the face and the little guy says, "Oooh, now HE'S got an owwie!"   :D