DVDVR Message Board
Web Conn

Wrestling What Ifs

What if: 

SMW never happens, and Cornette joins the WWF in 1991, taking the Midnights with him  and also taking over from Bobby Heenan as manager of Mr Perfect? (Basically taking John Tolos's spot with Bobby and Stan taking the spot of the Beverly Brothers).

He and Hennig would have been a fun duo although that wouldn't have lasted long as Curt's back injury would likely have still happened. I can see the Midnights ending up where Money Inc. were, taking the title from the LOD (and Hawk and Animal might have been more willing to drop the belts on TV, since the Midnights had done the honors for them in the NWA), and then feuding with the Steiners in 1993. After that I see Stan retiring, Bobby being used in a JTTS role and Cornette being more of an announcer, maybe he still ends up as Yokozuna's manager.

• Like 1

In 1985, the closest Bret Hart's getting to a match with a Nature Boy is Buddy Landel.  I just don't think he ever had the fire to make it in a Southern territory.

In 1992, he wanted to jump with the IC title so he wouldn't have even been a WWF headliner yet.  He'd have to be a heel in WCW cause he's using the top guy's finisher.  Maybe say he came to the WCW cause he was tired of waiting for a World Title match in the WWF and since Sting had beaten Flair then he was actually the real World Champ.  Then Sting beats him and he goes down the card to the US Title and feuds with Steamboat or Dustin Rhodes.

Flair wanted Cornette as his manager as a Kentucky colonel for his WWF run.

• Like 1