DVDVR Message Board

Over the Edge 1999 Arguments

goodhelmet

You know what I'm more concerned about? Does the Network feature those weird UK only PPVs from the late 90s????

Those PPVs will be available. That means they will show the Capital Carnage PPV where Sable rips off Jacqueline's shirt while she was sitting on Tim White's shoulders. Jacqueline didn't appear to be in any hurry to cover her breasts. I had never heard of this match until a couple of years ago.

Still so much fun...

If me making you look like an ass is as much fun for me as it is for you, then this must be like your birthday, New Years, and Christmas all rolled into one.

Can someone REALLY lack self-awareness this much? Or is this a masterful troll job??

Hint: when you have to say multiple times "Is this that hard to understand?" then you're probably the asshole.

• Like 1

Still so much fun...

If me making you look like an ass is as much fun for me as it is for you, then this must be like your birthday, New Years, and Christmas all rolled into one.

Can someone REALLY lack self-awareness this much? Or is this a masterful troll job??

Hint: when you have to say multiple times "Is this that hard to understand?" then you're probably the asshole.

I can live with that distinction. Plus, a few more exchanges, and I'll have you convinced I'm a rocket scientist. Dumb people, voodoo, etc. etc.

I wonder if this debate would look different if the PPV had one of the best matches of the year on it.

Well, Rock/HHH from the show is probably borderline top 10 for the WWF that year, but believe me that says a lot more about 1999 WWF than the match itself. Holly/Snow hardcore match (went on before Owen) was a fringe match I could see some people getting behind.

I haven't felt this stupid since I read through the entire Zimmerman trial thread.

I got OTE in a tape trade 10 years ago. I appreciated experiencing the historical event. I don't give the first shit what anyone who isn't married to me, or who gave birth to me, thinks about me.

I hope we all open a thread to watch it on the network ASAP.

• Like 1

My only takeaway from this thread (besides the obvious) is that I think certain people have been confusing the word "clamouring" with "asking". There's a difference.

If this thread is a usable sample size, no one is saying it's a dealbreaker if they don't air it. It was more based out of curiousity as to IF it was actually being included and certain parties took that point beyond its limits.

Bottom line: I may watch it when WWEN drops. I also might not. That's my choice and being able to speak only for myself I know it's not for depraved reasons if I do.

My only takeaway from this thread (besides the obvious) is that I think certain people have been confusing the word "clamouring" with "asking". There's a difference.

Your takeaway from this thread should be that the smarky internet fanbase in 1999 was blatantly wrong and Kane had a better year than Jericho and therefore may have even been better in the ring than him that year. 

• Like 1

Why do they lose all value? Isn't entertainment important? Why do entertainers make so much money? Why does entertainment generate so much revenue?

Isn't it worse if someone tries to make money out of a tragedy, ie: making movies about the holocaust and 9/11 to generate revenue than it is show the people what happened after the Owen incident?

Even if you think that PPV lost all its merit, why does that mean that it has to be censored and no one should be able to have access to it ever? No one will force you to watch it, there will be lot's of stuff on the Network.

Sure entertainment is important. But not as important as, you know, not dying.

It's not worse, because those are HISTORICAL OCCURANCES IN THE COURSE OF HUMAN EVENTS, not EQUIPMENT MALFUNCTIONS IN THE MIDDLE OF A STAGED PERFORMANCE. Further, both 9/11 and the Holocaust were deliberately planned by those who committed the acts, Owen's death was a freak accident. You can use footage of both events to teach people the sad, possible nature of human actions. What does one get from watching OTE? That they should think twice before using any safety harness? Why is this so hard for people to understand.

Censoring it and not having it available are two different things. By editing the PPV and putting it up, WWE is effectively censoring it. So you think it should go up uncensored, as is? Counterpoint: Why must people have access to it? What does a viewer lose by NOT having access to it?  (Answer: Nothing)

Who are you to decide if people must or must not access it? No one is saying that people must watch it, WWE ain't promoting it like "NOW IT'S YOUR CHANCE TO SEE THE FORBIDDEN FOOTAGE".

We all will be dead and entertainment will remain. Everybody dies. Maybe some people don't care that Owen died that match and want to see the matches. No one cares about the deaths of every people in the world. When I started watching wrestling Owen was dead and I had no idea who he was, and I haven't watch many matches of him.

If I decided to watch all WWE footage from 1999 and I saw the Raw's building for OTE I would rather have the PPV with a previous explanation about what happened then to see history removed. Then I would decide if I wanted to watch it or not, maybe I would and I would like the matches.

I enjoy Benoit matches still, but when I see Woman valleting Sandman I get sad the she was killed. Am I a monster? A terrible human being? But I do volunteer work with cancer kids 3 days a week : (

This isn't much fun without Ant throwing punches at the wind. Come back!

And now you know why people had so much fun with you.
Yeah, that irony hasn't been lost on me. But at least I learned from my mistakes and got better.

I like that by "got better" you mean "started trolling".

• Like 1

This isn't much fun without Ant throwing punches at the wind. Come back!

And now you know why people had so much fun with you.
Yeah, that irony hasn't been lost on me. But at least I learned from my mistakes and got better.
I like that by "got better" you mean "started trolling".

Laughing at people is better than shouting at a wall.

Sorry, too busy building a rover to one of Jupiter's moons.

How is this thread 7 pages?

Someone decided to make an ethical stand with the self-righteousness of a less intelligent Wernher von Braun

Fixed.

The only thing worse than hysterical indignation backed into a corner? Intellegencia dick-waggling.

Hate twofer!

• Like 1

Strong words for a grown man with PSN stats in his signature.

Sorry, too busy building a rover to one of Jupiter's moons.

How is this thread 7 pages?

Someone decided to make an ethical stand with the self-righteousness of a less intelligent Wernher von Braun

Fixed.
The only thing worse than hysterical indignation backed into a corner? Intellegencia dick-waggling.

Hate twofer!

How am I "backed into a corner?" I've made my case sufficiently, there's nothing left to argue. You act as if I should for some bizarre reason be ashamed for arguing my position.