DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling What Ifs

Web Conn

Seriously though, Lillian has been with the company for over a decade, so in addition to her ring announcing duties, I'm sure she's more than capable of picking up the slack in cases of emergency.  So it's not a case of putting the cart in front of the horse, as Cibernetico might think

See you later, sport. Mike's impending week off aside, anytime the WWE goes outside the normal format, generally when they're forced, it feels different in special. Just having Lillian there made it feel a bit more like an event, as weird as that sounds on paper.

I know it is a morbid "what if" topic, but I've found the speculation over the last few pages to be fascinating. Certainly I don't want all the big stars – or any stars – to die in a tragic plane crash. But sadly these things do happen, and you never know how they're going to handle it. With as deep a roster as they've got now, they're positioned as well as they've ever been to cover for such a horrible situation.

What if WWF hadn't of turned Powers of Pain in 1988 and instead had kept riding their rising level of popularity? I'm thinking they definitely would have been tag champs at some point, and the long term ramifications could have been many, affecting teams like the Rockers and Hart Foundation most notably.

The Lilian Garcia call was always puzzling. When Raw is on the verge of wreckage, who thought it was important to get Lilian Garcia?

tumblr_lt25koAqOO1qzrlhgo6_250.gif

Not gonna lie, I have no idea what I'm supposed to be getting out of the gif (as relates to the quote about Lillian), but it made me laugh anyway.

I am Stimpy, The red button is my desire to make a horse joke and possibly get banned and the other guy is everyone else (sans Rippa) on this board wanting me to, but mainly Matt D & FSW.

My takeaway from this is that with Matt's denial, it's FSW trying to give you the stinkface up there.

I've been wondering lately why the WWE didn't go the Triple Crown route and have their heavyweight champion carry around the WWE, WCW, and ECW titles. Heck, go the full monty and toss in the AWA, and WCCW titles as well. I'm sure WWE would never do this as it would be a sort of admission that other promotions were on their level, but I think it would have been/would be really cool.

The WWE also sells replica and cheaply made not-quite-so-replica belts.  I imagine having the champ walking around with, say, three belts would produce more than a 1/3 dropoff in purchasing of individual belts.

Moreover, as the current Orton run is proving, the top guy holding multiple belts just looks pretty bad.  That might just be Orton's lack of charisma, though.

My biggest issue is that Orton carries the belts around with zero prestige and pride. He just slings them both over the same shoulder and goes about his business. It's the same problem I had with Ambrose shoving the belt down his pants and Rollins just tossing his like a sack of shit over the guard rail; if they don't care about holding the belts why should the fans?

My biggest issue is that Orton carries the belts around with zero prestige and pride. He just slings them both over the same shoulder and goes about his business. It's the same problem I had with Ambrose shoving the belt down his pants and Rollins just tossing his like a sack of shit over the guard rail; if they don't care about holding the belts why should the fans?

I feel the same way. Especially last night when he entered the ring and just tossed the World Championship in the ring, and held the WWE title as he walked up ring stairs.

• Like 1

I've been wondering lately why the WWE didn't go the Triple Crown route and have their heavyweight champion carry around the WWE, WCW, and ECW titles. Heck, go the full monty and toss in the AWA, and WCCW titles as well. I'm sure WWE would never do this as it would be a sort of admission that other promotions were on their level, but I think it would have been/would be really cool.

Or have a heel champ who insists on carrying copies of every version of the WWE title belt (Big Gold, the belt Rock introduced in 13, Hogans 1st reign belt, winged Eagle, 98 winged eagle, 02 unified) like he's the J Crown champ

• Like 3

Or have a heel champ who insists on carrying copies of every version of the WWE title belt (Big Gold, the belt Rock introduced in 13, Hogans 1st reign belt, winged Eagle, 98 winged eagle, 02 unified) like he's the J Crown champ

This is basically what I'm aiming for, a J-Crown in the WWE, but with the WWE, WCW, ECW, AWA, etc. heavyweight belts instead. Would be awesome methinks.

This is basically what I'm aiming for, a J-Crown in the WWE, but with the WWE, WCW, ECW, AWA, etc. heavyweight belts instead. Would be awesome methinks.

It'd have to be other dead promotion titles.  There are too many WWE title variants to carry without an entorauge.  (12 without customs).  (And as an aside, Bix, I totally disagree with your design rankings!)  

Now the other thing, is do you use the WCCW and AWA belts, or just use the USWA belt (since it was just those two titles unified anyway).

To be fair, Stone Cold and the Rock never wore their belts either and pretty much just flung them in the ring.  And I'm pretty sure Stone Cold talked about how he broke his once doing that.  Hell, Cena flings the belt around and broke the spinner plate a couple times back when his version spun.

To be fair, Stone Cold and the Rock never wore their belts either and pretty much just flung them in the ring. And I'm pretty sure Stone Cold talked about how he broke his once doing that. Hell, Cena flings the belt around and broke the spinner plate a couple times back when his version spun.

Can we all agree that the spinner belt never needs to see the light of day again?